Insults at the forum

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
meerov21
Jan 11 2014 00:34
Insults at the forum

I wood like to know what about insults and hysterical behavior at the forum?

http://www.libcom.org/forums/news/wild-cat-strike-illigal-imigrants-isra...

AES's picture
AES
Jan 11 2014 01:41
meerov21 wrote:
Oh!... Are you threatening me... censorship?

meerov21
Jan 11 2014 00:56

AES:

Quote:
You are an ignoramous. The workers were so severely repressed in that dispute that they were unable to organise in any way for several years. IDIOT
...You moan about rudeness but treat everyone like shit.

I would like to talk to moderator or somebody. Is this stile adopted on the libcom?
A lot of dirt on the forum.

AES's picture
AES
Jan 11 2014 01:44

There's nothing really to apologise for (I removed the 'idiot' remark because it was too personalised), other than that I have concentrated on the debate, my other remarks are no worse than his slurs, lies, manipulation and sarcasm made earlier on that thread and others. meerov, you promote violence as some sort of a revolutionary principle that we are expected to adopt and with no regard for consequences of violent repression which this causes to workers in struggle and our ability to openly continue struggle.

meerov21
Jan 11 2014 01:51
AES wrote:
There's nothing really to apologise for (I removed the 'idiot' remark because it was too personalised), other than that I have concentrated on the debate, my other remarks are no worse than his slurs, lies, manipulation and sarcasm made earlier on that thread and others. .

....and sarcasm

We don't need no education
We dont need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teacher leave them kids alone

AES's picture
AES
Jan 11 2014 01:54

This discussion is done.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Jan 11 2014 11:33

Insults? For what it's worth, Meerov21, I thought AES was pretty restrained given the circumstances.

meerov21
Jan 11 2014 15:04
Serge Forward wrote:
Insults? For what it's worth, Meerov21, I thought AES was pretty restrained given the circumstances.

So if somebody say exactly to you that you are an ignoramous and fucking idiot who is talking rubbish is that ok? Is this normal style for this site? As for me i never thought about use of such a definitions at the libcom.

Shorty's picture
Shorty
Jan 11 2014 15:07

But what if you are talking rubbish? Make you think.

meerov21
Jan 11 2014 16:31
Shorty wrote:
But what if you are talking rubbish? Make you think.

What if you are fucking idiot? Just think. We are not at the casern.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jan 11 2014 17:32

Never mind about getting your knickers in a twist because of a few insults - this from Meerov's thread is what I find offensive:

Quote:
Do you mean that worker shot strikebreaker and this strikebreaker was killed? If yes the death of strikebreaker is a wonderful thing.

Bullshit. Violence, and even the snuffing out of a human life may be necessary, but it is never 'a wonderful thing'. Pitiful.

meerov21
Jan 11 2014 21:09
Quote:
Never mind about getting your knickers in a twist because of a few insults - this from Meerov's thread is what I find offensivegrino you mean that worker shot strikebreaker and this strikebreaker was killed? If yes the death of strikebreaker is a wonderful thing.

Oh...

But I've never ever thought that sentence "death of strikebreaker is a wonderful thing" can cause a storm of negative emotions and even the personal insultes at the revilutionary forum. How could I know that it's so painful so offensive for some sensitive lefts?

The measure of my repentance so great... But i just did not know with whome am i talking.

Shorty's picture
Shorty
Jan 11 2014 21:30

So you hate it when people get overly sensitive?

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jan 11 2014 22:24
Quote:
How could I know that it's so painful so offensive for some sensitive lefts?

What the fuck are you on about?!!! Not thinking violence and death is a wonderful thing has nothing whatsoever to do with being of the left or being sensitive. It is simple decency and humanity to think that there is nothing glorious about the death of another member of your own species. Holy shit, I don't usually get worked up on the forums but your casual dismissal of a fellow human being is just appalling. Try thinking about what it really means for someone to violently lose their life. It can never be a simple removal of a problem - there are families, friends and communities as well.
Well, fuck your wet dream about the glorious macho revolutionaries crushing the enemy with its purity of muscle and sweat. Get some combat computer games and wank off over them instead.

Tyrion's picture
Tyrion
Jan 11 2014 22:25

Apparently there's no end to the immature machismo from this armchair street brawler.

meerov21
Jan 12 2014 11:17
Shorty wrote:
So you hate it when people get overly sensitive?

