Drinks Night Feedback

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 27 2008 17:10
Drinks Night Feedback
Quote:
A lot of people here obviously aren't aware of all the issues related to this, and we're not going to go into private details on this thread. This is a decision we've made in part in response to feedback from users. There has not been any "sea change," this is something that was put up with but following this feedback we think it's best not to let continue.

I'M not aware of the issues and as i was the person who organised them, perhaps you could clue me in???

If there were these "private issues" then why were they not conveyed in a private pm? Why were my pms ignored?

Of course there has been a "seachange" - "

"put up with" ?????? [This for Joseph ] You came to one of the drinks i organised and stayed at mine after where i was supportive to you. How on earth can you justify this attitude?

The drinks can't have been so terrible if loads of people want to come to the next one despite the lack of interest from admin. And there was a lot of support on the thread which you just locked. Why cut off peoples chance to express themselves? What has happened that is so terrible there has been a decision to say these things to me and treat me in this incredibly dismissive and hurtful way without having the grace to even clue me in and pm me?

How well do you think this attitude is gonna look to t'others? I get on well with tons of people on here and pm and meet with a few and noone has even hinted at this dark feedback. It is the admin attitude that has been incomprehensible to people. I doubt if your post has done anything to clarify things.

Thora
Jan 27 2008 18:25

I can't think of any reason why there is a problem with using the word Libcom to describe social events organised and attended by libcom posters. Is there a ban on using the forums to organise any non-sanctioned social events, or is it just with the use of the word Libcom?

the button's picture
the button
Jan 27 2008 18:38

I can think of at least one reason why someone wouldn't wish to turn up at a "libcom event" advertised as such on an open message board.

"This isn't over. Not by a long way."

And so on.

Thora
Jan 27 2008 18:39

I don't understand button.

the button's picture
the button
Jan 27 2008 18:42

OK. To put it another way, there's a few nutters out there who are willing express their dislike of these forums & the people who use them through the medium of physical violence. Why let them know when they'll have chance to do it?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Jan 27 2008 18:43

'tis a fair point

the button's picture
the button
Jan 27 2008 18:44
xConorx wrote:
'tis a fair point

To be sure, to be sure.

Thora
Jan 27 2008 18:48

If that's the reason why not just say so? This way it just seems like Steven has a personal issue with LW.

the button's picture
the button
Jan 27 2008 18:51

It was a complete guess on my part. But it's the kind of thing I'd be thinking if I was a member of the invisible dictatorship.

jambo1's picture
jambo1
Jan 27 2008 18:56

good point, if that is the problem then p.m. for any get together would be the way to go.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 27 2008 19:09

Thats maybe the reason.

But this talk of negative feedback from users and "issues" and the choice of wording to say that the drinks were "put up with" from someone who attended and then stayed at mine is very hurtful and frankly baffling.

The very least they should have done is drop me a pm saying that they didn't want me to do the drinks any more. This would return the favour of me originally pming and asking them if it was ok in the first place.

Even if they hadn't given a reason, at least it would have been showing a common courtesy and not treating me with such absolute contempt. .All they had to do was drop me a line.

But yeah talk of issues and negative feedback without even pming me to tell me there had been such and letting me know that way rather than letting me find out like this...

And keeping all this a dark secret and locking the thread is just creepy i think...

Love

LW XX

the button's picture
the button
Jan 27 2008 19:14

First they came for the social secretary, and I did nothing, for I was not the social secretary.....

sad

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 28 2008 03:09

Should have just PMd her and asked that she started 'Drinks' as opposed to 'Libcom drinks' threads if it's that big an issue. Imvho embarrassed

Mike Harman
Jan 28 2008 14:46

Just to let you all know that we've replied to LW via pm, and no it's not because drinks might get ambushed by men in bomber jackets.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 28 2008 23:02
the button wrote:
I can think of at least one reason why someone wouldn't wish to turn up at a "libcom event" advertised as such on an open message board.

this is nothing to do with it, like we said on the other thread, we're not going to state exact reasons in public so it doesn't embarass people.

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Jan 29 2008 10:16

mental

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 29 2008 19:05
Steven. wrote:
the button wrote:

this is nothing to do with it, like we said on the other thread, we're not going to state exact reasons in public so it doesn't embarass people.

Just to say as you know i got your group pm and replied immediately. (Would that you had been so efficient in contacting me in the first place neutral )

Haven't had a reply to the points i raised ie why the hurtful and deceitful comments, why was i the last to know etc. Don't really expect to because there is no valid reply possible other than "yeah sorry LW.. we mishandled that one right enough and have obv. hurt your feelings. You did nothing to warrant that - our bad. " So as you can't seem able to say it i have said it for you. neutral

Re: the reason you gave - it is one of minor social etiquette and is not at all embarrassing to me btw. Only the way you have handled it has led to that. Discussing this minor thing out in public wouldn't have bothered me at all. I couldn't be less embarrassed at the issue you raised but when people find out how minor it was and your reaction has been as OTT to that as it was, it would only be embarrassing for you guys i think.

In isolation, that minor thing CANNOT possibly have been the entire reason you reacted the way it is so please don't scapegoat me.

Lets split that difference - it was for a number of reasons. Lets move on now - you have your drinks and i have mine if that is the way it needs to be. sad I don't think this splitting thing is great for the boards but that is your choice. (I also can guess who is thrilled at the divisiveness caused by this split but hey again if you don't wanna heed my concerns raised on that one - again your choice. Good Luck. neutral )

Love

LW XX

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 29 2008 19:50

Fucks sake LW. You had a fair bit of support here, just give it a rest rather than an essay.

the button's picture
the button
Jan 29 2008 20:00
Lone Wolf wrote:
(I also can guess who is thrilled at the divisiveness caused by this split)

Who? The ruling class? confused

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 29 2008 20:02
the button wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

Get back in the kitchen angry

the button's picture
the button
Jan 29 2008 20:03
wraeth wrote:
the button wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

It's like living in Nazi Germany. sad

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 29 2008 20:04

different day, same old menacing

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 29 2008 20:04
the button wrote:
wraeth wrote:
the button wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

It's like living in Nazi Germany. cool

Fixed.

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 29 2008 20:05
jef costello wrote:
different day, same old menacing

cool

Refused's picture
Refused
Jan 29 2008 20:05

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 29 2008 20:07

Huge Manitees an that.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 29 2008 22:11
wraeth wrote:
Fucks sake LW. You had a fair bit of support here, just give it a rest rather than an essay.

Trust me, the support was appreciated. The essay is complete. Just didn't like it being left with it all put on to me and said so. Doubt if anyone would react much differently in my circs. Noone likes being left holding the baby. Unless it is actually a real baby. Which is cute.

Love

LW XX

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 29 2008 22:13
wraeth wrote:
Huge Manitees an that.

confused I am hoping this is not a personal insult. wink

wraeth's picture
wraeth
Jan 29 2008 23:38
Lone Wolf wrote:
wraeth wrote:
Huge Manitees an that.

confused I am hoping this is not a personal insult. wink

It's one of them Internet memes that the l33t seem so fond of ... 'Oh! The humanity! followed by:

A bit like 'will nobody think of the children sad '

I'm starting a new one of my own about prayers to St Jude, on the off-chance I can think of an even remotely amusing way of saying it sad

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 30 2008 00:28

That's for that - i would not have known that. My thinking was baser than that! embarrassed

Fab photo. cool

I am sure you will get a chance to work the new one in sometime. wink