The presence of union organisers on Libcom

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Apr 26 2008 22:22
The presence of union organisers on Libcom

If they're gonna be allowed to stay here, can they please have in their taglines: "SEIU union organiser" or whatever, so people can be aware of that before entering into debate with them? I mean, considering how their role on here is (in general terms) to defend their employers against revolutionary arguments and activities.

H
Offline
Joined: 5-02-07
Apr 27 2008 01:24

Brilliant idea, let's give them Yellow Stars as well.

Mathias's picture
Mathias
Offline
Joined: 14-01-07
Apr 27 2008 03:58

I think anyone with a 10 inch or bigger cock should have to state it.Maybe even a huge cock icon next to their name.

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Apr 27 2008 15:28
H wrote:
Brilliant idea, let's give them Yellow Stars as well.

Godwin's Law. And on the first reply as well. grin

Alan wins this one, I think.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 27 2008 15:38

Second reply. Mine got deleted.

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Apr 27 2008 17:14
thugarchist wrote:
Second reply. Mine got deleted.

It's like living in Nazi Germany. cry

(What was it, btw?)

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 27 2008 17:16
the button wrote:
thugarchist wrote:
Second reply. Mine got deleted.

It's like living in Nazi Germany. cry

(What was it, btw?)

Just this picture:

MJ's picture
MJ
Offline
Joined: 5-01-06
Apr 27 2008 17:18

Thug that was your 4,000th post!!!

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 27 2008 17:19
MJ wrote:
Thug that was your 4,000th post!!!

Does that count the deleted posts or are those totally dissapeared like if libcom was nazi germany or something?

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Apr 27 2008 17:23
thugarchist wrote:
MJ wrote:
Thug that was your 4,000th post!!!

Does that count the deleted posts or are those totally dissapeared like if libcom was nazi germany or something?

I reckon it's more like Trotsky being airbrushed off the Kremlin balcony, or the thousands who were "disappeared" by repressive regimes in Latin America. Not sure if you wear glasses or not, but if you do, it could be like Libcom Year Zero, in the killing fields of the Feedback forum.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 27 2008 17:25
the button wrote:
thugarchist wrote:
MJ wrote:
Thug that was your 4,000th post!!!

Does that count the deleted posts or are those totally dissapeared like if libcom was nazi germany or something?

I reckon it's more like Trotsky being airbrushed off the Kremlin balcony, or the thousands who were "disappeared" by repressive regimes in Latin America. Not sure of you wear glasses or not, but if you do, it could be like Libcom Year Zero, in the killing fields of the Feedback forum.

Dude. Thats my favorite Pol Pot reference of all time. I just kinda like saying "this is year zero" over and over again.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Offline
Joined: 1-03-06
Apr 27 2008 19:22

Thug

Similar post count to mine, year zero boy. cool

Mathias's picture
Mathias
Offline
Joined: 14-01-07
Apr 27 2008 20:03

I only have 80 or so posts because my union doesn't allow me to fuck around all day on the internet

pgh2a
Offline
Joined: 9-12-06
Apr 27 2008 20:19

be careful or they will accuse you of domestic violence in retaliation for that statement.

OliverTwister's picture
OliverTwister
Offline
Joined: 10-10-05
Apr 27 2008 21:39

damn i only have half of duke's posts

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Apr 27 2008 22:03

He's only got 1500 less than me, and I joined in 2004. eek

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Apr 27 2008 22:52

In all seriousness (fuck, no way this can end well), don't people think that it's relevant to understand the sectarian loyalties of these hacks when the discussion is about their union racket?

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Apr 27 2008 23:04

I do.

But since it's the seppoes that keep the boards moving nowadays (and since a fair few of them are the shoeshine boys of the labour lieutenants of capital) I can't see it happening any time soon.

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Apr 27 2008 23:30
the button wrote:
the shoeshine boys of the labour lieutenants of capital

See, something like that...perhaps if you can manoevre it into an SEIU acronym...

MJ's picture
MJ
Offline
Joined: 5-01-06
Apr 27 2008 23:57

Can we somehow indicate who has white skin privilege too? I mean, considering how their role on here is (in general terms) to defend settler society against revolutionary arguments and activities.

Randy
Offline
Joined: 31-01-07
Apr 28 2008 00:28
Mathias wrote:
I think anyone with a 10 inch or bigger cock should have to state it.Maybe even a huge cock icon next to their name.

