promoting libcom.org

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
laborbund's picture
laborbund
Offline
Joined: 1-03-10
Feb 23 2012 00:27
promoting libcom.org

is there anything in the way of silent agitators / good ways to promote libcom.org? I want stickers I can put on top of every ron paul sticker i see. I'm fucking sick of that guy and his uncanny ability to get suburbanites to paste his name on to everything. I want to redirect people to this website. smiley face.

bulmer's picture
bulmer
Offline
Joined: 17-11-10
Feb 23 2012 00:59

Maybe use some of the graphics available here

http://libcom.org/gallery/libcom%20graphics
http://libcom.org/gallery/libcommunity

Buy some stickers like the ones on here (don't know what size you want)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_sq_top?ie=UTF8&keywords=a4%20stickers%20printing&index=blended&pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001W9LJ94&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1MT835FSBK0E3PVJT7D5

Edit the graphic of your choice to fit the sticker size of your choice and print it.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Offline
Joined: 5-10-07
Feb 23 2012 09:14

There were some really good libcom posters available at the last London anarchist bookfair. Maybe try and send an email to the admins to see if they have any left and can send any over?

http://libcom.org/contact

Alternatively, you're in Cleveland and in the IWW, there's got be some local groups that can send you a bunch of stickers, no?

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Offline
Joined: 13-04-11
Feb 23 2012 15:19

Wouldn't flyposting, or stickers get the website in trouble? I'm sure I read a while back that even Sony was prosecuted by Camden Borough Council for illegally flyposting. And I know from experience that other flyposters don't appreciate peopleencroaching on their patch. What about graffiti? I'm a budding graffer, so could create a one with permission.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Offline
Joined: 5-10-07
Feb 23 2012 15:23

Well, I think this guys in the States in any case....

And who said anything about flyposting, comrade? I'm sure the libcom collective, as a upstanding organisation which respects private property, would never endorse such anti-social behaviour wink

radicalgraffiti
Offline
Joined: 4-11-07
Feb 23 2012 15:28
Standfield wrote:
Wouldn't flyposting, or stickers get the website in trouble? I'm sure I read a while back that even Sony was prosecuted by Camden Borough Council for illegally flyposting. And I know from experience that other flyposters don't appreciate peopleencroaching on their patch. What about graffiti? I'm a budding graffer, so could create a one with permission.

they hired some people to flypost, but if someone where to take a poster and start sticking it up an wall without libcom's permission they wouldn't be responsible

sabot's picture
sabot
Offline
Joined: 21-06-08
Feb 23 2012 16:43
Standfield wrote:
What about graffiti? I'm a budding graffer, so could create a one with permission.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Offline
Joined: 5-10-07
Feb 23 2012 16:46

Libcom.org: Full Fucking Communism

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Offline
Joined: 28-01-11
Feb 23 2012 16:53

laugh out loud nice one sabot

laborbund's picture
laborbund
Offline
Joined: 1-03-10
Feb 23 2012 16:56
sabot wrote:
Standfield wrote:
What about graffiti? I'm a budding graffer, so could create a one with permission.

Its settled then. Ron Paul be prepared to have your shit fucked up.

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Offline
Joined: 13-04-11
Feb 23 2012 17:17
radicalgraffiti wrote:

they hired some people to flypost, but if someone where to take a poster and start sticking it up an wall without libcom's permission they wouldn't be responsible

Hmmm... Doesn't look like the courts took it that way. I'm sure they'd see it as advertising, whether it's for a new LP or a website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/jun/15/arts.politics

Chilli Sauce wrote:
Well, I think this guys in the States in any case....

