Resistance Bulletin March 2009 online

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Django's picture
Django
Mar 1 2009 20:19
Resistance Bulletin March 2009 online

The Anarchist Federation is pleased to announce the release of the revamped Resistance freesheet for March 2009.

We've overhauled the design, and moved to an 8-page paper, with a two-colour front and back page. It will remain a free agitational bulletin for general distribution, but now with the space for an analysis of topical events.

A reading PDF is available here.

Contents include:

*Jobs massacre as the recession bites
*Terrorism amendment on photography
*Public sector pay
*Sex work
*Ongoing university occupations
*Oil and energy workers wildcats

Deezer
Mar 1 2009 20:36

Layout looks pretty good despite the pink (or is it because of it?). Will have a proper read of this later.

Django's picture
Django
Mar 1 2009 20:40

Magenta wink

sum-one's picture
sum-one
Mar 1 2009 20:45

Yes, the Magenta is very snazzy! Looking very good indeed, will be proud to distro this one.
cool red n black star

jonathan cottam
Mar 2 2009 07:23

In the last two years the Anarchist Federation has doubled in size, already comparable to the biggest groups in the 80's at the same time they have upped the workrate so much they have gone from a four page monthly a4 bulletin to a eight page one .utterly astounding! In one sense or another.

Django's picture
Django
Mar 2 2009 11:19
jonathan cottam wrote:
In the last two years the Anarchist Federation has doubled in size, already comparable to the biggest groups in the 80's at the same time they have upped the workrate so much they have gone from a four page monthly a4 bulletin to a eight page one .utterly astounding! In one sense or another.

I'd actually like for us to have a larger paper, but not at the expense of being free and not to step on Freedom's toes. Our press does need to improve, and it is doing, but we need to consolidate changes before we make more ambitious moves. We're not interested in duplicating what Freedom are doing, or putting together a party paper we won't sell. We've got some big stuff on the horizon so we can't spread ourselves too thin. But claiming our work just goes into putting out a freesheet is plain trolling. We're hardly a mass movement, and we can be much better (the amount of work the Commune manage to do with so few people should be setting the benchmark), but we're up to a lot more than that.

For anyone interested in the AFs press, we should be releasing three new, original pamphlets shortly after April too.

Edited out some sarky comments

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Mar 2 2009 10:42

what topics are the pamphlets on django?

madashell's picture
madashell
Mar 2 2009 11:11
oisleep wrote:

I can only think of two, an intro to anarchist communism and our workplace strategy pamphlet. Though we're also discussing putting together a pamphlet on community struggles, similar to the workplace one.

Django's picture
Django
Mar 2 2009 11:17
Oisleep wrote:

-an introduction to anarchist communism
-a workplace strategy pamphlet (similar to what Brighton Solfed put together)
-a pamphlet on nationalism and national liberation struggles

We are also discussing putting together either one or two pamphlets on 'community'/non-workplace struggles, as Madashell said.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Mar 2 2009 21:50

Definite improvement in design there - not sure about that giant indent you've got going on though and my god those dividers are thicker than the goop from a crusty's dreads.

jonathan cottam
Mar 2 2009 23:39

I'm glad your doing the community pamphlet, since it was my idea. But what is purpose of these pamphlets? You can't set in stone strategies that are decided upon by events and the people whose struggles your'e involved in. Its like the 2/3 rule, you want AF theory to be static and set in stone, you don't want to develope and relate your theoretical growth in relation to real people and their experience, you want a doctrine, it's pure leftism honestly, and I'm not trolling, this is what I think, it's one of the reasons I left, ofcourse some people didn't have that option did they? But I'm not going into that on libcom, we show solidarity in struggle, i am interseted in debating where your'e going with the AF and why so we can learn and improve through discussion.

Caiman del Barrio
Mar 3 2009 00:29

Never thought I'd say it, but the pink really works on this. Haven't read most of it yet, probably have a word about the uni occupations. From what I saw, it wasn't all "grassroots"...

madashell's picture
madashell
Mar 3 2009 00:30
jonathan cottam wrote:
I'm glad your doing the community pamphlet, since it was my idea. But what is purpose of these pamphlets? You can't set in stone strategies that are decided upon by events and the people whose struggles your'e involved in. Its like the 2/3 rule, you want AF theory to be static and set in stone, you don't want to develope and relate your theoretical growth in relation to real people and their experience, you want a doctrine, it's pure leftism honestly, and I'm not trolling, this is what I think, it's one of the reasons I left, ofcourse some people didn't have that option did they? But I'm not going into that on libcom, we show solidarity in struggle, i am interseted in debating where your'e going with the AF and why so we can learn and improve through discussion.

This would probably be better off with it's own thread, I'll start one in this forum and post a link.

madashell's picture
madashell
Mar 3 2009 00:33

New thread

Ex-temp
Mar 3 2009 12:00

Looks really good!

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Mar 3 2009 13:03

Not read all of it but it seems pretty good. The flyer in there for the cultures of reistance looks nice but isn't very easy to read though.