Manchester Day Conference/London Demo 28th March.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spikymike
Mar 14 2009 17:23
Manchester Day Conference/London Demo 28th March.

I see the Manchester Economic Crisis Day conference is on the 28th of March on the same day as London Anarchists (inc' AF)are calling for a black bloc on the trade union demo in London.

I wouldn't be travelling to London for this demo' anyway so it is of no particular concern to me but I note that the Manchester event is not posted here?

I presume northern AF are putting their weight behind support for the Manchester Event posted in the announcements section?

knightrose
Mar 14 2009 18:14

Don't worry, there are enough AF members "down south" for us to do both.

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 15 2009 14:27

Just for the record, it's being termed as a Militant Workers Bloc. Whether this is just a semantic difference remains to be seen...

raw
Mar 15 2009 22:17
Spikymike wrote:
I see the Manchester Economic Crisis Day conference is on the 28th of March on the same day as London Anarchists (inc' AF)are calling for a black bloc on the trade union demo in London.

I wouldn't be travelling to London for this demo' anyway so it is of no particular concern to me but I note that the Manchester event is not posted here?

I presume northern AF are putting their weight behind support for the Manchester Event posted in the announcements section?

Just to clarify comrade that it is a Militant Workers Bloc that many of the London Anarchists groups are supporting but it has also been endorsed by non-anarchist entities like the IWW. It is not a black bloc, though there may be people wearing black.

Personally for this we shouldn't wear masks, or black, as the politics will speak louder and our presence will be better absorbed if we appeared similar to the rest of the march. Though people wearing black or having masks to conceal identities will also be welcomed. thats just a personal opinion.

It should be a good day and will put anarchists on the political map - for their politics rather than some media misrepresentation. We expect between 500-1000 to march with us - bring friends, network it and see you there!

hpz
Mar 16 2009 18:14

I Was wondering where i can get information on for protests and " Militant Workers Blocs" are taking place i considered joining Af in order to get more information although being 16 and living at home. And my parents being complitaly against "reckless" and "unacheivable" politics as they say i have decided not to. I live in northampton a short journey from london so getting to london would be easy i was wondering if there is anywhere i can get hold of up coming protests online ?

nastyned
Mar 16 2009 19:16

Schnews has a list of all manner of protests: http://www.schnews.org.uk/pap/guide.php

If you contact the AF they can also keep you informed of events they'll be going to.

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 16 2009 19:23

There's a Solfed group in Northampton, I'm sure they'd be happy to let you know what's happening locally: northamptonsf(at)solfed(dot)org(dot)uk

raw
Mar 17 2009 17:42
hpz wrote:
I Was wondering where i can get information on for protests and " Militant Workers Blocs" are taking place i considered joining Af in order to get more information although being 16 and living at home. And my parents being complitaly against "reckless" and "unacheivable" politics as they say i have decided not to. I live in northampton a short journey from london so getting to london would be easy i was wondering if there is anywhere i can get hold of up coming protests online ?

www.indymedia.org.uk is probably the best interms of upcoming demos