Stockwell Man Innocent

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mike Harman
Offline
Joined: 7-02-06
Jul 23 2005 16:28
Stockwell Man Innocent

breaking now. This just posted on Urban.

We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell Underground station by police on Friday 22nd July 2005, although he is still subject to formal identification.

We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.

For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets.

The man emerged from a block of flats in the Stockwell area that were under police surveillance as part of the investigation into the incidents on Thursday 21st July.

He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behaviour added to their suspicions.

The circumstances that led to the man's death are being investigated by officers from the MPS Directorate of Professional Standards, and will be referred to the IPCC in due course.

Anyone who may have been in or around Stockwell tube station at approximately 10:00, 22/7 and may have heard or seen anything is asked to contact police on 020 8785 8632/8646 or 8639.

Press Bureau

New Scotland Yard

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 23 2005 16:51

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm

Blacklisted
Offline
Joined: 24-03-06
Jul 23 2005 17:24

This is fucking insane! Somehow I thought this was the case but as you say above, didnt really think theyd be so fucking stupid. Its really frustrating too, cos it seems as if people are treating this like its fuckin normal - even if he was linked to shit its still a little excessive yknow?! Shoot to kill policy is working out for em ok it seems - I feel like we should be doing something about this but what exactly is lost on me...

angry confused

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 23 2005 17:27

Take the guns off the fuckers. angry

phoebe
Offline
Joined: 20-09-03
Jul 23 2005 17:36

Popping back to this board to get away from nutters who think that the police were probably acting for everyone's good even in this case and that giving them the power to hold people on the floor and execute them at will as long as they think the person *might* be a terrorist is ok.

Fucking hell though. Someone I know said they heard on the news somewhere that the police knew at the time that he wasn't carrying a bomb. Anyone know where I can find this story or has that one been hushed up (I don't have much reason to distrust the person who said it, they're a rabid tory and it'd be really unusual for them to lie about something like that)?

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 23 2005 17:36
Jack wrote:
Is it too soon to make sick jokes about Refused being fucked?

black bloc

grin

Mystic
Offline
Joined: 14-01-04
Jul 23 2005 17:58

Well I feel like an idiot now for assuming the police might have known what they were doing for once. What a fucking tragedy.

phoebe
Offline
Joined: 20-09-03
Jul 23 2005 17:59

So we're agreed that cops shooting people is bad, right?

kalabine
Offline
Joined: 27-03-04
Jul 23 2005 19:06

if you give monkeys guns they will kill people, simple as...

Lazlo_Woodbine
Offline
Joined: 26-09-03
Jul 23 2005 20:13

Fucking hell.

Fucking hell.

Hopefully the backlash will be massive and mighty. angry

BTW -- this is one of the times I appreciate libcom, because right now I'm not going near Urban75 unless I want to read through 1145 pages of people bickering about pointless stuff. Sometimes a focumes site cuts all that crap out circle A

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 23 2005 22:21

I drew a pig.

sad

Mike Harman
Offline
Joined: 7-02-06
Jul 23 2005 22:29
Jack wrote:
Red Ken wrote:
The police acted to do what they believed necessary to protect the lives of the public.

This tragedy has added another victim to the toll of deaths for which the terrorists bear responsibility.

ffs!

Could've been doing a Workers' Power style Blair/Brown allusion...

probably not though.

thaw
Offline
Joined: 3-03-05
Jul 24 2005 00:18

27 Year old Brazilian. Brown skin I expect, people.

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 24 2005 00:19

He was an electrician...explains the belt.

thaw
Offline
Joined: 3-03-05
Jul 24 2005 00:44

Hmm, so where do we go from here? Surely some questions arising from Blair's new 'anti-terror' laws? my friends.

Big questions and propaganda value. They are shooting at Will because they are embarassed (the Met) and Will is innocent.

xxx

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Jul 24 2005 00:54
thaw wrote:
They are shooting at Will because they are embarassed (the Met) and Will is innocent.

xxx

eek

thaw
Offline
Joined: 3-03-05
Jul 24 2005 01:10

Aye, poor Will.

Seumus
Offline
Joined: 23-04-05
Jul 25 2005 07:29

How innocent was he this Brazilian chap? In the first radio reports on the day of the killing, the police claimed he was wearing a,"base ball cap" and a'thick coat". That should teach you denizens of the great wen something, even if it is only that it's safer to wear decent flat caps.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Jul 27 2005 19:00

Yeah shit I assumed the cops knew what they were doing.

That Crispin twat - the BBC's "intelligence expert" pissed me off tho when the first thing he said was (puts plums in mouth): "The first thing to bear in mind is that the police never shoot anybody without a jolly good reason". Cock roll eyes

thaw
Offline
Joined: 3-03-05
Jul 27 2005 22:14

Also, the Paul Wilkinson guy, supposed 'terrorism' expert. God help us, I know more than he does.

(Assume John. is writing ironically btw)

ffaker
Offline
Joined: 7-10-03
Jul 28 2005 11:30
John. wrote:
That Crispin twat - the BBC's "intelligence expert" pissed me off tho when the first thing he said was (puts plums in mouth): "The first thing to bear in mind is that the police never shoot anybody without a jolly good reason". Cock roll eyes

eek Good god did he actually say "jolly good reason"?!

Amazing.

I hate those BBC terrorism "experts" and the like. Morons.

Mike Harman
Offline
Joined: 7-02-06
Jul 28 2005 15:52

Someone sent me this, dunno if it's genuine or a mock up:

[/img]

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 28 2005 15:57

Clearly Photoshopped.

Big Brother
Offline
Joined: 17-01-05
Jul 28 2005 17:02

According to IMC the image came from Notting Hil LU Station. I must make a mental note of staying away from the Notting Hill Carnival. That must be coming up soon.

thaw
Offline
Joined: 3-03-05
Jul 28 2005 22:03

Class, I need to send that to my London friends (if only I knew how)

Mike Harman
Offline
Joined: 7-02-06
Jul 28 2005 22:11

right click the image and save it to your computer. then attach it to an e-mail.

Or just right click, copy the image location, and paste it as a link into an e-mail.

thaw
Offline
Joined: 3-03-05
Jul 28 2005 22:19

That worked. Thanks