Xmas 2014 gifts for libcommers?

63 posts / 0 new
Last post
jondwhite's picture
jondwhite
Dec 5 2014 10:45
Xmas 2014 gifts for libcommers?

What are good Xmas 2014 gifts for libcommers?
Which books, DVDs etc.?

snipfool
Dec 5 2014 10:59

iPad Air 2 please

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Dec 5 2014 11:37

I want a mountain bike and an XBox

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Dec 5 2014 13:01
snipfool wrote:
iPad Air 2 please

Mr. Jolly wrote:
I want a mountain bike and an XBox

Reformists.

Full communism or nothin'.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Dec 5 2014 14:17

Dear Comrade Santa

For Christmas this year please could I have the complete annihilation of liberals.

Webby

P.S. I promise to be very good

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Dec 5 2014 14:23

Santa is the opiate of the children.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 5 2014 14:28

full communization without stages and a pair of trainers

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Dec 5 2014 15:17

When I was a kid asking my mam and dad what I was going to get for chrimmie, I was usually told, "a new arse because your old one stinks," though to be fair to my mam, she'd usually say "a new bottom..." because saying arse was always considered to be "dead common" grin

Now I'm all grown up and a proper communist an all, I'd like Father Christmas to bring me an ICC colony so I could while away the hours watching it and occasionally poking it with sticks wink

sabot's picture
sabot
Dec 5 2014 15:11

Buzz kill: http://libcom.org/blog/christmas-libcom-donation-appeal-24122010

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Dec 8 2014 20:47

Bringing back the libcom taglines!

Seriously though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Still-Enemy-Within-Owen-Gower/dp/B00PFYFD9Y/ref=...

Cooked's picture
Cooked
Dec 8 2014 22:19

I want a water pitcher like this one but in glass, like thick and heavy. Can't seem to find one :'(

I found a place I could rent one for a pound... true story

Tyrion's picture
Tyrion
Dec 8 2014 22:50

Asking for a load of Troegs Mad Elf (not the best Belgian Strong Dark Ale, but they're my favorite style and it's still really good and certainly the cheapest!), some cash money, and full communism.

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Dec 8 2014 23:15
Tyrion wrote:
some cash money, and full communism.

Are you thinking of founding a museum? tongue

Tyrion's picture
Tyrion
Dec 8 2014 23:29

Trying to be well-prepared for either society that emerges from beneath my Christmas tree.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Dec 8 2014 23:34

I'll settle for a new gen console with some games.

petey
Dec 8 2014 23:47
Cooked wrote:
I want a water pitcher like this one but in glass, like thick and heavy. Can't seem to find one :'(

i may have one.

Fleur
Dec 8 2014 23:49

What I want but will not be getting -
http://www.badlandspaintball.com/planet-eclipse-geo-3.5-paintball-gun-fire-2-splash.html
What I will actually get -

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Dec 8 2014 23:58

What will you do with just three socks? WAIT. ARE YOU A THREE LEGGED MUTANT?

Fleur
Dec 9 2014 00:00
Quote:
What will you do with just three socks?

Wear two and lose the other one the first time I wash it.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Dec 9 2014 13:17
Cooked wrote:

I found a place I could rent one for a pound... true story

GOD I MISS PITCHERS OF BEER!

Socks are, in fact, on my Xmas list. I'm a picky bastards when it comes to the socks.

EDIT: Cooked, how's this?

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10131699/

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Dec 9 2014 14:28

Doesn't your beer go flat quicker in one of them jugs unless you're knocking them back rapido? Pint glass is fine for me. Half is bobbins and the quart jug just makes you look like a right greedy twat or a boozy get... burp...

Edit: Just remembered, a US pint is a fair bit smaller than a GB pint, so maybe not so greedy after all. Go home yankee imperialist lackeys and running dogs with your inferior pint measures angry Oh wait, that last bit should have been in the Rojava thread.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 9 2014 14:16
Serge Forward wrote:
When I was a kid asking my mam and dad what I was going to get for chrimmie, I was usually told, "a new arse because your old one stinks," though to be fair to my mam, she'd usually say "a new bottom..." because saying arse was always considered to be "dead common" grin

Now I'm all grown up and a proper communist an all, I'd like Father Christmas to bring me an ICC colony so I could while away the hours watching it and occasionally poking it with sticks wink

but how do you prevent the colony from being infested with parasites?

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Dec 9 2014 14:37

I understand they are already skilled at purging themselves grin

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Dec 9 2014 20:56
Tyrion wrote:
Trying to be well-prepared for either society that emerges from beneath my Christmas tree.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the reforms
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want full communism
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is full communism

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the reforms
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to cast my vote
There into the ballot box
My boss won't make me happy
With pay rise on Christmas day

Doesn't rhyme but fuck it, it's avant-garde.

Cooked's picture
Cooked
Dec 9 2014 22:03
petey wrote:
Cooked wrote:

i may have one.

Every time you use it remember you are holding someones dearest christmas desire in your hands! You lucky, lucky man.

Chilli Sauce wrote:
GOD I MISS PITCHERS OF BEER!

Water pitcher Chilli. Water! smile

Chilli Sauce wrote:
EDIT: Cooked, how's this?
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10131699/

I wan't one with texture, preferably ridges. I could accept the plain standard type like so

but it won't make me proper christmas happy. The IKEA one is wrong all over.

Gepetto's picture
Gepetto
Dec 9 2014 22:25

That feel when you wrote in a letter to Santa that you want communism and mom bought you nationalisation or self-management.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 9 2014 22:59

Going back to the OP, no one should ever by books or DVDs nowadays: just get an e-reader as a joint gift (or second-hand) and then they can torrent all the books they want!

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Dec 10 2014 01:31

E-readers are the work of Satan angry

And yes I have got a kindle.

Pitcher of beer... I still don't get it. What's the point? Can some random passing American please enlighten me as to how it improves the whole beer drinking experience and maybe give me suffcient reason to trek up to Nottingham IKEA and get one.

I'm not optimistic though, given that a popular US beer is Coors and that erzats Budweiser, also known as piss. In fact, when Budweiser sponsored the FA cup, the actual slogan was 'the FA cup sponsored by piss' I kid you not. Any road, I digress... what's the deal with pitchers?

Fleur
Dec 10 2014 04:07

Random passing non-American living in Canada here and I can vouch for the goodliness of pitchers of beer. It's cheaper to buy by the pitcher and it adds to the general conviviality of sharing with your friends. On the other hand, if your idea of a good night out is nursing a pint all night, it's probably best avoided.
However, a pitcher of American beer, or indeed any quantity of American beer, is an abomination and is nothing less than an insult to the grain from which it was extracted.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Dec 10 2014 07:42

Pitchers are awesome.

What can I say, beer drinking is a just a more collective experience in America. A big fuck-off pizza and two pitchers of beer and you and two friends are full and cheery without the hassle of waiting 10 minutes only to carry a handful of pint glasses back to the table.

Also, American beer is, if not the best, certainly the most innovative in the world. Laugh - and I know you will - but I've made many an Englishman eat their words - nay, drink their words - when it comes to US beer.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 10 2014 09:16
Chilli Sauce wrote:
Also, American beer is, if not the best, certainly the most innovative in the world. Laugh - and I know you will - but I've made many an Englishman eat their words - nay, drink their words - when it comes to US beer.

am I allowed to disagree? ... and isn't American beer an extension of the Bavarian-Bohemian brewing tradition?