Putting the record straight

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry O'Hara
Offline
Joined: 18-05-05
Jan 30 2007 15:44

I thought the name Atkinson rang a bell--as I recall, he began to actually write for 'United' while you worked there, and as recently as 2004 was still doing so. See this link for example, where he appears to be representing both organisations equally:

link

So, we have you

a) acting as a bridge between United & Searchlight
b) praising Searchlight in a 1992 book
c) writing an article that appears in Searchlight
d) passing "tip-off" to Searchlight
e) binning a letter from me adsvising you have no dealings with Searchlight
f) acting in a way contrary to Black Flag's history of/dealings with Searchlight

and finally

g) becoming not only friendly personally with Atkinson, but actually getting this creature to contribute to United, something that continued until quite recently. As illustrated (for example) by that link.

How interesting that in the reams of self-defence you put forward, you have never admitted actively bringing Atkinson into United's orbit, as you patently did: in my files currently in storage (they may not be on the internet) I have articles by United from Atkinson/plugs for Searchlight. Before you worked for United, I don't recall Searchlight being plugged by them at all (my archives would show this).

How, exactly, is this 'caution' in dealing with Searchlight? It is not at all. And (unlike your account concerning Reflex) this cannot be blamed on pressure from others to do so. And there is no doubting Atkinson (still) works for Searchlight. No doubt, after I have raised it here you will proceed to offer some plausible-sounding explanation for inflicting Searchlight upon Europe-wide anti-fascists.

lbernstein
Offline
Joined: 17-01-07
Jan 30 2007 16:14
LARRY O'HARA wrote:
I thought the name Atkinson rang a bell--as I recall, he began to actually write for 'United' while you worked there, and as recently as 2004 was still doing so. See this link for example, where he appears to be representing both organisations equally:

link

So, we have you

a) acting as a bridge between United & Searchlight
b) praising Searchlight in a 1992 book
c) writing an article that appears in Searchlight
d) passing "tip-off" to Searchlight
e) binning a letter from me adsvising you have no dealings with Searchlight
f) acting in a way contrary to Black Flag's history of/dealings with Searchlight

and finally

g) becoming not only friendly personally with Atkinson, but actually getting this creature to contribute to United, something that continued until quite recently. As illustrated (for example) by that link.

How interesting that in the reams of self-defence you put forward, you have never admitted actively bringing Atkinson into United's orbit, as you patently did: in my files currently in storage (they may not be on the internet) I have articles by United from Atkinson/plugs for Searchlight. Before you worked for United, I don't recall Searchlight being plugged by them at all (my archives would show this).

How, exactly, is this 'caution' in dealing with Searchlight? It is not at all. And (unlike your account concerning Reflex) this cannot be blamed on pressure from others to do so. And there is no doubting Atkinson (still) works for Searchlight. No doubt, after I have raised it here you will proceed to offer some plausible-sounding explanation for inflicting Searchlight upon Europe-wide anti-fascists.

I've not had any contact with Graeme Atkinson since I left United and I certainly did not put him in contact with United when I worked for the latter. Searchlight were in contact with United before I was!

My very first contact with United was around 1993/1994 when they rang Reflexes and asked me to do a workshop at their first European conference, which I agreed. When I arrived at the conference, which was held in Cologne, I discovered Searchlight had sent someone too (not Graeme). And that was absolutely nothing to do with me. As I understand it, United had rung around a large number of prominent anti-racism and anti-fascism organisations all over Europe to find speakers and workshop leaders. They had asked Searchlight to participate before contacting Reflexes, which I didn't even know until I arrived in Germany. So don't blame me for doing what United themselves chose to do.

lbernstein
Offline
Joined: 17-01-07
Jan 30 2007 16:21

PS - you've still not answered my questions.

Where is your evidence?

Why are you being so evasive on that score?

Larry O'Hara
Offline
Joined: 18-05-05
Jan 30 2007 16:44
lbernstein wrote:
PS - you've still not answered my questions.

Where is your evidence?

Why are you being so evasive on that score?

you have still not properly answered my questions,

and much less have you proferred credible evidence.

And I understand perfectly why you are being so evasive.

You calculate by just repeating the mantra above, aided by trolls, you will get away with avoiding the truth. You won't, even if you appear to.

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Offline
Joined: 21-05-04
Jan 30 2007 16:47

Motherfucker.

Is that all the evidence you have Larry? If i was you i would be glad if lbernstein doesnt stab you in the eye because that is exactly what i would do if someone would write shit about me based on such circumstantial and flaky evidence.

