Upgrade issues

220 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jan 1 2009 11:53

the prune/graft button's missing which makes splitting even more of a pain than usual

Mike Harman
Jan 1 2009 16:44

That modules isn't upgraded yet, I could maybe try to do some work on that.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jan 1 2009 16:55

ah ok. not that important, we don't split much.

Mike Harman
Jan 1 2009 18:39

I'm getting the same issue with image uploads now, not sure what's causing it yet.

Felix Frost's picture
Felix Frost
Jan 1 2009 23:34
Joseph K. wrote:
when you post a comment that becomes the first on a new page, it takes you to the top of the previous page because it can't find the anchor it's looking for

I had a look at this, and it seems that the system is now only counting the existing number of comments when calculating which page to go to, rather than existing comments + the new comment being posted. To fix this, in function comment_form_submit (in comment.module), simply replace '$node->comment_count' with '$node->comment_count + 1'

I will post something about this on drupal.org, and hopefully they will fix it in the next release.

By the way, I have written some code to fix the problem with the new links going to the wrong page in the views module. I can send you a copy if you are interested.

Also, what about putting back those links to each page of comments that I made for you for drupal 5. I thought they were quite useful.

Mike Harman
Jan 1 2009 23:52

There's a patch for the view links here which I'm hoping will be committed soon - http://drupal.org/node/315007

If you link me to the comment_form_submit patch when it's posted on drupal.org I'll try to help it get in.

Pagers on the tracker - yes I'm planning to put those back. There's in the advanced forum module for forum listings, need to work out where best they should go for the tracker - probably a custom views plugin would do it but not written one of those yet.

Felix Frost's picture
Felix Frost
Jan 2 2009 00:21

Yeah, that patch is basically the same as what I wrote. I guess I could have saved myself the work... Anyway, I will be working on setting up a few drupal sites in the next few months, so feel free to ask if there is anything you need help with.

I haven't made a proper patch, but I posted a quick note about the comment submit issue at http://drupal.org/node/26966. (I'm not sure if this was the right place for it. I haven't really figured out how to navigate the drupal.org site.)

Mike Harman
Jan 2 2009 01:33

I've moved the issue to a new one - that's quite old and while it's the same root cause, it's turned into a general one about how broken comment module paging is, whereas this is something which can be fixed quickly. Rolled it into a patch at http://drupal.org/node/353328

Thanks for help offer. I've got a bit better at this over the past couple of years so the same goes for you too smile What sites are you setting up?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 2 2009 12:46

Can't seem to access the TPTG archive.

The link to the tag on their Greece unrest article is to this page:
http://libcom.org/taxonomy/term/2722

Which gives an error message.

Typing in /tags/TPTG gets an error as well.

Mike Harman
Jan 2 2009 13:09

I manually added a url alias, and the alias works now. This is a strange bug. Bumped an existing bug report on drupal.org - http://drupal.org/node/286052

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 2 2009 17:00

Yes, this seems to be happening with a few things. I think I will try and go through a few tanks to check them out. Cheers for sorting it catch.

Either way, initially the bug of the bottom box didn't seem to be fixed but now it does seem to be. Although earlier it overlaid the text for a second so I will keep my eye on it for a bit...

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 2 2009 17:09

The White bar at the bottom with 'Pending revisions' still has that text as the same colour as the background. I've also got a visible link this post by knightrose with there. The knightrose post has an 'unreport this post' option at the bottom instead of 'report this post'. Does this mean that someone else has reported it or that I've accidentally reported it myself at some point ? smile
I'm guessing it doesn't have any pending revisions as it's just a post.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 2 2009 17:13
jef costello wrote:
The White bar at the bottom with 'Pending revisions' still has that text as the same colour as the background. I've also got a visible link this post by knightrose with there. The knightrose post has an 'unreport this post' option at the bottom instead of 'report this post'. Does this mean that someone else has reported it or that I've accidentally reported it myself at some point ? smile
I'm guessing it doesn't have any pending revisions as it's just a post.

yes it means somebody else reported it.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 2 2009 17:36

Does that mean that they didn't give any info on why or that I don't know how to look for it?

