Phoenix Liberation Movement

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
phoenixd7
Jun 27 2006 16:11
Phoenix Liberation Movement

Comrades,

I belive that the world is on the brink of destruction, and now is the time to do something about it, never before has the climate been ripe for revolution. Many of us think the same thoughts... in fact, in my own experience nearly all of us think alike, whether we put it into words or not. Of course, what do we think? We think the world is turning into some kind of Orwellian drama, and it's not got great actors, or much of a theme tune. Anyway, my point is that if all of us cast aside our own petty differences, and unite under a single banner then we can overcome the hardships in our own country and then across the world.

I am burning with hatred for the sly capitalist regime and what it has done to the whole world, regardless of my own clashes with the status quo. The system was created by the rich, and for the rich. Never were the workers supposed to grow a brain and a apair of balls to stand up, but more and more people are these days, and I welcome it.

My friends, I have such hopes, and such aspirations of how to succeed in our dream. But I cannot be victorious alone.

I ask you to contact me, and together we will stand united in the face of tyranny.

Comrades, today the revolution finally begins.

blackrattribe@hotmail.com

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jun 27 2006 17:17

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jun 27 2006 18:37

i think we can use this thread as a thread to bury bad news;

i secretly quite like one U2 song and that stereophonics that sounds like U2 embarrassed

phoenixd7
Jul 6 2006 16:06

Okay then, I guess most of you guys out there are pussies, be content though...

enelpozo
Jul 6 2006 20:01
phoenixd7 wrote:
I guess most of you guys out there are pussies

Could you explain?

WeTheYouth
Jul 6 2006 23:34

Wow the AF attracts nutters.

phoenixd7
Jul 7 2006 15:29

Sure,

Everyone in this setting always talks about change and looks hopefully to the future, but when someone actually suggests practical action they act all cynical... talk about an individualist society....

the button's picture
the button
Jul 7 2006 15:31

Hello, gangster. I thought you'd been banned. confused

Refused's picture
Refused
Jul 7 2006 17:23
phoenixd7 wrote:
Sure,

Everyone in this setting always talks about change and looks hopefully to the future, but when someone actually suggests practical action they act all cynical... talk about an individualist society....

Which part of your post espoused practical action????

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jul 8 2006 14:41
Refused wrote:

Which part of your post espoused practical action????

Quote:
I ask you to contact me, and together we will stand united in the face of tyranny.
Refused's picture
Refused
Jul 8 2006 16:31

grin

phoenixd7
Jul 8 2006 21:52

Well even a splinter jammed in the balls of the monster is better than nothing. My point in the original message was that more people should do something when they feel that jab in the back of the mind of the subtle totalitarianism of the modern state. Anyway, i'm pleased with the results of this, so we're all good... red n black star

enelpozo
Jul 9 2006 12:45
phoenixd7 wrote:
Sure,

phoenixd7, this is the 20th year of the Anarchist Federation; we have been active since 1986. It sounds a bit arrogant to say it, but it's more of a case of you joining us rather than us joining you.

You'll appreciate, though, that things like making a revolution and creating a whole new world don't happen overnight. They won't happen by you declaring yourself an anarchist and neither will they happen by the AF selling a magazine. It will be a combination of things over a large period of time. Sure you becoming an anarchist will help in this process but you have to have a bit of patience in this game, unfortunately.

meanoldman
Jul 9 2006 13:22

Can we get rid of this clown from our forum?

phoenixd7
Jul 9 2006 15:57

wait wait, is'nt the whole point of Anarchism to be leaderless? And that wasn't what I was suggesting at all, I was simply saying that people should be making preparations now. The phoenix Liberation movement was just a name to describe what I hope to achieve; the freedom of the people rising from the flames of poverty and injustice.

All I'm offering is ideas, maybe I came in too headstrong? Although I'd be interested in how anyone else thinks social change will come about, if not through the actions of people themselves.

enelpozo
Jul 9 2006 16:14

Meanoldman, bite your tongue smile

Phoenixd7, anarchism is leaderless. Have a read of the Beyond Resistance pamphlet we sent you, it might give some answers to your questions.

knightrose
Jul 9 2006 16:56

Agreed - let's talk to the guy. As he said, he probably came on a bit strong - but didn't we all once? Maybe we need a bit of the passion back.

phoenixd7
Jul 10 2006 16:25

I was wondering if you would recognize me mr, or miss El,

And passion, well that's exactly what i'm trying to rekindle. This is just my opinion, but people just seem to have given up fighting for the cause, and once again, just my opinion, but isn't it basic fighting that accomplishes such great things, all be it on a primal level. And underneath it all, isn't that what Anarchism is about? Not the complacent mediocre things, but real action to take back what is ours? The number of hits this topic has got in the few days speaks for itself, people are open to such drastic sounding action as the "Phoenix Liberation Movement", just my opinion.

Anyway, peace for now comrades. red n black star

enelpozo
Jul 10 2006 17:06

Well, firstly, I'm not sure what you mean by people being open to the 'drastic action' of the Phoenix Liberation Movement. You invented this yourself. On a message board.

I'm also not sure what you mean by your claim that people "seem to have given up fighting for the cause". Are you basing this on the slow fizzling out of the 'anti-capitalist movement' and its big publicity actions, perhaps?

The Anarchist Federation is constantly growing, as well as SolFed, the IWW, as well as the number of people attracted to the libcom site. Not sure about Class War. All this would suggest that people haven't given up fighting for the cause, not on the anarchist front at least.