Larry O'Hara
Offline
Joined: 18-05-05
Jan 30 2007 16:57
JDMF wrote:
Motherfucker.

Is that all the evidence you have Larry? If i was you i would be glad if lbernstein doesnt stab you in the eye because that is exactly what i would do if someone would write shit about me based on such circumstantial and flaky evidence.

speak of trolls, and on cue one turns up, inciting violence. How tediously predictable. In my original article I

a) quoted Albert meltzer

b) raised questions--none satisfactorily answered here.

I see no reason to change anything I wrote: but no doubt those affected (in a broad sense) will be gratified by the kind of remarks you have uttered.

lbernstein
Offline
Joined: 17-01-07
Jan 30 2007 17:00

The fact is, JDMF, he doesn't have any evidence. If he did, he would have produced it in his book in 1996. It's all conjecture, based (as someone else suggested) on gaps in the knowledge and circumstantial evidence. He has not provided one shred of concrete proof that I am:

a) a state agent or asset

b) Gable's lackey

c) involved in Leo's death.

And he apparently won't produce any evidence until I do! Which I can't because a), b) and c) are untrue.

I've admitted my mistakes, such as using a dodgy Searchlight pamplet in my research. O'Hara is not big enough to admit that he has made a mistake in his own research.

Larry O'Hara
Offline
Joined: 18-05-05
Jan 30 2007 17:05

I do not admit a mistake, because there isn't one--I raised questions, not adequately answered

regarding Leo's death, I merely quoted Meltzer: sadly not available for clarification

LBs extensive dealings with Searchlight have been reiterated, and amplified, on this thread.

In the absence of anything fresh, rather than disinformational fog/personal abuse being added here, I do not intend to respond further. Pointless.

gav's picture
gav
Offline
Joined: 22-09-03
Jan 30 2007 17:19
revol68 wrote:
I'm seriously glad Larry has shown up on this thread, now everyone can see what a mad old crank he is.

Ain't that the truth. Just for the record Larry, I donated an evening of my free time to do security for the public meeting between you and David Shayler last year. If I had realised then what a dishonest cunt you are, I wouldn't have bothered.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Jan 30 2007 17:28
gav wrote:
revol68 wrote:
I'm seriously glad Larry has shown up on this thread, now everyone can see what a mad old crank he is.

Ain't that the truth. Just for the record Larry, I donated an evening of my free time to do security for the public meeting between you and David Shayler last year. If I had realised then what a dishonest cunt you are, I wouldn't have bothered.

Yeah I'm pretty shocked too, given the esteem he is held in by some people.

LARRY O'HARA wrote:
So, we have you

a) acting as a bridge between United & Searchlight
b) praising Searchlight in a 1992 book
c) writing an article that appears in Searchlight
d) passing "tip-off" to Searchlight
e) binning a letter from me adsvising you have no dealings with Searchlight
f) acting in a way contrary to Black Flag's history of/dealings with Searchlight

and finally

g) becoming not only friendly personally with Atkinson, but actually getting this creature to contribute to United, something that continued until quite recently. As illustrated (for example) by that link.

OMG!11! Somebody shoot her!

The thing is, ridiculously flimsy as all those claims are, they're not even all true. And most that are true are totally irrelevant.

Either way you have not produced one shred of evidence of the fucking serious things you insinuate about her in your pamphlet - namely that she was a state asset, and played a role in her partner's death.

But seriously, as I asked before, do you think if she was some super secret agent she'd be trying to clear her name on the internet nearly 20 years later?

lbernstein
Offline
Joined: 17-01-07
Jan 30 2007 23:30

Disclaimer: what follows has been written after two bottles of wine and a dinner with three Dutch lawyers so excuse any typos etc.

Larry says:

Quote:
you have never admitted actively bringing Atkinson into United's orbit, as you patently did (my bold

Making it up as you go along, as usual... I've already said United contacted Searchlight of their own volition, before they even contacted me, but hey, to paraphrase that old cliche - don't let the facts get in the way of a good smear campaign! I patently did nothing there.

Apparently I was a "key" member of Black Flag. If only that were true! Ha! Key mail collecter possibly but not on any other score.

Toeing the party line: let's examine this more closely. At Black Flag, in Larry's world, I'm supposed to toe the party line - so much for independent views... Was I supposed to agree with everything that Leo or Albert thought? Hey, why not keep me barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen in that case? But wait, I'm also supposed to be toeing the Searchlight official party line! Which doesn't quite explain why Gable avoided me at the one meeting I attended.

