Ban Lazy Riser, or me.

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
lem
Sep 13 2007 07:12
Ban Lazy Riser, or me.

i don't really care which. but if the admins could decide whether constant reference to me having been delusional etc.,
and coupling the terms schizo and loser/cripple/etc.,
is OK.

if you decide to ban me i may come back in a few months under a different name but am no longer happy it being known that i have had health difficulties neutral

fwiw i don't think lazy riser adds anything it's all variations onf angsty hatred toward "cripples" or "do-gooders".

i'm going to log out and will check back later like.

lem

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 13 2007 08:13

right, i've just spent the best part of an hour deleting 5 pages of crap between you two over several threads. Lazy, stop schizo-baiting, lem, stop responding to it with 3 posts to every one. you're both on minimum 24 hour bans to cool off.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Sep 13 2007 18:30

Cool off ban sounds a good idea!!

As people i like both lem and Lazy but if we could only have one... (libcom's Sophie's Choice... wink ) i would choose to keep lem. I actually find him easier to understand than Lazy who prolly has some useful things to say but trolls so much it is hard for anyone to debate with him in any meaningful way and unwary newish posters can waste hours going round in circles with him.

Also revol i like you a lot and have no probs with what you have said on this thread or any others for ages... (your standards are slipping! wink ) but felt some of your comments to lem t'other day on that now-locked thread were cruel. You are an intelligent man - it was unnecessary.

Love

LW XX

PS If it wasn't potentially cruel which i have just said i don't like tongue a libcommunity poster thread giving other choices might be fun.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Sep 13 2007 18:50
guydebordisdead wrote:
Ban revol!

cool

sad

wink

S'funny y'know GDID cos i was just thinking if revol were one of the banning options who would be a suitable choice for his opponent - i am thinking, like, you! tongue

You or revol,, seriously that would be close... don't know which way i'd go.. he is cleverer, you are prettier .wink . ooh don't make me choose!!!! wink

Love

LW XX

MJ's picture
MJ
Sep 13 2007 18:56

I'd like to lobby for the term of cooling to be extended to 72 hours (even though I don't mind either of their posting)

Caiman del Barrio
Sep 13 2007 19:00

Revol you cunt, did you read the threads in question? LR literally spent 4 pages baiting Lem. I'm sick of the atmosphere on this forum where it's considered clever to say nasty shit to people and then laugh when they get upset. I mean dissing my music taste in Libcommunity is one thing but making fun of someone's schizophrenia in Thought? Am I the only person who can see how blatantly fucked up that is?

Caiman del Barrio
Sep 13 2007 19:26

I honestly can't believe you haven't permanently banned LR, seeing as how all he does is troll and his latest trick seems to be anti-schizophrenic bigotry. If someone said that shit to a known schizophrenic in a pub (cos apparently that's an appropriate comparison for the often ugly atmosphere on here), there's a fairly high chance he'd get smacked. And the punch would be met with applause.

More directly though, admin should realise the disruptive role LR plays on here, which is far greater than the oft-maligned Lem. I mean, if you can't see how fucked up it is to allow his conduct within the clearly defined remit of this webspace, perhaps you should just be utilitarian and realise how much better this place would be without him.

rebelworker
Sep 13 2007 19:59

I would say ban LR, they have said stupid and insluting shit before and making fun of mental health issues is asking for n ass kicking in my world...

libcom's picture
libcom
Sep 24 2007 09:11

We've discussed this internally (in some depth, hence why it took so long) and decided to let them both back - by the skins of their teeth - with a final warning. So please keep any off-topic discussion (and abuse) to libcommunity as we're going to be pretty intolerant of multi-thread, multi-posting derailments.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Sep 24 2007 10:12

Hmmmm, I feel honestly that the quality of the forums have gone up a lot while they were banned. I have nothing against either poster personally, but it's been nice to not have to wade through Lazy's contrarian bs and the voices in Lem's head. Admins, please be brutal when it comes to derailing posts...

lem
Sep 24 2007 17:26

right thanks for that that's grand

Quote:
I feel honestly that the quality of the forums have gone up a lot while they were banned.

a bit arbitrary for a scientist!

what about multiple edits are they ok admins?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Sep 25 2007 00:57
lem wrote:
right thanks for that that's grand
Quote:
I feel honestly that the quality of the forums have gone up a lot while they were banned.

a bit arbitrary for a scientist!

what about multiple edits are they ok admins?

maybe not objective, but not arbitrary either.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Sep 25 2007 10:22

Hey Lem, I am not trying to be a dick or anything but IMHO the forums have been of better quality. Don't understand you comment about being a scientists coz my statements was clearly very subjective.

In any case Lem, you can easily just stop posting conversations with yourself and just spend a bit more time on your post before submitting it. Easy...

lem
Sep 25 2007 11:20

ok whatever you say.