Felix Frost's picture
Felix Frost
Jan 2 2009 17:54
Mike Harman wrote:
I've moved the issue to a new one - that's quite old and while it's the same root cause, it's turned into a general one about how broken comment module paging is, whereas this is something which can be fixed quickly. Rolled it into a patch at http://drupal.org/node/353328

Thanks for help offer. I've got a bit better at this over the past couple of years so the same goes for you too smile What sites are you setting up?

Yeah, I will probably have a lot of questions for you once I get a little further into the process. My first project will be moving www.anarchosyndicalism.net into drupal, and we are also working on a new Norwegian language site to replace www.frihetlig.org. I'm also going to set up some sites for some non-profit projects. Maybe I will even get paid for some of it.

By the way, you have a small typo in your patch: You wrote $ccoment_count instead of $comment_count.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 5 2009 17:15

Don't know if the URL thing is causing general problems, but it didn't create an address for Tom Jennings new blog:
http://libcom.org/blog/4271

Django's picture
Django
Jan 6 2009 20:46

Could blog posts be listed in chronological order on the front page like the newswire and the last version of the site, rather than randomly?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 6 2009 23:40

The reasoning behind that was that blog posts have generally been quite sporadic.

It would then be very obvious if they hadn't a new one in a while, and look bad.

Also, if a few then got added in one go then the fourth one would hardly get read by anyone.

So that bloc at the bottom of every page displays three at random from the last month, and if there haven't been three that month then it goes to the previous month as well.

So I think it's worth keeping like that for now, at least until we get more consistent regular blogging.

Mike Harman
Jan 6 2009 23:46
Steven. wrote:
So I think it's worth keeping like that for now, at least until we get more consistent regular blogging.

I reckon the blogging has been pretty regular recently, and the news/history/library are updated pretty frequently which is more important in terms of rotating stuff. Also only regular users will notice if it doesn't change much (and they'll notice old stuff being recycled anyway), imo it's better if something that looks like a 'new' link goes to the most recent stuff. So at least for now I changed it to most recent first, but it's literally a 2 minute job to switch it back again later if it gets slow again.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 6 2009 23:49

Okay cool.

Mike Harman
Jan 7 2009 00:21

Should've mentioned - I actually did hours ago after reading Django's, but then forgot to post about it, so hadn't read Steven's post by the time I got back here to reply. Just in case anyone thinks our theoretical and tactical unity is in question.

Also, if anyone's feeling really bored, I'm losing track of what's fixed and what isn't on this thread. So if there's something small that you can't work out why it's not fixed, please bump the issue.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 7 2009 01:24

I'm unable to attach a JPG file to the adbusters article. When I click upload it works fine, but then when I click submit it disappears. Indeed this isn't the image for the article, it is an attachment which has the list with the black dots on it.
http://libcom.org/library/anti-semitism-adbusters-2004

Mike Harman
Jan 7 2009 14:50

I'm going to put the site into maintenance for 5 minutes to test these taxonomy term path issues - hang on for a bit!

radicalgraffiti
Jan 8 2009 01:34

I think that you used to be able to edit post you had made, but now the edit button only shows up when you most recent post is the most recent to the thread.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jan 8 2009 11:11

catch, the intros you themed into the top of tag lists are being duplicated (once themed in at the top, again appearing in the list)

http://libcom.org/tags/antonio-negri

running Ghostzilla/Win XP in case it's just me

Mike Harman
Jan 8 2009 11:52

No that's my fault. Fixed.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jan 8 2009 12:14

o rly? still doing it for me (hard-refreshed the page)

Mike Harman
Jan 8 2009 12:47

If the intro's just been posted, it'll still show up at the top because it's the most recent, could hide them completely I guess. But http://libcom.org/tags/strikes is OK now at least.

Armchair Anarchist's picture
Armchair Anarchist
Jan 8 2009 12:51

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, or is in the wrong thread, but the blue text on a black background on the front page will be very difficult to read for anyone with a visual impairment, due to the low contrast.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Jan 8 2009 14:20

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but when I try to "mark all topics read" it turns all topics into unread instead.