Thank god I was only in Brixton or Paris - if I'd been in Russia I'd have been packed off to a Siberian gulag I expect for not obeying the official line of either BF or Searchlight. But again, in Larry's world I'm not entitled to have my own views.

I ask once more - where is the evidence to back up O'Hara's claims? If he has it, why not put in the public domain and let people draw their own conclusions? You'd think that after 10/11 years, he would be able to cite at least one documented source...

It all boils down to credible journalism. I'm a trained journalist myself - I've studied media law. Rule no. 1 is back up your claims. Because if it ever should go to court, you need proof so you better be damn sure you have it. Without citable sources, you're stuffed. Even the hacks at The Sun know that much.

I and others have challenged O'Hara to produce credible evidence. He hasn't. Make of that what you will. Without that evidence, why should anyone take him seriously? This all reminds me of Jade Goody on Celebrity Big Brother. Max Clifford said "the show that made her will be the show that breaks her". I suspect that SFB will be not only the book that made O'Hara but also the one that breaks him, simply because of one page that he has yet to provide credible sources for...

lbernstein
Offline
Joined: 17-01-07
Jan 30 2007 23:41

I'll tell you something else too - if both Leo and Meltzer were still around, they'd both be binning letters from O'Hara too - I knew Leo well enough certainly to be 110% sure of that. And I knew Meltzer well enough to know what he'd think of undocumented claims. They both had a pretty low threshold when it came to loony letters, of which we had a high amount when I was on the BF collective.

JeezSheff
Offline
Joined: 19-02-07
Feb 19 2007 13:00

Hello Louise
I bet you are so glad that you tried to put the record straight. Isn't it a shame that you can't just say well actually you were wrong.
Try to take it like a compliment, at least they slag you off, Paul stayed on my settee a few times and I knew Malcolm from Donc (both good people) and I never get slagged off.
I was very involved in the 1980's and 1990's. Met some great people in the early days, but I am glad I am no longer involved. In the 1990's it just seemed to be try to do something and get slagged off by someone wanting to make a name for themselves, such a shame.
Don't take it to heart, there are some sad people about thats all.

lbernstein
Offline
Joined: 17-01-07
Feb 19 2007 21:05

Cheers, JeezSheff.

Don't I know you already? I'm sure I do!

Jason Cortez
Offline
Joined: 14-11-04
Feb 21 2007 13:56

Larry your technique for analysis, far too frenquently relies on guilt by association, and speculation from that basis. It is clear that LBernstein will never be able to answer your questions to your satisfaction and equally clear that your allegations lack any creedence. I don't think your intention was to smear her name, but your style of speculation could have only that end result. Quite simply you have done yourself no favours here.

Larry O'Hara had a working relationship with Green Anarchist, a publication which published an article praising a Japanese religious cults gas attack on the underground as an herald of the collaspe of the mega-machine and it's rationalist discourse. so Larry is clearly......

It's so easy to do, if you really want to and have the time and the inclination. Larry and associates have produced interesting and thoughtful articles, but have definate tendency to see conspiracy in every muddy puddle.

Jason Cortez
Offline
Joined: 14-11-04
Feb 21 2007 14:58

his 'independent researcher' to forgot to add with "no political alliance" despite his Green Party membership.

petey
Offline
Joined: 13-10-05
Feb 21 2007 15:15
Jason Cortez wrote:
Green Anarchist, a publication which published an article praising a Japanese religious cults gas attack on the underground as an herald of the collaspe of the mega-machine and it's rationalist discourse.

holy fucking shit

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Offline
Joined: 8-11-05
Feb 21 2007 15:19
newyawka wrote:
Jason Cortez wrote:
Green Anarchist, a publication which published an article praising a Japanese religious cults gas attack on the underground as an herald of the collaspe of the mega-machine and it's rationalist discourse.

holy fucking shit

ha ha yeah grin

Fucking civilisation angry

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Offline
Joined: 8-11-05
Feb 21 2007 17:03
revol68 wrote:
oh and Larry O'Hara is an Everton supporter, a club that employed the infamous Duncan Disorderly from Rangers for many years, which is a club followed by Ulster and Scottish Loyalists which have been offered support by English fascists, ergo Larry O'Hara has some serious questions to answer regarding his fascist links.

i've sent him a letter; its up to him to reply now.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jun 29 2010 14:14

This has to be bumped. What a discussion.

Nate's picture
Nate
Offline
Joined: 16-12-05
Sep 15 2010 03:50

I just found this thread. I notice Mr. O'Hara's failure to reply to these serious allegations.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Sep 15 2010 17:01

...