But we don't want to make you overcompensating tough guys feel inferior (more than you do already).

the button's picture
the button
Offline
Joined: 7-07-04
Apr 28 2008 00:45
MJ wrote:
Can we somehow indicate who has white skin privilege too? I mean, considering how their role on here is (in general terms) to defend settler society against revolutionary arguments and activities.

The difference being that that's bollocks.

pgh2a
Offline
Joined: 9-12-06
Apr 28 2008 01:01

"the shoeshine boys of the labour lieutenants of capital"

I support this. At least thugarchist has some useful posts on other subjects. Some of the other posters like onthemarch seem mostly to post to get the "party" line out there.

Mathias's picture
Mathias
Offline
Joined: 14-01-07
Apr 28 2008 03:28
Randy wrote:
Mathias wrote:
I think anyone with a 10 inch or bigger cock should have to state it.Maybe even a huge cock icon next to their name.

But we don't want to make you overcompensating tough guys feel inferior (more than you do already).

As a first generation Irish American I find the above comment to be racist. The Irish Curse is a myth (same with the Jewish Blessing)

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 28 2008 05:17
pghwob wrote:
"the shoeshine boys of the labour lieutenants of capital"

I support this. At least thugarchist has some useful posts on other subjects. Some of the other posters like onthemarch seem mostly to post to get the "party" line out there.

Meh. Most of our discussion on the subject was working through your misunderstandings of specific documents and their timelines and involved zero political content whatsoever.

Anyhoo, my current tagline should just about cover things I'd think. wink

Mike Harman
Offline
Joined: 7-02-06
Apr 28 2008 09:04
thugarchist wrote:
Most of our discussion [...] involved zero political content whatsoever.

This is the problem.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 29 2008 04:51
Mike Harman wrote:
thugarchist wrote:
Most of our discussion [...] involved zero political content whatsoever.

This is the problem.

So answering factual misinformation without political bias is the problem? I thought bias was the problem. Y'all gotta make up your mind at some point.

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Apr 29 2008 06:10

Since when do Catch and me have to agree? Fuck man...you're too used to dealing with sectarians.

Although I'd say we're both right, the point is your role is to defend SEIU however you see fit, including encouraging digressions, throwing around insults, ad hom attacks on other posters...it's relevant to be aware of your job description when the topic is SEIU itself.

And incidentally you need a new trick: the whole Yank thing of repeating insults sarcastically via taglines etc in an attempt to neutralise them is running outta steam.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 29 2008 08:38
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
Since when do Catch and me have to agree? Fuck man...you're too used to dealing with sectarians.

Although I'd say we're both right, the point is your role is to defend SEIU however you see fit, including encouraging digressions, throwing around insults, ad hom attacks on other posters...it's relevant to be aware of your job description when the topic is SEIU itself.

And incidentally you need a new trick: the whole Yank thing of repeating insults sarcastically via taglines etc in an attempt to neutralise them is running outta steam.

Yes. Quite. SEIU is so horribly concerned about a couple a wobs in the U.S. and 1 libertarian communitst from the UK (currently in Mexico I hear) they've sent me to disrupt your revolushun. Its certainly not possible that whatever I say might just be my actual opinion.

cantdocartwheels's picture
cantdocartwheels
Offline
Joined: 15-03-04
Apr 29 2008 10:01

I kinda agree with Alan on this one, I don't think it goes for all full timers though, just the ones who seem overly interested in pushing the views of said organisation. I mean take this thread for example http://libcom.org/forums/feedback-content/targeted-union-rep-26042008 . he's already brought up some random union trivia only a few posts in, now i'm sure he's not going to derail the thread but its a pretty good example of why if your going to be a union full timer here who tows the line in the fashion duke does having an tagline that says he's an employee of the SEIU.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
Offline
Joined: 26-11-06
Apr 29 2008 22:16
cantdocartwheels wrote:
I kinda agree with Alan on this one, I don't think it goes for all full timers though, just the ones who seem overly interested in pushing the views of said organisation. I mean take this thread for example http://libcom.org/forums/feedback-content/targeted-union-rep-26042008 . he's already brought up some random union trivia only a few posts in, now i'm sure he's not going to derail the thread but its a pretty good example of why if your going to be a union full timer here who tows the line in the fashion duke does having an tagline that says he's an employee of the SEIU.

Thats not random trivia. The INA was decimated a few years ago. Strength is about numbers. It had nothing to do with my union.