A Three Stooges account of the failed effort to foment a transit system fare strike in San Francisco in 2005

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
MJ's picture
MJ
May 4 2007 23:32

You wouldn't "relinquish" (give) your seat to an elderly person otherwise?

MJ's picture
MJ
May 4 2007 23:33

Also there's a word that means "de-evolved," it's "devolved."

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
May 4 2007 23:36

Doltish and inarticulate?! You bastard.

MJ's picture
MJ
May 4 2007 23:40

I hear Kevin Keating prefers to pay full price at Macy's.

Smash Rich Bastards
May 4 2007 23:46
Kevin Keating wrote:
Are there any intelligent, articulate, thoughtful people out there who are still reading this thread and simply not posting on it? Or has it now de-evolved into being the plaything of drooling loser morons from NEFAC; the doltish and inarticulate "thugarchist," MJ, and 'Smash Rich Bastards'? 'Smash Rich Bastards,' boy, a handle like that clearly required a lot of thought. Which of his grandparents is he trying to scare with it?

I will say that it was nice of this spud 'Smash' etc, to post all those binky pictures of the members of the NEFAC Central Committee. If I'm ever in Montreal and find myself sitting next to one of them on a bus, I'll be sure to relenquish my seat to an elderly person.

If there are no sentient beings paying attention anymore, then we can just call this a wash. Comrade Mobuto, where did you go -- I miss you!

Kevin Keating

Sorry, but it just lacks a certain level of abusive intention when you get insulted by someone who, even by Bay Area standards (which is saying ALOT), is universally considered to be a total clown*. Nice try though.

(* this apparently does not include Chuck Munson... which pretty much reinforces my point)

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
May 4 2007 23:47

I heard he outsources his wheat paste production to mexico.

MJ's picture
MJ
May 4 2007 23:54

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
May 5 2007 00:11

Outside and against...

Kevin Keating
May 5 2007 22:56

Speaking of people with nothing to say who keep repeating themselves, what happened to "OliverTwister?" In the face of the first slight opposition he encountered, he cut and ran -- that's typical of what gets called an anarchist in today's San Francisco Bay Area.

Any more contributions from the not-too-brave, relevant or radical "Janky?"

petey
May 6 2007 00:08

i've kept my distance from this as i know nobody involved, but that last post was the STUPIDEST FUCKING THING I'VE READ HERE

Sam Diego
May 6 2007 00:40

Is Kevin Keating a troll?

Defintion:

Quote:
1. n. An individual who chronically trolls; regularly posts
specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a
discussion list, for no other purpose than to annoy
someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the
fact that they have no real interest in discussing the topic at
hand - they simply want to utter flame bait.

Here's another explanation from off the web:

Quote:
Essentially, a troll is somebody who posts controversially and/or offensively, but without any real interest in discussion or exchanging ideas. A devoted troll can carry on doing this for a long time. Trolls want either to generate lengthy and pointless threads for their own gratification, or rot existing threads in the same way. It is sometimes hard to tell when somebody is trolling and when they are just very dim, but the need for attention, frequently continuing to post after everyone else has given up or changed the subject, is often a dead giveaway.

And what motivates such a person to constantly try to bring negative attention onto oneself?

Here's something else from the web:

Quote:
One theory is that persistent trolls are the online equivalent of people who do not (or cannot) distinguish between positive attention (praise, approval) and negative attention (criticism, disapproval), but simply perceive attention = good. I think this is to do with early development/parenting: I suspect they've either come from large families where every child had to fight for parental attention; or one or other parent has been emotionally distant/disengaged and our troll has learned that only the most extreme behaviour is sufficient to win him any attention at all. For whatever reason, any attention is welcome, with the board becoming a parent-substitute in the troll's 'look at me' reenactment of old patterns.

Sound familar?

When I lived in Long Beach, someone from the LB Infoshop had digitized a vhs recording of Kevin on the TV show Politically Incorrect (late 1990s) and I later heard they had put it on YouTube. It was very sad and pathetic, but also hilarious. It totally confirms that Kevin constantly craves negative attention. But I thoroughly searched YouTube and the internet and couldn't find it. If anyone knows where to find it, could you please post the url so all of us can give Kevin even more negative attention, while giving ourselves a laugh?

OliverTwister's picture
OliverTwister
May 6 2007 01:21
Kevin Keating wrote:
Speaking of people with nothing to say who keep repeating themselves, what happened to "OliverTwister?" In the face of the first slight opposition he encountered, he cut and ran -- that's typical of what gets called an anarchist in today's San Francisco Bay Area.

I don't debate with liars, it's about as simple as that.

Anyways I've no doubt you'll be banned soon, and since your relevance in the real world is nil I don't have any need to engage with you more here.

Kevin Keating
May 6 2007 14:52

I've said all I need to say here, in the earlier parts of this dialog of the deaf. The inarticulate, a-political droolers on display here, including NewJerker and troll-guy "Sam Diego" can now have the last word.

I think a definition of an internet troll is that they always do stuff while hiding behind a fake name -- for example, joking about the death of a woman from cancer, as the stool specimen "Sam Diego" did on a now deleted post..

For some reason i can't fathom, these weenies feel a great burning need to pay attention to me. I don't have to return the favor.

MJ's picture
MJ
May 6 2007 17:12

My new theory is that poster "Kevin Keating" is actually someone who hates the dude having a good time.

thugarchist's picture
thugarchist
May 7 2007 00:28
MJ wrote:
My new theory is that poster "Kevin Keating" is actually someone who hates the dude having a good time.

My new theory is that MJ is really Throwhen.

MJ's picture
MJ
May 7 2007 01:31

I found another picture of the Mission Yuppie Eradication Project:

janky
May 7 2007 02:25
Kevin Keating wrote:

Wait Kevin. That's all you got?!

gatorojinegro's picture
gatorojinegro
May 7 2007 03:12

MJ, that earlier shot of the Mission Yuppie Eradication Project demo crossing Dolores St. was taken by me in 1999. since about 2000 or 2001, the Mission Yuppie Eradication Project has consisted solely of Kevin, I believe.

gatorojinegro's picture
gatorojinegro
May 7 2007 03:15

Correction: crossing Guerrero Street, on the way to Dolores Park.

Smash Rich Bastards
May 8 2007 00:56
gatorojinegro wrote:
MJ, that earlier shot of the Mission Yuppie Eradication Project demo crossing Dolores St. was taken by me in 1999. since about 2000 or 2001, the Mission Yuppie Eradication Project has consisted solely of Kevin, I believe.

Wait, I'm confused. If that's true then who is the girl elf in the photo above?

MJ's picture
MJ
May 8 2007 02:29

Nah that picture was also before he purged the rest of the troupe for being so drooling and prolix.

jack straw
May 11 2007 19:45

Keating vs. his enemies:

"...people are wrong to assume the strong dominate the weak. The weak usually manage to pull down the strong; the weak outnumber the strong, and they know it."

Nietzsche, "The Anti-Christ"

MJ's picture
MJ
May 11 2007 20:11

Welcome back Kevin!

Comrade Motopu's picture
Comrade Motopu
May 12 2007 03:52

Keating vs. himself: A one man tragedy

"...people are wrong to assume the strong dominate the weak. The weak usually manage to pull down the strong; the weak outnumber the strong, and they know it."
Nietzsche

The golden fleece of self-satisfaction protects against blows but not against pinpricks.
Nietzsche