Perhaps we are just really bad at saying 'we're here, doing things, things are happening'.

phoenixd7
Jul 13 2006 15:20

Maybe so, but people have different ideas about what "fighting" actually is, some may think not tipping the waiter as mcdonalds is fighting the system, others may think that launching a molotov cocktial into an oncoming police car is fighting. Sure, people out there are doing things in their own way, and that's better than nothing, but can you honestly see the mediocre ways of "rebellion" accomplishing anything, and if so, then in our lifetime?

enelpozo
Jul 13 2006 16:52

I don't think throwing a molotov will accomplish anything. And what are these 'mediocre' ways of rebellion you're talking about?

madashell's picture
madashell
Jul 13 2006 22:42
enelpozo wrote:
Perhaps we are just really bad at saying 'we're here, doing things, things are happening'.

I'd say that this is almost a good thing, to an extent. Rather than seeking to gain recognition within the lefty milleu, we should be organising as workers and looking at why we're such an irrelevance.

More "struggle" completely disconnected from everyday life is meaningless.

phoenixd7
Jul 16 2006 14:54

Mediocre ways of rebellion? Enelpozo, you know in your heart that we all could be doing a whole lot more to acheive not only our goals, (speaking broadly as circle A narchists), but fighting for the people. Isn't it our responsibility to do whatever we can, and then some?

Personally, if more people turned up with molotovs and baseball bats to a rally, I know that the cause would grab the attention of the public eye. Nothing happens without a cause, and sooner or later more people will ask we are doing this. But we need to stimulate the media, give them something to talk about. Whether good or bad publicity, it's still publicity.

knightrose
Jul 16 2006 16:40

you're completely and utterly wrong. What's needed is not spectacular actions, divorced from struggle. What's needed is the hard slog in our workplaces and communities to build resistance collectively.

Refused's picture
Refused
Jul 16 2006 16:58

Not another "propaganda by deed" throwback. Anarch, is that you?

phoenixd7
Jul 16 2006 18:00

That 'hard slog' isn't changing a thing, don't you think that the government might rely on the dedicated few who turn to 'peaceful' means, so they can get away with murder? The entire protest movement is scared into subordination, fearing being classed a terrorists, such as the animal rights activists, who, incidentaly, made some amazing discoveries about taking on the corperations, and thus, were attacked from all sides, like anyone who makes progress against the system.

I'm in favour of general peace between the people, of course I am, but without the option of a reprisal, what have we got? Words? They don't beat tear gas and rubber bullets.

I'm not suggesting that everyone runs outside and kicks a traffic warden... sorry, a 'civil enforcement official' in the balls, but we should be using what little time we have left to combine resources, and plan for the enevitable. It's foolish not to even consider that, even for a second.

knightrose
Jul 16 2006 18:11

Phoenix, I'm involved in three issues at the moment. Workplace struggles - which means agitation and striking. Fighting ID - which means encouraging people to refuse to register. Thirdly supporting a couple of asylum seekers - which is pretty mundane stuff.

I'm not a pacifist, neither am I a mindless activist, jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon. The real struggle is where we work and where we live. The rest is fluff.

phoenixd7
Jul 16 2006 18:40

Knightrose, i'm going to write what I feel in my heart, without the logic that I usually attempt to employ.

here goes.

The government needs to be punished for their attrocities, and society can't live in a world like this for much longer. My aims at the moment is to grab as much public attention as I possibly can in my own small corner of the world and tell the scumfu**s in charge exactly what I think of them. I'm not going to repeat myself as much as I enjoy churning out heartfelt speeches, but Guevara, Mahkno, what did they fight for?

enelpozo
Jul 16 2006 22:28
phoenixd7 wrote:
Mediocre ways of rebellion? Enelpozo, you know in your heart that we all could be doing a whole lot more to acheive not only our goals, (speaking broadly as anarchists), but fighting for the people.

Personally, if more people turned up with molotovs and baseball bats to a rally, I know that the cause would grab the attention of the public eye.

We could be doing a lot more, you're right, but don't forget that the time people have to spend on pushing for a libertarian communist society is limited: we have jobs, families, social lives, hobbies and only 24 hours in a day. And doing a lot more of what? Turning up to demonstrations with baseball bats and molotovs? I don't think so. This may be of use in some situations, but not many.

Social revolutions are not made by a minority of people taking action on behalf of everyone else (as I think you're suggesting it). We are not "fighting for the people", as you put it. For one, we are the people, and we'll fight with, not for, everyone else. It is our task to help fellow members of our class realise the situation we find ourselves in, whilst encouraging collective action within our class. This is how we will make the anarchist revolution. Are these ideas we hold in common?

And again on violence on demonstrations, you'll remember the Canival Against Capitalism (J18, '99), the 2000 Mayday riots, the big riots at the WTO and IMF meetings around the same time? Whether intentionally or not from our part, they all were widely reported in the capitalist media for their heavy violence from the anti-capitalists. Indeed, this is the only thing that was reported. Only a few years down the line, where has this got us? Has our movement expanded beyond all belief because of the publicity?

Battlescarred
Jul 17 2006 09:21

"Guevara, Mahkno, what did they fight for?"

In Guevara's case for a form of state capitalism that had nothing to do with workers' interests!

phoenixd7
Jul 17 2006 13:54

Okay Enelpozo, I hear what you're saying, and I was going to write that I have commitments as well, and then bit my lip, because I am doing everything within my power to fight for the cause, and my friends, family, they understand that. I appriciate that painting model areoplanes for a hobby can be fun, and take up a lot of your time, but look at the bigger picture man, don't you think that action is the only remedy to this heavy feeling in our souls?

And Guevara was a great man, he died fighting for his beleifs, can you claim that? Good point about Ernesto, those t-shirts? They don't go to Havana or his daughter, the US piggies pocket the profit for those.

(guevara day is on the 15th of june, by the way.