Issues with the new theme

173 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 29 2012 15:49

Thanks, that's probably the same problem with the tracker and we just need to apply the same fix

soc's picture
soc
Apr 29 2012 16:02

This is not stricktly about the new theme, so move the comment if there's a more specific topic for it. Could you hack the drupal and the forum/commenting system in a way that it could send the new content in email if the user request so? The best would be if you could set the email option to either text or html.

The reason for it that I mostly using the site via the tracker so I can follow every new entry to the site as they come. Organize the forum posts/comments as mailing lists, I can respond much easier from phone than going through the browser. It's more stable way of following the longer theoretical discussions then reading a web site. I can keep my own ideas more organized in a mailing list format sometimes. Linking the two, people could get the best of both worlds (it would also make trivial to send a private response to a public thread).

Kronstadt_Kid's picture
Kronstadt_Kid
May 1 2012 08:29

When I go to 'track' to see my old posts, it shifts to the right so it is covered by "ibcom.org is a resource for all people who wish to fight to improve their lives, their communities and their working conditions." and featured articles.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 1 2012 09:34

Yeah, are you using Firefox? If so this is a known issue. We hope to sort shortly

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 1 2012 09:42

Making some articles the lead doesn't appear to work. For example, I made the LA riots blog post lead yesterday and it didn't show up, and today the May Day new story isn't showing up as lead either: http://libcom.org/news/mayday-01052012

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
May 1 2012 10:22
Steven. wrote:
Making some articles the lead doesn't appear to work. For example, I made the LA riots blog post lead yesterday and it didn't show up, and today the May Day new story isn't showing up as lead either: http://libcom.org/news/mayday-01052012

Caching? edit: nope, but fixed. edit, gone again. is someone else trying to fix this at the same time, because it was there a minute ago!

petey
May 1 2012 14:40

my tracker page shows nothing.
EDIT: sorry, after i logged in it displayed content.

Kronstadt_Kid's picture
Kronstadt_Kid
May 1 2012 16:18
Steven. wrote:
Yeah, are you using Firefox? If so this is a known issue. We hope to sort shortly

Good, didn't see it mentioned else where.

I know this is probably not the place but I like the new 'featured thread' thing.

gypsy
May 1 2012 16:35

Good work tech team. Looks great.

flaneur's picture
flaneur
May 1 2012 17:15

Got a nice Guardian vibe, massive improvement from before.

petey
May 1 2012 17:30

went to my profile, can't edit anything, nothing shows up.
and, on the right-hand side of that page, things are on top of other things.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 1 2012 18:16
petey wrote:

are you using Firefox? If so, this is the same known issue which we hope to fix shortly

Croy's picture
Croy
May 1 2012 19:53

Why do I pick today/yesterday to go back to firefox, of all days tongue

petey
May 1 2012 20:24
Steven. wrote:
petey wrote:

are you using Firefox? If so, this is the same known issue which we hope to fix shortly

yes i am, thanks for that

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 1 2012 22:35

In the immediate term, using Google Chrome will sort the problem

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
May 2 2012 08:42

I'd suggest removing the green backgrounded libcom logo at the top of the right menu on the main page - it seems completely superfluous as it links to the page you're already on, and it also means that the actual right menu content is further down the page as a result.

Otherwise, I really like the new theme (especially the footer which is super-well organised)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 2 2012 08:53
Anarchia wrote:
I'd suggest removing the green backgrounded libcom logo at the top of the right menu on the main page - it seems completely superfluous as it links to the page you're already on, and it also means that the actual right menu content is further down the page as a result.

Otherwise, I really like the new theme (especially the footer which is super-well organised)

thanks for your comments, and yes don't worry that green box is on the "to remove" list

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
May 2 2012 16:08

Not sure if this has been flagged before but there's no notification of new PMs, unless you've just logged in or are on the messages sub-page. is it possible to get it like the previous version where in brackets it says #of new messages after the "messages" link?

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
May 2 2012 16:14
Khawaga wrote:
Not sure if this has been flagged before but there's no notification of new PMs, unless you've just logged in or are on the messages sub-page. is it possible to get it like the previous version where in brackets it says #of new messages after the "messages" link?

Yeah, this isn't strictly to do with the theme (I accidentally broke the brackets fixing something). It's on the list, hopefully ASAP.

radicalgraffiti
May 2 2012 16:59

the box with posted by share etc is below articles not to the right of them, i'm using firefox

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
May 3 2012 06:27

When I click on the '2 New' (etc) link to go straight to the new posts in a thread, it doesn't take me to the new one but instead to somewhere a few posts above the new one (exact amount isn't consistent). The 'New' marker on the new posts is correct though.

Using FF 12.0 if that matters.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
May 3 2012 14:19

Messages page is shifting the actual message box to the right, so it sits under the side rail. Latest Firefox, running on Mac.

Croy's picture
Croy
May 3 2012 17:31

Yeah Ive noticed the same problem as Anarchia

RedEd's picture
RedEd
May 4 2012 03:05

To me the banner change is not good. It's just a bunch of symbols for different currencies, right? The last one was about class struggle. Why the change from class struggle to currency?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
May 4 2012 07:22

Ed, we're designing a new header now, that one is just intermediate.

Rob, your issue is the known one with Firefox which we hope to fix soon.

Anarchia, that is also a known issue flagged in the original list on this thread.

Cheers everyone for your input!

bastarx
May 4 2012 08:34

The info in the tracker saying X posts Y new goes under the right hand column for when I click on something. Before then it looks fine. I'm using Internet Explorer 9.

radicalgraffiti
May 5 2012 13:15

its not really an issue with the new theme, but with long articles like this http://libcom.org/library/dispossessed-ursula-le-guin
that also include a pdf,wouldn't it be better if ther was link to the pdf near the top, where people will see it. i now this one says there is a pdf, but not all of them do, and its often easier to download and read something later.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
May 5 2012 14:00

we could probably make a block on similar principles to the 'key quote' one, which displays attachments in the node sidebar area (where 'more like this' is).

radicalgraffiti
May 5 2012 20:51

^that sounds good although currently that appers bellow the article too an firfox smile

i've also noticesd if you expand the text box to write a reply it doesn't move any of the other bits of he the page down so it end usp with the buttens and the test at the bottom of the page over the comment box.

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
May 5 2012 22:38

JK - That sounds like a really worthwhile change, I agree that the .pdf links should be pretty highly visible.

The Tracker page no longer seems to have a page listing at the bottom - ie, I can only see one page of Recent Posts, which is annoying because that's how I work out what's new to read on the forums, and if I haven't been here for a couple of days there can be a few pages of recent posts for me to flick through.

I've been using a workaround of just typing in the URL directly (eg http://libcom.org/tracker?page=2) but that's pretty annoying.