Nominations for Bastard of the Year

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
knightrose
Nov 26 2007 21:45
Nominations for Bastard of the Year

Nominations required for prestigious AF awards ceremony to be carried out in next issue of Resistance:
Bastard of the Year

Categories so far:

International Bastard of the Year
British Bastard of the Year
Young BOTY
Rich BOTY
Dead BOTY

plus other categories please ...

petey
Nov 26 2007 23:03

are these political bastards, or is it open-category?

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 26 2007 23:21

Libcom.org bastard of the year?...

knightrose
Nov 26 2007 23:22

categories are open

H
Nov 27 2007 02:23

[It's a bad night for me tonight]

MJ's picture
MJ
Nov 27 2007 02:42

Dead BOTY:

Anna Nicole Smith, Boris Yeltsin, Jerry Falwell, Jean Baudrillard, Hans Filbinger, Liz Claiborne, Robert Anton Wilson, Pierre Messmer, Kurt Vonnegut, Porter Wagoner, Ernest Gallo, Leona Helmsley, Maurice Papon

(Not bastards: Tammy Faye Bakker, Don Ho, Ingmar Bergman, Lee Hazlewood, Madeleine L'Engle, Norman Mailer, Marcel Marceau, Max Roach)

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 27 2007 04:48
Quote:
And how the fuck do you get off in making Vonnegut a bastard

Fuck Right! I officially retract the suggestion I mentally made for making Revol the libcom.org bastard of the year.

MJ's picture
MJ
Nov 27 2007 05:36
revol68 wrote:

And how the fuck do you get off in making Vonnegut a bastard whilst bigging up that prick Mailer?

shit, just noticed you have Baudriilard as a bastard, that's well harsh blah blah blah waaaahhh

Battlescarred
Nov 27 2007 11:56

Holy Bakunin! I find myself actually agreeing with the vile little emo for once

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Nov 27 2007 12:02
Quote:
Fuck Right! I officially retract the suggestion I mentally made for making Revol the libcom.org bastard of the year.

Do we even need nominations to establish that revol would get those honours?

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Nov 27 2007 13:21

- Allan Leighton and Adam Crozier: For taking massive bonuses while forcing through the destruction of their own industry, cutting tens of thousands of jobs, breaking pension promises, cutting wages and attacking working conditions. As a pair because, like Morcame and Wise, these clowns are at their best working together.
-Sir Digby Jones: After years of being the voice of big business as head of the CBI, he's become minister of trade under Brown and has acquired direct control over some policy along with a big say in everything else.
- Patricia Hewitt and Alan Johnson: For their sterling work in as health ministers over 2007 undermining every aspect of the NHS, cutting wages for nurses, imposing economic strictures which have forced hospitals to close and fire thousands while a massive surplus of cash builds up, promoting free-market 'solutions' such as foundation status and ISTCs which have diverted money away from care, the disintegration of mental health services under their disasterous return to 'care in the community'...
- Tony Blair: For that sickening, smug farewell tour which seemed to go on for months.

knightrose
Nov 27 2007 22:03

Thanks saii. That's the sort of thing I had in mind. Now any more offers?

Randy
Nov 28 2007 02:13
revol68 wrote:
...And how the fuck do you get off ... bigging up that prick Mailer?....

Norman Mailer wrote:
"His mouth lathered with her sap, he turned around and embraced her face with all the passion of his own lips and face, ready at last to grind into her with the Hound, drive it into her piety."

Pure genius.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 28 2007 02:29
Khawaga wrote:
Quote:

Do we even need nominations to establish that revol would get those honours?

Yeah, but it needed to be done, the joke just had to be made.

Holy Bakunin??

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Nov 28 2007 02:58
knightrose wrote:
Thanks saii. That's the sort of thing I had in mind. Now any more offers?

i reckon you should pick someone, then off them to fill DBOTY.

madashell's picture
madashell
Nov 28 2007 10:12

Ed Balls - Besides the fact that he's a member of the Fabian society, and therefore a cunt by default, this benefit stuff alone is enough reason to nominate him for BOTY.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Nov 28 2007 13:20

Trevor Chinn - Chairman of the AA, has presided over one of the most notorious cases of private equity asset stripping of recent times, cutting jobs and the level of roadside cover, setting up a scab union to drive out the GMB, undermining the stability of the company for the sake of quick profits.

The board of disabled employment/training group Remploy: Standout choice for any 'self-serving selfsih bastards of the year' category, for sitting as part-timers on the Remploy board for vast sums of cash, then pushing for cuts to the level of service provided to disabled people looking for work and training rather than take pay cuts of their own or leave to spend more time on one of their other numerous directorships.

magnifico
Nov 28 2007 13:26
madashell wrote:
Ed Balls - Besides the fact that he's a member of the Fabian society, and therefore a cunt by default, this benefit stuff alone is enough reason to nominate him for BOTY.

I shook his hand a couple of months ago embarrassed

we were picketing some local labour fundraising dinner and he jumped out of his taxi and was on me before i knew what was going on. also i didn't know what he looked like.

my comrades were disgusted, and rightfully so

petey
Nov 28 2007 14:20
madashell wrote:

and that name. do you get used to it after a while?

Mike Harman
Nov 28 2007 14:44

Zach Goldsmith - for adding a green tinge to the Tories and letting them put someone under 45 on TV for the first time since William Hague.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Nov 28 2007 19:28
Saii wrote:
- Allan Leighton and Adam Crozier: For taking massive bonuses while forcing through the destruction of their own industry, cutting tens of thousands of jobs, breaking pension promises, cutting wages and attacking working conditions. As a pair because, like Morcame and Wise, these clowns are at their best working together.

You should add the cunts Dave Ward and Billy Hayes to that pair.

the button's picture
the button
Nov 28 2007 19:32
newyawka wrote:
madashell wrote:

and that name. do you get used to it after a while?

The only positive is that because of his ministerial post, he spends a lot of time in schools, and meeting children & young people. And you just know that they're pretty much all sniggering away at his stupid name.

Ed Balls. Balls. Hahahahahahaha.

And so on.

petey
Nov 28 2007 19:35
the button wrote:
The only positive is that because of his ministerial post, he spends a lot of time in schools, and meeting children & young people. And you just know that they're pretty much all sniggering away at his stupid name.

And so on.

how could you not?
balls. his name is balls. HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

the button's picture
the button
Nov 28 2007 19:43
newyawka wrote:
the button wrote:

And so on.

how could you not?

He's visited my workplace a couple of times in the last few months, but mercifully I haven't met him yet, because I don't think I'd be able to contain myself. "Your name's Balls. And you're a cock. What are the chances of that happening? Hahahahahaha. OK, I'll just clear my desk now, shall I?"

bugbear
Nov 29 2007 17:30
the button wrote:
newyawka wrote:
the button wrote:

And so on.

how could you not?

He's visited my workplace a couple of times in the last few months, but mercifully I haven't met him yet, because I don't think I'd be able to contain myself. "Your name's Balls. And you're a cock. What are the chances of that happening? Hahahahahaha. OK, I'll just clear my desk now, shall I?"

Much as losing your job would suck, it's hard to say it wouldn't be worth it. grin

little_brother's picture
little_brother
Dec 2 2007 12:42

Balls it is then?