Are users advised not to make themselves personally identifiable?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RevolutionaryJace
Apr 10 2013 00:50
Are users advised not to make themselves personally identifiable?

I know some leftist forums that encourage this or even have this as a rule. I can't find a guideline here on libcom touching on this. If there is one, can someone link me to it? Well, actually you could just tell me. Whatever, I'm confusing myself. Okay, description ending now.

Armchair Anarchist's picture
Armchair Anarchist
Apr 10 2013 07:26

From the registration page:

Quote:
Note that libcom.org is known to be read regularly by the police and media. New users are strongly advised to adopt a pseudonym for use on the forums to retain anonymity, and should be careful to respect the anonymity of others.

http://libcom.org/user/register

RevolutionaryJace
Apr 10 2013 10:39

Thanks very much. I don't know why I didn't see that, but nevertheless I couldn't find it for some reason. Thank you.

Armchair Anarchist's picture
Armchair Anarchist
Apr 10 2013 17:52

No worries. Most people will skip the block of text and head straight to the actionable content (text entry fields). The register page could do with revising tbh. Imo, of course.

Spiorad Saor
Apr 22 2013 05:58

It wouldn't be wise to give out exact locations or anything but unless you are using a very good proxy LEO could track your IP address easy enough. That is unless this board is set up in a way to make that very hard for the law to do.

Personally i couldn't give a shit as i don't do anything illegal anyway and i can't see the law wasting their time on me. Then again you never know with the pigs

Topic locked