Upgrade issues

220 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mike Harman
Jan 8 2009 15:11

It'd been mentioned but hadn't had a chance to look at it yet. However, I just did, and it's now fixed smile

Felix Frost's picture
Felix Frost
Jan 8 2009 17:56

Not really an upgrade issue, but the front page just linked to the anarchosyndicalism tag, except when you clicked on the image you were sent to tags/anarcho-syndicalism instead of tags/anarchosyndicalism and you got a 404 error.

Mike Harman
Jan 8 2009 18:26

Thanks Felix, that's fixed now.

Red Marriott's picture
Red Marriott
Jan 12 2009 12:29
jef wrote:
bring back the popout box that shows the full size picture?

That was functioning in the library until recently.

Mike Harman
Jan 14 2009 22:29

Names are now working in private messages inbox. You'll see your own name too if you replied.

Mike Harman
Jan 14 2009 22:34

and the lightbox/image overlay on articles is fixed too now.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 15 2009 02:13
Mike Harman wrote:
Names are now working in private messages inbox. You'll see your own name too if you replied.

looks great catch, nice stuff.

Mike Harman
Jan 16 2009 19:13

un-aliased taxonomy/term/n urls now fixed - like the TPTG one.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 17 2009 20:53

Good stuff.
There's still the flaw where urls with brackets in them don't work.

Red Marriott's picture
Red Marriott
Jan 17 2009 21:12

Sorry to say, but I generally agree with robot's comments above (back on p. 2), I also preferred the look of the old site. The colour balance is way out for ease of reading and appropriate emphasis of info. (The beige/'magnolia' is a horrible nondescript colour associated, for me, with depressing institutions.) I appreciate the upgrade is ongoing and a massive amount of dedicated work...

Mike Harman
Jan 17 2009 21:31

Yeah the forum colour is crappy, will change that (probably to grey though tongue ).

Bottom blue links I'm thinking of changing to white due to the accessibility issues identified earlier.

Any other really glaring stuff that looks bad please post it up (although better in the 'theming the new site' thread.

Mike Harman
Jan 17 2009 21:35
Quote:
There's still the flaw where urls with brackets in them don't work.

This is a core bug with Drupal and there's a fix being actively worked on (was a bug in older versions as well). So hopefully that'll get into the next release.

Ex-temp
Jan 19 2009 12:28

With the image uploading bug I just noticed something.

It seems very strange that I can add images but nobody else can. However, I just noticed that bug that happens to everyone else (the entire image fields disappear) happened to me.

It happened when I went to upload a picture differently to normal. Using IE7, I usually click browse then paste the URL and press enter. Then I press Tab and then Space. This has always worked.

However, last time I pasted in the URL, then pressed enter, and then pressed enter again. This caused the entire fields disappear and the image to disappear as well. So I don't know if the problem could be avoided by pressing tab then space by other people?

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jan 19 2009 12:55

ok, tab-space bar works for me. what a strange bug confused

no1
Jan 19 2009 13:19

can't find the glossary, even a search only turns up form posts etc on the first page, and google search doesn't help either.

haven't followed this thread so maybe this has been mentioned already.

Ex-temp
Jan 19 2009 13:38

wow that's cool if that works then Joseph. We should edit the submission form to tell people to do this for the time being.

Very bizarre though.

The glossary, apologies but I think that that was a feature that we have since dropped, as it was impractical to use and maintain, and was only rarely used anyway by readers.

no1
Jan 19 2009 17:13
Ex-temp wrote:
The glossary, apologies but I think that that was a feature that we have since dropped, as it was impractical to use and maintain, and was only rarely used anyway by readers.

That's a shame, I think it could be very useful for uninitiated people coming across the site. Maybe it wasn't used much because it wasn't displayed prominently?

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Jan 19 2009 23:04

images have disappeared from these:

http://libcom.org/library/prices-pay-ceiling
http://libcom.org/news/postal-strike-picket-line-interview-29062007

Mike Harman
Jan 19 2009 23:53

ack. I'll have a look in the database tomorrow and try to work out what's going on.

Red Marriott's picture
Red Marriott
Jan 20 2009 18:01

Ex-temp's image upload solution works for me too.

radicalgraffiti
Jan 21 2009 02:09

Noticed a strange thing, often one user will show up twice in the list of online users.
Some of the tags do the same thing in the library if you go to the tags index

Mike Harman
Jan 21 2009 09:52

Users showing up twice - that's a bug in Drupal which will be fixed in a later release.

Tags in the tag index shouldn't happen though - if you see specific ones please post them here.

Mike Harman
Jan 21 2009 10:53

I found the issue with missing images, and I think I've managed to fix it as well. If you noticed images missing from anywhere - please check back and let me know if they've reappeared. This was a nasty and annoying bug with a module (which I've now disabled). Might not be 100% fixed, but looking through Bangladesh and Nepal I think it's close.

radicalgraffiti
Jan 21 2009 23:15
Mike Harman wrote:
Tags in the tag index shouldn't happen though - if you see specific ones please post them here.

army is one dialectics is another, actually i think all of D is duplicated, not sure about the rest.

If you could make the tags in the index sort alphabetical that would make it really easy to spot

ok investigated the tag index a bit more, if you click on any of the letters at the top you get the list of tags for that letter twice.

Refused's picture
Refused
Jan 23 2009 17:56

I probably shouldn't have access to these options:

* Edit
* Export
* Clone

Fucking love the libcom penguin. <3

Ed's picture
Ed
Jan 24 2009 14:32

A few problems with navigation:
When you go to the tag or author indexes in /library, when you click on an actual letter/number, the page it takes you to doesn't have the numbers and letters at the top anymore so you have to keep skipping back to search another letter (http://libcom.org/library/tags/index/a).

Also, the map in /history doesn't have a tags bar you can search the map by. Is there any way of getting it? I was also thinking we should change the word above the search bar to something like "Search map by tag" or something. Just coz "tags" doesn't really explain what it is the bar does..

Mike Harman
Jan 24 2009 14:45

As far as I can tell the alpha paging stopped working without any changes from me - I need to try reverting to an earlier version of the view and/or check updates to Views to see if something changed.

Map - yes I'll get this added back in, although I want to fix the alpha paging issue first so I can take a snapshot of the current views when they're all working before making any changes.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 25 2009 15:09

The problem with the '&' looks like it has come back again. (actually as it's in the url it might just be some that dodged getting removed last time you fixed it) Not sure if it's worth doing anything about for forum posts but if it shows up elsewhere it would need to be fixed.
I just spotted an example in the 'most emailed' links. Which are nice btw smile

Mike Harman
Jan 25 2009 15:36

Pretty sure the & &amp; issue is from the migration from phpbb to Drupal long ago - not an upgrade issue though fortunately.

radicalgraffiti
Jan 30 2009 19:16

http://libcom.org/403 and http://libcom.org/404 seem to be editable, i haven't tried it but someone has