New from AF - Introduction to Anarchist Communism

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Django's picture
Django
Mar 31 2010 17:41
New from AF - Introduction to Anarchist Communism

We've just published our latest pamphlet, which is an overview of what we think is basically wrong with the world we live in, how we can fight to improve it, and what kind of world we think is worth fighting for.

Copies can be ordered from the link below, alternatively you can download a reading pdf for free.

http://www.afed.org.uk/publications/pamphlets-booklets/163-introduction-to-anarchist-communism.html

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
Mar 31 2010 22:09

I spotted this last night and skim read it while procrastinating writing an essay for uni - on first glance like Jack said, it looks really good. I'll have a proper read this weekend smile

If the quality of the politics in it is anything like Against Nationalism, I'll probably suggest that AWSM starts distro-ing it over here, we've been looking for a few good introductory pamphlets to use.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 1 2010 18:36

Django would you be able to post that up in the library here?

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Apr 1 2010 18:42

Pretty good stuff. If tweaked in a couple parts, could be used here in the States easily.

Steve_j
Apr 1 2010 19:05

Thanks for posting, have been going through the AFed literature and now looking forward to getting around to this.

gypsy
Apr 4 2010 10:45

Very interesting. I think the examples from class struggle periods of history are especially good. Although was it my imagination or did the pamphlet sit on the fence abit with regards to lifestylers?

ticking_fool
Apr 2 2010 09:05

It does say this on lifestylism:

Quote:
Whilst we respect many people who make these personal lifestyle choices, we reject this as a useful form of political action.

which is pretty unequivocal. It just doesn't go into full on attack mode.

madashell's picture
madashell
Apr 6 2010 11:12
Dead End wrote:
Pretty good stuff. If tweaked in a couple parts, could be used here in the States easily.

Out of curiosity, what bits do you think wouldn't apply to the US as is?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 6 2010 11:13

I would imagine that references to the dole, etc would need to be rewritten

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Apr 6 2010 17:53
Steven. wrote:
I would imagine that references to the dole, etc would need to be rewritten

Yeah, stuff like that. UK specific references.

Django's picture
Django
Apr 6 2010 18:45

I imagine that the box-outs on class struggle in the 70s and the Poll Tax rebellion could be replaced with issues more specific to the US (or anywhere for that matter).

Cooked's picture
Cooked
Apr 6 2010 22:46

Excellent pamphlet. Was in the pub last wednesday discussing with some friends and failed to articulate why I'm sceptical towards what you in the pamphlet call Lifestylism.

Found the pamphlet as I was drunkenly surfing the web afterwards. Had I read it before the discussion would have been far better.

crwydryny
Apr 16 2010 10:52

I downloaded it (and a few others things I've missed over the last few months) yesterday and spent last night reading part of it and it brings up some intresting points. actually ended up debating with a friend about how an anarchist communist society would function. hopefully I'll have time later to finish reading it.