DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

You've got no friends!

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 1 2006 18:41
You've got no friends!

I've just disabled the friend list feature, partly because we're trying to work out issues with slow loading times and caching errors, and it's easiier to do that with less modules running, partly because it's not as good as we thought it'd be and we're going to look into other options. Sorry if you miss it, it may or may not come back when more important things work!

Steve
Aug 1 2006 19:32

I'd only just got a friend and now you've taken him away! sad
(Can't find the smilies on this thing)

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Aug 1 2006 23:38

I'm with Steve on this one!!I dunno - you get us to adjust to this controversial feature then take it away!!!wink

I DID say earlier I thought these "niceties" were less imp. than the imp. stuff whilst tech stuff is being ironed out - now it appears you agree! I rule!! tongue

Just kiddin' ..though this is the first (and prob last sad )time I have ever had a valid point to make that is IT related so p'haps I should bask a bit more in it...heh! black bloc but it does sound as though you ask a bit much of yourselves at times when you said it "didn't do as much as you'd hoped" or whatever. What were your expectations??? For the feature to come out and give peeps a hug or summat?? I thought it worked well - whilst admittedly a distraction from the imp. political work of the site it WAS quite fun finding out, eg, that a load of us like "Life Of Brian" and only John dislikes Russell Brand...

Keep up the good work..

Love

LW X

libcom's picture
libcom
Aug 1 2006 23:55

ahhh, likes and dislikes are still there. It's just the add to friends/view friends that we've removed.

the button's picture
the button
Aug 2 2006 07:15
Steve wrote:

I would like to put it on record that I was Steve's one friend, before The Man intervened.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Aug 2 2006 08:17
libcom wrote:
ahhh, likes and dislikes are still there. It's just the add to friends/view friends that we've removed.

Yeah that's all still there. We thought the friends list would work more like the MySpace friends lists, which are useful, but they don't. If we find an improved version of the module later we will install it.

Steve
Aug 2 2006 09:34
the button wrote:
Steve wrote:

I would like to put it on record that I was Steve's one friend, before The Man intervened.

Can I have my fiver back now? wink
Hey look managed a smiley! smile
Not second time though.sad

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Aug 2 2006 09:41
John. wrote:
We thought the friends list would work more like the MySpace friends lists, which are useful, but they don't. If we find an improved version of the module later we will install it.

It only shows five friends so it looks to the casual observer as if your friends have unfriended you. Not that I would ever make such a mistake or anything.

Quote:
and only John dislikes Russell Brand.

He's the only one who's put it in his profile, but there are lots of us out there.

Grace
Aug 3 2006 10:16

Who's Russell Brand?

the button's picture
the button
Aug 3 2006 11:19
Grace wrote:
Who's Russell Brand?

Someone should invent something that you could use to find out stuff like this from the internet.

ftony
Aug 3 2006 11:47

friends are bourgeois. i choose not to have any black star

Steve
Aug 3 2006 12:05
ftony wrote:
friends are bourgeois. i choose not to have any black star

You're fooling no-one. wink

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Aug 4 2006 00:07

FTony.. Er..no you mean you are too lazy and unmotivated to make the most of those you have or could have...Please.. roll eyes don't attempt to hide your blatant flakiness behind a political construct..wink