WSM/Organise! TUs and conference

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
malatested
Mar 16 2006 17:39
WSM/Organise! TUs and conference

There seems to be some interest in this subject on another thread and I think it's worth discussing. My own take on this?

On a practical level, and by that I mean what members of both organisations do within TUs either as members/reps, beyond semantics, I see little difference in how either organisation operates. Des Derwin-gate was a surprise for us in Organise! though I learnt later that WSM was itself divided on this though it would be of concern to us if it happened again. Long-term revolutionary objectives, ie the kind of stuff that can get bogged down in theory, aren't that dissimilar, and if they vary, vary as much inter-organisationally.

I would second, or third, the call for a conference and perhaps even on the north where again, practically, eg OO, some WSMers, maybe all, have moved closer to us. At the very least it would help serve to stop personality clashes interfering with sensible debate on such places like libcom.

I think we need to be honest about things like mutual aid and voluntary cooperation, lovely anarchist dictums, but ones which in reality don't really happen that often outside of buying one another's magazine. Yes, geography is one problem, but we don't inhabit the biggest country in the world, after all.

Deezer
Mar 16 2006 21:41

Yeah, but why do you need a whole thread to yerself to say this when it coulda just went on the other one?

confused

circle A red n black star

malatested
Mar 17 2006 11:43

Your good self on another thread...

"Also this should probably be a new thread. Wadda ya wanna call it - Organise! & WSM on unions or Organise! and WSM what is the main contention?"

...and because another is a poll that has gone off the rails