A couple of points

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nemo's picture
Nemo
Aug 29 2006 11:35
A couple of points

Just a couple of minor points -- don't know if they've been mentioned before.

While the library looks like it's working fine (at least as far as viewing is concerned), the PDF files appear to be missing.

The Popular Content page should probably not contain certain items if at all possible. Apparently the most popular page on libcom at the moment is this one: http://libcom.org/404 Which probably wouldn't make a good impression on the judges at the Annual Anarchist Website Design Awards! wink If it existed.

Also, should the "moderate content" thing be there for everyone? Does this mean anyone can moderate? Or does it not work even though listed? Or did someone (possibly whilst drunk) foolishly make me a moderator!? It won't let me access the "more help" page to find out answers to these questions.

Nemo's picture
Nemo
Aug 29 2006 11:37

Also, it wouldn't let me edit the above post.

EDIT: But it would let me edit this one.

libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 29 2006 17:11
Nemo wrote:
Just a couple of minor points -- don't know if they've been mentioned before.

While the library looks like it's working fine (at least as far as viewing is concerned), the PDF files appear to be missing.

The PDF files aren't actually missing, just the links to them are from the old system and need updating.

Quote:
The Popular Content page should probably not contain certain items if at all possible. Apparently the most popular page on libcom at the moment is this one: http://libcom.org/404 Which probably wouldn't make a good impression on the judges at the Annual Anarchist Website Design Awards! wink If it existed.

Good point, I've taken that off the menu.

Quote:
Also, should the "moderate content" thing be there for everyone? Does this mean anyone can moderate? Or does it not work even though listed? Or did someone (possibly whilst drunk) foolishly make me a moderator!?

I did, yes, I may or may not have been drunk.

You don't get a lot of power, but people who've contributed stuff to the site already (Winstanley if you've forgotten) are slowly being added to that group, and it means you can do some things without having to go through us at all. (if you've not been added yet and you'd like to contribute get in touch by the way).

Quote:
It won't let me access the "more help" page to find out answers to these questions.

Really? I'll have a look. It's only default help though anyway, we've not written much yet.

PS. check you pms.

libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 29 2006 17:24

yeah, for some reason if we give people the possibility to edit their forum topic, it also allows them to delete it.

So we took it away.

Eventually we'll work out an "edit but not delete" permission for forum topics, but we aren't there yet.

Nemo's picture
Nemo
Aug 29 2006 17:25
libcom wrote:
Quote:
Or did someone (possibly whilst drunk) foolishly make me a moderator!?

I did, yes, I may or may not have been drunk.

Thanks, just checking. I didn't want to play around with it to see what it did, just in case I upset anyone. I just hope that the power doesn't go to my head! grin

libcom wrote:
Quote:
It won't let me access the "more help" page to find out answers to these questions.

Really? I'll have a look. It's only default help though anyway, we've not written much yet.

It was this page: http://libcom.org/admin/help/content_moderator

Which says (for me at least):

Quote:
Access denied

You are not authorized to access this page.

Which I guess might be a permissions thing.

libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 29 2006 17:32
Nemo wrote:
Which I guess might be a permissions thing.

Er, probably yes. There won't be much there though anyway.

If you check your pms you'll find a special place to ask questions about stuff like that wink

Nemo's picture
Nemo
Aug 29 2006 17:38

Shhh! Don't tell everyone! We don't want the riffraff demanding entry. Vanguard party members only. wink

libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 29 2006 17:45

this thread will self-destruct...

petey
Aug 29 2006 19:24

i find it disorienting to see the initial post in a thread at the top of each page.

libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 29 2006 19:55

it's a bit odd, but a lot of people have said they like it since it reminds them what the thread was supposed to be about.

I'd like to have something which makes it more obvious it's the original post though.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Aug 30 2006 08:30
libcom wrote:
it's a bit odd, but a lot of people have said they like it since it reminds them what the thread was supposed to be about.

I'd like to have something which makes it more obvious it's the original post though.

if it displayed the thread title again in it it would make tagged threads work better in tag indexes...

petey
Aug 31 2006 15:18

it also seems that after i post a post, i'm taken back to the first page of the thread, not the one i posted to (when that's not the first one). is that correct?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Aug 31 2006 15:34
newyawka wrote:
it also seems that after i post a post, i'm taken back to the first page of the thread, not the one i posted to (when that's not the first one). is that correct?

yup, we're working on it

petey
Aug 31 2006 16:40

you da man