This is bizarre- Lyndon LaRouche accused Loren Goldner of being a CIA agent

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
TeflonMaster
Jul 26 2012 02:22
This is bizarre- Lyndon LaRouche accused Loren Goldner of being a CIA agent

I stumbled across this and damn if this ain't some far out moonbat shit.

(starts on the bottom of the page)

Now this is where the real beef comes in:

neutral

Hieronymous's picture
Hieronymous
Jul 26 2012 06:04

If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned. It's the price Goldner paid for having been a cadre in LaRouche's (then using the pseudonym Lyn Marcus -- you know, to sound like Lenin-Marx) National Caucus of Labor Committees, which he was a member of from May 1973 to January of 1974. It's important to point out that this was at the time that the NCLC was becoming overtly proto-fascist with things like "Operation Mop-up" (April to September 1973) where their goon squads physically attacked members of the CP, SWP, PLP and Black Power groups. Chip Berlet wrote "NCLC: Brownshirst of the Seventies" because even then Lyn Marcus was saying anti-Semitic and anti-Latino racist bullshit. Sadly, Goldner still encourages people to read Lyn Marcus' Dialectical Economics (see Will Barnes' critique of it here on libcom). By 1973 Marcus/LaRouche was already clearly delusional, if not an outright psychotic -- his "ego-stripping" brainwashing technique seems straight out of Scientology.

It would be advisable for Goldner to come clean and break with this part of his past; unfortunately, as late as 2002 he said (in footnote 2) that "the National Caucus of Labor Committees, which in the 1968-73 period elaborated a perspective which in its political and programmatic thrust was essentially identical with our own." Hopefully he will renounce this and repudiate this part of his past. Claims of Goldner being a CIA agent shows how psychotically deluded LaRouche had become -- even 40 years ago. Goldner has made many important contributions to left communist theory, so it's imperative that he separate himself from this nuttiness.

S. Artesian
Jul 26 2012 04:10

Hey, how about that? Being one of the original Nightwatch pair from Chicago, it's nice to know that our efforts at deconstructing the bullshit pseudo radicalism of Marcus and his NCLC did not go unnoticed.

To our credit, we knew the followers of Marcus were whack jobs way before 1973, and at no time in its history were the politics expressed by the NCLC anywhere close to the politics expressed in Nightwatch.

We, the original pair, put out a pamphlet against the NCLC back in the day... I think the article I wrote was called "Politics of the Rosicrucians."

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Jul 26 2012 08:28

as far as I know, there were quite a number of groups in Europe who had a kind of "working relationship" with the NCLC and its emerging clones in the early 1970ies, e.g. the pre-operaist "Proletarische Front" in Northern Germany, this stopped, when ~ 1974 the LaRouchites set up their European Labour Party which couldn't be perceived as an non-insane org anymore

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Jul 26 2012 09:02

p.s.: it would be deeply worrying for me to be known by the LaRouchites without being accused by them to be someones secret agent

ocelot's picture
ocelot
Jul 26 2012 09:09

For some reason this makes me think of that Rubberbandits "Up the ra" track. "Loren Goldner? He's in the CIA! Noam Chomsky? He's in the CIA! Nestor Mahkno? He's in the CIA! Bradley Wiggins? He's in the CIA...".

Kinda ironic really when, behind the smokescreen of pure mentalness, Larouch actually runs a perfectly sane and highly profitable private intelligence firm that does contract work for business and, er..., guess who?