Upgrade issues

220 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mike Harman
Dec 13 2008 11:27

Front page - going to install panels and try to get that running - it'll probably work well enough to use it for that, and I think it's going to be less work long term than workarounds.

bookmarks - I think that's due to the way I'm getting the bookmarks for the block, will keep an eye on it.

Mike Harman
Dec 13 2008 18:32

By the way, I'm currently getting the images in tag intros linking to the tag itself with a bit hacking - /intro/tag-name is replaced with /tags/tag-name in the URL - so if an intro has a different title to the tag itself, the image-to-tag links won't work (but it'll just link to the intro instead). All the sectors ones are fixed - but if you feature stuff, worth checking the image goes to the right place.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Dec 14 2008 17:19

a minute ago in the right hand side bar instead of tabs marked "bookmarked" and "emailed" I had "most saved" and "most emailed" was this a glitch? the word emailed went down to the next line so it looked crap.

Mike Harman
Dec 14 2008 17:23

A glitch in the sense I tried to change the wording and discovered it looked crap wink

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Dec 14 2008 20:23

bbcode image resizing is making images square... http://libcom.org/blog/badplace-cocktail-13122008#comment-309696

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Dec 14 2008 21:12

If you click on the (new) link on the bottom bar then it takes you to the new post.

Except if the newest post is not on the first pages, then it takes you to the first page. Or if the entire thread is new, then it takes you to the first new comment but not to the OP. I'm guessing that last part would be a pain to fix and it isn't too much of a problem so it could just be left.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 14 2008 23:17

When I click on the credit crisis tag, there is no auto URL for it and I get this error:
http://libcom.org/taxonomy/term/2706

I've noticed a couple of other tags don't have auto URLs either, I will post up what they if I find one again.

Mike Harman
Dec 14 2008 23:31

Yeah I think there was a window after upgrade where pathauto wasn't working. But that doesn't explain why it's a page not found on the real path either - might have to delete and make it again tbh..

If tags don't have automatic urls, can add manually from admin/build/path - also with the front page, intros have to exactly match the tag url - i.e. tags/tag-name intro/tag-name - otherwise the image will link to the node instead of the tag.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 14 2008 23:56

Okay, will bear in mind for future tag intros. I think a couple of them might be different, because they have dates in. If I spot them change that though.

Could you sort out the credit crisis one then? I can then look for the articles and re-tag them if necessary

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Dec 15 2008 00:02

html blockquote tags not working in this article; input format is full html

http://libcom.org/library/kropotkin-was-no-crackpot

Mike Harman
Dec 15 2008 00:04

blockquote is working - but it's not styled in the theme at all, will add some (not tonight though).

Mike Harman
Dec 15 2008 00:09
Steven. wrote:
Okay, will bear in mind for future tag intros. I think a couple of them might be different, because they have dates in. If I spot them change that though.

Thanks. It's not disastrous, but that's the easiest way to get the image linking properly.

Quote:
Could you sort out the credit crisis one then? I can then look for the articles and re-tag them if necessary

Not sure why we got the 404, but adding a path alias manually fixed it.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 15 2008 10:33

CPE intro not displaying
http://libcom.org/blog/cpe-france

Mike Harman
Dec 15 2008 10:49

Have you got a direct link to the intro?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 15 2008 19:28

http://libcom.org/intro/cpe-france-blog

I thought that it might be because it had an image attached instead of a normal image uploaded, but I change that and still no joy.

Mike Harman
Dec 15 2008 19:49

Fixed - I had the block showing only on tags/* urls, and the blog is at blog/cpe-france - added that in.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Dec 17 2008 14:43

Now that the forums are automatically cropping and resizing photos would it be possible to bring back the popout box that shows the full size picture? It was on the news articles upgrade before last iirc. Also do the dimensions options on the entry box work? I've not tried them because I never remember to look up dimensions of images.

The other reason for this is that where pictures are resized it means we won't have a full-sized copy of the picture if we want to use it again later unless the contributor has saved a copy (I was always really bad at doing that).

Mike Harman
Dec 17 2008 14:49

The forums never had a popup showing the full picture, and that's non-trivial to do. There's a bit of a bug with the resizing at the moment though - but it's just visual, no data munging.

For news articles, it should already be working though.

Where are you seeing dimensions on the image upload? I've not noticed them. The maximum file size is 1024 x 1024 - that hasn't changed and it's saved to the file system same as before. We could possibly increase it a bit too.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Dec 17 2008 15:13

ok cool, I hadn't checked the news articles. IF it's a pain for the forums and there's no data loss then no problem.

If you click the 'Image' button on the post new comment box then a dialogue box comes up asking for the url of the picture and for it's dimensions. I haven't fiddled about with it to see if it actually works though smile

Mike Harman
Dec 17 2008 15:19

Ohh, that one. OK that'll work up to a point, but it'll still get resized by the CSS. It doesn't let you upload anything, it's just a more 'friendly' way to add the image links. I never use the buttons so don't notice stuff like this sad

I could make it work more like the bold/italic buttons so there's no crazy popup if it's annoying.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 18 2008 17:30

Mutinies tag directs to/tags/mutiny. Could this be fixed and forwarding URL be set up (because there are external links to/mutiny)

http://libcom.org/tags/mutiny

Mike Harman
Dec 18 2008 18:13

Still deciding the best way to handle redirects, for now added an extra alias so both will work (this doesn't penalize us in google, that's an old wives tale).

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 19 2008 02:10

League of revolutionary black workers tag link not working:
http://libcom.org/taxonomy/term/2665

- from the Black Cats, white cats, Wildcats article for example

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Dec 24 2008 01:08

'new' link on the bottom bar takes you to the first post in the thread.
It's been happening on and off with th links in the forums too.
I don't know if this helps but when it takes you to the first post in the thread at the side it has a ??new link at the top right corner which does take you to the newest post.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 24 2008 01:21

Yeah, this is happening where the actual first new post is at the top of the last page.

Joe's picture
Joe
Dec 24 2008 20:14

Very pedantic aesthetic thing: The links in the footer are hard to read because it's not easy to tell immediately where one link ends and the next begins.

It'd be easier to read if the line spacing between different links was slightly greater than the line spacing between different lines of the same link.

Good work though catch smile

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 24 2008 21:27

Yes, there's the same thing with the bookmarks at the side of the page. We need to work out the set way of doing that, either by bullet points or line spacing. I think your suggestion's probably the best one, to avoid having to use bullet points.

Mike Harman
Dec 24 2008 22:19

I'd probably go for a bit of margin too rather than bullets, will have a look at it.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Dec 28 2008 15:46

The 'Pending Revisons' block at the bottom of my screen is showing up as white with the text in a slightly brighter white so it's illegigble. I only noticed that it was a block because when there is a pendiong revision the name of the poster and thread show up in blue and I wondered why my screen was asking What did you get Alan smile
Incidentally is there a way to put a bit more of the thread title in the latests posts part on the front page of the forums? It just looks a bit odd as at the moment it only seems to be about 10 characters. I know most regular posters use the tracker but I use the forum page and I'd imagine a lot of new people would and I think it makes it a bit more attractive.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 30 2008 02:50

Workplace activity tag doesn't seem to have proper URL any more. I'm sure it used to...
http://libcom.org/taxonomy/term/61/