And who said anything about flyposting, comrade? I'm sure the libcom collective, as a upstanding organisation which respects private property, would never endorse such anti-social behaviour ;)

Where else would you put a poster? In your bedroom? I can imagine how well it would go down if you starting asking random strangers on the street to, "come upstairs and see my poster". wink

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Offline
Joined: 6-11-03
Feb 23 2012 18:14

If you put together a poster with a clear warning on it that it's not for flyposting you can't be held responsible for what overenthusiastic fans do.

radicalgraffiti
Offline
Joined: 4-11-07
Feb 23 2012 18:15
Standfield wrote:
radicalgraffiti wrote:

they hired some people to flypost, but if someone where to take a poster and start sticking it up an wall without libcom's permission they wouldn't be responsible

Hmmm... Doesn't look like the courts took it that way. I'm sure they'd see it as advertising, whether it's for a new LP or a website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/jun/15/arts.politics

i think that confirms what i said

Quote:
Last week, lawyers for Sony wrote to Camden promising: "Each of our clients will undertake ... not to knowingly commission, instruct, procure or arrange ... to erect posters" contrary to planning and highway laws.
petey
Offline
Joined: 13-10-05
Feb 23 2012 18:34

whatever happend to the t-shirts? i'd wear a t-shirt. hundreds of people would see it and go the site to find out what the buzz was about.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Feb 23 2012 20:43

Ha ha, thanks for the thought. TBH we don't have any promotional materials. We gave away our limited run of posters at the bookfair.

When the site redesign is complete we will probably produce a bunch of promotional materials based on the new look, so until then feel free to make your own. You can also promote us online in various ways, on other forums, comments on news sites, links from Wikipedia, from your own blog, sharing us on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But yes we hope to have some at some point reasonably soon, and thanks again for the offer.

BTW, love the graffiti. Looks a lot like this real graffiti from a few years back (with our old URL):

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Offline
Joined: 13-04-11
Feb 24 2012 00:08
radicalgraffiti wrote:
Standfield wrote:
radicalgraffiti wrote:

they hired some people to flypost, but if someone where to take a poster and start sticking it up an wall without libcom's permission they wouldn't be responsible

Hmmm... Doesn't look like the courts took it that way. I'm sure they'd see it as advertising, whether it's for a new LP or a website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/jun/15/arts.politics

i think that confirms what i said

Quote:
Last week, lawyers for Sony wrote to Camden promising: "Each of our clients will undertake ... not to knowingly commission, instruct, procure or arrange ... to erect posters" contrary to planning and highway laws.

Sorry, misunderstood you initially.

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Offline
Joined: 13-04-11
Feb 24 2012 00:09
Rob Ray wrote:
If you put together a poster with a clear warning on it that it's not for flyposting you can't be held responsible for what overenthusiastic fans do.

Brilliant.

jolasmo
Offline
Joined: 25-12-11
Feb 24 2012 00:23

The AF's been slapping up stickers promoting our site for years and haven't had any problems, I think it's extremely unlikely that it would get the website in trouble. I think libcom.org stickers are a fucking awesome idea.

~J.

laborbund's picture
laborbund
Offline
Joined: 1-03-10
Feb 24 2012 16:46

I mean ron paul isn't getting in trouble for his lackeys plastering his name on to everything they possibly can. I don't think we generally have these legal problems in the US.

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Feb 24 2012 17:22
Steven. wrote:
Ha ha, thanks for the thought. TBH we don't have any promotional materials. We gave away our limited run of posters at the bookfair.

When the site redesign is complete we will probably produce a bunch of promotional materials based on the new look, so until then feel free to make your own. You can also promote us online in various ways, on other forums, comments on news sites, links from Wikipedia, from your own blog, sharing us on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But yes we hope to have some at some point reasonably soon, and thanks again for the offer.

BTW, love the graffiti. Looks a lot like this real graffiti from a few years back (with our old URL):

Youse were registered in Niger? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.ne

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
Feb 24 2012 17:26

Not exactly, Jim ran out of paint

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Feb 24 2012 17:28
Steven. wrote:
Not exactly, Jim ran out of paint

That's a shame. In my mind, I've always pictured a "Lawks, it's the rozzers!" moment.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Offline
Joined: 5-10-07
Feb 24 2012 19:04
Steven. wrote:
Not exactly, Jim ran out of paint

That's amazing and actually makes me really happy cool

snipfool
Offline
Joined: 9-06-11
Feb 24 2012 19:31

aww man. is it still there? finish it off! still forwards to libcom.org i see.