Question referring to a local group

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scrambler's picture
Scrambler
Nov 24 2012 22:38
Question referring to a local group

I've done a little poking around but have had no luck in finding a group of Anarchists in the London area, even though I may still be fairly young(17) I still wan't to be actively involved, I have searched around, and have sent emails and tried to make contact with a possible group but have had no luck. Would anyone be willing to help me in finding one?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Nov 24 2012 22:48

In London there is the London Anarchist Federation, there is also North London Solidarity Federation and South London Solidarity Federation, as well as numerous other more local groups. These groups all meet regularly.

So if you contact any of them they will get back to you!

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Nov 25 2012 01:07

Yeah, you've got choices, my friend!

I'm partial to SolFed:

Quote:
London has two Solidarity Federation locals, North London and South London.
North London
email: northlondonsf@solfed.org.uk
mobile: 07811017091

But there's also the Anarchist Federation, ALARM, Haringey Solidarity Group, the IWW (not anarchist, but of a libertarian bent).

What sort of activities are you hoping to be involved in?

What groups have you tried contacting?

jolasmo
Nov 25 2012 02:11

Hey Scrambler,

An up to date list of AF groups and contacts can be found here:

http://www.afed.org.uk/organisation/contact.html

If you're interested in joining you can email join@afed.org.uk or contact your local group directly (in your case london@afed.org.uk).

Sent you a PM anyways.

~J.

cantdocartwheels's picture
cantdocartwheels
Nov 30 2012 08:52
Scrambler wrote:
I've done a little poking around but have had no luck in finding a group of Anarchists in the London area, even though I may still be fairly young(17) I still wan't to be actively involved, I have searched around, and have sent emails and tried to make contact with a possible group but have had no luck. Would anyone be willing to help me in finding one?

Well a look at your profile and since your living that way theres also radical islington http://islingtoninciter.blogspot.co.uk/

Also there'll ptobably be some anti-workfare demos that way on the weekend of the 8th that might be worth coming along to if your not working etc You'd probably meet a broad range of anarchos there.