Why people on the far-left are very anti Israel?

190 posts / 0 new
Last post
Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 7 2015 07:03

Noclass, I feel you are using too broad a brush in some sweeping statements.

There are a multiplicity of ideologies, however I know of only one material world. The one we live in.

A concern about ideology I think is important, because it is about the struggle of ideas. On the other hand I am not very interested in an individual’s beliefs if it remains inside their heads, though if they wish to cut my head off because I am an ‘unbeliever’, or otherwise abuse myself or others then I am obliged to take heed.

Edit: for strange grammar/sense!

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 6 2015 16:52

noclass #184

‘About 'material' and 'ideology', we cannot separate them, they are actually one thing with multiple dimensions. As, they are both aspects of the same thing…’

Gosh that sounds really good, it must mean something. On the other hand I think my post was very clear. I think teasing out meaning is important. If I have misunderstood your – ‘roll ’em all into one’ statement, perhaps you should clarify?

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 7 2015 06:29

Gid day to you, whippersnapper!

radicalgraffiti
May 7 2015 12:50
noclass wrote:
Struggles against racism, male chauvinism, colonialism, etc. without struggle against wage-slavery in capitalism won't change the world in revolutionary way because all forms of oppressions are part of one thing which is class society.

with out those struggles revolution is imposible

Ed's picture
Ed
May 7 2015 16:17
radicalgraffiti wrote:
noclass wrote:
Struggles against racism, male chauvinism, colonialism, etc. without struggle against wage-slavery in capitalism won't change the world in revolutionary way because all forms of oppressions are part of one thing which is class society.

with out those struggles revolution is imposible

Nor desirable.

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 7 2015 19:08

My feeling is that to view racism, male chauvinism, etc. and capitalism as the ‘one thing’ is not helpful to understand our position.

Racism, male chauvinism, etc., existed long before the historical rise of capitalism. Yes, capitalism is fertile soil for these undesirable beliefs. Presently many people, who hold these views see it as advantageous and some I suspect are oblivious their prejudices.

I think of ‘the revolution’ as a process rather than a single event. It began some time ago. The ‘poison’ we carry in our heads will take much struggle (and time) to overcome, even post the destruction of capitalism. You do not have to be a genius to realize that some present ‘political revolutionaries’ are social reactionaries (though they may talk the talk). The revolution fights on all fronts political, social and personal.

Just to call myself out: I worked with many men, who usually at tea breaks, told me of some of the stuff they had seen and done, particularly in WW2. Crap they would not/could not share with their families. So I’ve prejudices about the Nazis, Japanese (almost wrote ‘Nips’) and most of all the murderous bloody British Army.

Edit:
It would be refreshing if people could write about specifics rather than ambiguous generalities. Like give some bloody examples. What is the sound of one hand clap? It is the sound of zen communism, neither man nor beast, use nor ornament.

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 9 2015 18:28

‘Gid day’, go watch Crocodile Dundee.

EDIT:
Deleted a cheap shot.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
May 9 2015 23:29

What the fuck are the two of you bickering about?

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
May 10 2015 17:59

Khawaga #200

Once upon a time ahhhh.....zzzzzzzZ