Oh no! Not at all.
But don't you think something is strange here?
Don't you see what are this overly sensitive people saying?

Quote:

AES You are an ignoramous....IDIOT...
You moan about rudeness but treat everyone like shit.

Serge Forward: Insults? For what it's worth, Meerov21, I thought AES was pretty restrained given the circumstances.

Webby: What the fuck are you on about?!!!... Well, fuck your wet dream about the glorious macho revolutionaries crushing the enemy with its purity of muscle and sweat. Get some combat computer games and wank off over them instead.

Tyrion: Apparently there's no end to the immature machismo from this armchair street brawler.

Does all this looke like hate speech?
Isn't this behavior a form of machismo?
If I'm wrong, let them try to explain it to me politely, what is my wrongness without going to the individual.
Where is their political correctness?

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Jan 12 2014 01:27

factvalue
Jan 12 2014 20:05

Is that the US crack Drone Squad forming up?

AES's picture
AES
Jan 13 2014 01:48

Let's please avoid jokes and sarcasm on this thread and the other one connected to this discussion. (I know that is hard to do considering that meerov admits he is an "impulsive irresolute intellectual")

meerov/maggid, you have not answered my earlier question on the other thread -

What about racist and reactionary strikes?

Also, what about the violence of "popular uprisings" that turn into pogroms which were probably never "popular" violence anyway?

Or xenophobic violent attacks on immigrant workers and unwaged such as those which took place in South Africa a few years ago?

Your attempt to promote "propaganda by the deed" (not supported and recognised by the vast majority of anarchists since the 1890s) is to try make violence a principle and this attempt to attach violence to revolutionary struggle is counter-revolutionary.

Spikymike
Jan 13 2014 17:56

Violence against scabs in the course of workers struggles may be a necessary tactic in some circumstances and it's use may sometimes represent an awareness on the part of those exercising it an advance on the usual respect for the law and democracy as much as violence against those in authority be they police, security guards, union officials, self-appointed 'community' rep's etc, but more often than not where resort has to be made on any scale to such methods it is as likely to represent a failure to garner sufficient effective class conscious solidarity amongst those involved - though clearly mass struggles which actually threaten the continued viability of the state to function will inevitably involve the exercise of violence on a relatively mass scale. At least that's my best attempt at a short concise summary of my understanding of class violence and if you can pick holes in that it just shows how difficult it is not to be misunderstood.

I wasnt' going to add my pennyworth to this discussion but it seemed to me that perhaps some here (taking into account meerov21's last posts on the other thread) had misunderstood what meerov21 was arguing based on a certain bluntness and lack of nuance or adequate qualification in their English language expression, resulting in some less than polite comments which meerov21 has in turn overreacted to, but I could be wrong. Either way all parties should try to avoid unnecessary insults and sarcasm - textual or visual.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 13 2014 18:27

Firstly, apologies I have only just seen this thread (I am an administrator of libcom.org)

Secondly, AES shouldn't have insulted meerov by calling him an "ignoramus", however he did retract this and remove it from his post.

Meerov you have also been rude and dismissive of people in that thread, so you can't really claim to be innocent in all this. I would just recommend you both just drop it; you have both made your points and you aren't going to agree.

factvalue
Jan 13 2014 19:23

AES wrote:

Let's please avoid jokes and sarcasm on this thread and the other one connected to this discussion. (I know that is hard to do considering that meerov admits he is an "impulsive irresolute intellectual")

Sorry if I gave offence, I was just giving my interpretation of the image (that it is perfectly possible to be murderously macho with brutally effective direct consequences while sitting safely in front of a computer screen).

AES's picture
AES
Jan 13 2014 19:32

factvalue, there was no problem with your post, just a case of trying to avoid derailing the jist of the arguement where I earlier shared details of experience of several cases of extreme violence that I witnessed.

factvalue
Jan 13 2014 20:30

You showed real courage in your actions and it's brave of you to have shared them on here as well, it's always a gamble that meaningful and formative experiences will be disrespected on the web, even if unwittingly, when feelings run high.

Violence may not be a principle but there can surely be no doubt about its devastating effectiveness as a tactic, which is why it is so deliberately and determinedly employed by the enemies of the working class.