Funniest thing you read today

1362 posts / 0 new
Last post
redsdisease
Dec 2 2015 00:43
Fleur wrote:
radicalgraffiti wrote:

"You're breaking the NAP!"

Seriously, that made my day when I read that :)

Yeah, I laughed pretty hard at that.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 2 2015 09:53

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Dec 2 2015 14:07
Fleur wrote:
radicalgraffiti wrote:

"You're breaking the NAP!"

Seriously, that made my day when I read that :)

So, that was pretty damn funny, but what's the NAP?

wojtek
Dec 2 2015 16:32

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/deluded-individual-has-sense-...

Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Dec 2 2015 16:36
Chilli Sauce wrote:

So, that was pretty damn funny, but what's the NAP?

Non Aggression Principle.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Dec 2 2015 16:47
Quote:
Stop initiating violence against me!

Oh Jesus, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Libcom. Still, I might just work, I'll give it a try next time I'm getting the shit kicked out of me!

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Dec 2 2015 17:15

Oh wow, that reddit post is priceless.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 5 2015 21:30

wojtek
Dec 6 2015 06:58

There was an academic conference on the history of beards
http://notchesblog.com/2015/12/01/hirsute-histories-a-notches-special-is...

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 11 2015 13:22

http://macarthur.charismanews.com/culture/53743-compelling-historical-ev...

Soapy's picture
Soapy
Dec 11 2015 15:20

Paypal donations=participation in the "political revolution"?

works for libcomers I guess wink

ocelot's picture
ocelot
Dec 11 2015 16:21
radicalgraffiti wrote:
Surprised no one posted this yet
https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/3ucp8y/i_was_beat_u...

LOL

NAP-sack

ocelot's picture
ocelot
Dec 11 2015 16:21

Pub plays Peppa Pig theme as police walk in, gets official warning

wojtek
Dec 17 2015 23:55

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xD5ppyrL_c

Ivysyn's picture
Ivysyn
Dec 18 2015 02:39

I have a bunch of random FB friends so I have some like Maoists and tankies on there and I had stumbled across one of the Maoists' posts rambling incoherently about right deviationism and opportunism. It pissed me off more then made me laugh, but hey, I am sure there are people that would laugh at that.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 22 2015 14:43

Jason Cortez
Dec 22 2015 15:59

where did you find this gem of enlightenment?

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 22 2015 17:53
Jason Cortez wrote:
where did you find this gem of enlightenment?

https://www.facebook.com/Meantrots-675045492617890/

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Dec 24 2015 21:28

From 38 degrees:

'Imagine Christmas without the BBC. No more Queen’s Speech as you sit down to enjoy lunch. No episodes of Only Fools and Horses or Doctor Who. This could be a reality if the government gets its way. They want to rip apart the BBC so that media moguls like Murdoch can rule the airwaves.'

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Dec 24 2015 22:52
Auld-bod wrote:
From 38 degrees:

'Imagine Christmas without the BBC. No more Queen’s Speech as you sit down to enjoy lunch. No episodes of Only Fools and Horses or Doctor Who. This could be a reality if the government gets its way. They want to rip apart the BBC so that media moguls like Murdoch can rule the airwaves.'

Imagine Christmas without Turkey. What you having this year Auld Bod? Or do you not do the silly Christmas dinner nonsense anyway? I normally have some pasta or something while my meat eating family have the traditional works but this year, without a request from me my chef daughter has decided to cook a vegan version of a trad Christmas dinner. I suppose I should be grateful but yuk! Anyway, what ya having comrade?
BTW, I really do have a flat cap, it is however made from a fine country tweed, as befitting the extremely rural nature of where I live and also because I have upper class pretensions.

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Dec 28 2015 08:32

Webby #547
Had dinner with small family group all wolfing down Aberdeen Angus beef. Sat opposite two young folk in their twenties and remembered I’d played chess with their dad when he was half their age. Now just get the New Year out of the way and I can relax – being sociable is a bit stressful – two years ago had too much to drink and got into a blazing argument about immigrants – with everyone shame faced in the morning. Hope you had a good time.

wojtek
Jan 7 2016 19:03

I think i may have a date with a banker haha

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Jan 8 2016 12:09

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Jan 10 2016 14:57

I'm torn between these two stories from the same page, http://www.retroweb.com/lynchburg/attractions/main.html

Quote:
"The Spock"
(The World's Only Church of Star Trek)

A few miles south of Lynchburg in Campbell County sits a large and attractive octagonal building which is home to one of most unique churches in the world. Founded in 1977, "The Spock," as the church is called, is the world's only church of Star Trek, a religion centered on the popular 1960's television series featuring the adventures of a crew of interstellar explorers. "The Spock" promotes beliefs associated with one of the popular characters in the TV series, Mr. Spock, who was from a peace-loving race of aliens known as "Vulcans." The ideology of the church is centered on so-called Vulcan philosophy which includes the belief in pure "logic" and which emphasizes a lifestyle devoid of emotion. A huge stained-glass likeness of the church's namesake is featured in the sanctuary, where churchgoers recite sequences of dialogue from the series and participate in what they call a "Holy Mind Meld." Many church members wear stick-on pointed ears (mimicking those of the TV character) during services and at other church functions (in one case of excessive dedication to the "faith," one member attempted to have his ears surgically altered but with disastrous results, requiring extensive corrective surgery). "The Spock" is not without controversy, as reportedly in the late 1980's disagreement arose within the church over the lengths to which members should go in emulating the purely logical and emotionless Vulcan approach to life. Some members advocated a reasonable degree of emotion (citing Mr. Spock's half-human side), but a core group of hard-line members insisted on a rigid adherence to Vulcan ideology. The stricter view won out, and as a result, several members left the church and publicly denounced its practices. One resentful former member went so far as to publish a science fiction story based on his rigid and stifling upbringing in the faith, a story which concludes with the destruction of the Campbell County sanctuary by a "phaser" blast from an orbiting "starship" at his command. Despite the dissent, "The Spock" boasts a membership today of over 120, and actively campaigns for new members at area fan conventions and at Star Trek movie showings in local theatres. Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played Mr. Spock in Star Trek, has refused comment on "The Spock."

Or this,

Quote:
The Southern Liberal Confederation

Most Lynchburg residents are aware of the highly-publicized political organization that was once based here, Jerry Falwell's "Moral Majority." Few are aware, however, of another political organization that was founded in Lynchburg, an unusual group which reportedly once boasted 200,000 members. The "Southern Liberal Confederation," as it is called, promoted an unusual mix of offbeat views with a "southern heritage" theme. The Southern Liberal Confederation was founded in 1980 by Lynchburg resident Ted Cumby, who claimed that by 1988 the group's ranks had swollen to over 200,000 members across the South. The SLC was strictly an underground operation until 1996, when Cumby conducted an unsuccessful candidacy for Lynchburg City Council. Making no public appearances, Cumby's campaign relied instead on a local media blitz with videotaped ads in which Cumby (seen left) angrily denounced "the North" with statements such as "We are disillusioned by the growing right wing during the Reagan years, the continued acts of Northern aggression against the Southland and the continued de-funding of our Southern culture and heritage. We particularly resent the overall Northern mind set that Southerners are stupid, and we are determined to consolidate all Southern liberals into a single political force to resist this growing menace and its infiltration of Southern politics."

In addition to demanding the halting of garbage and waste shipments from Northern states into Virginia and other Southern states, Cumby also advocated that the government "suspend tax exemptions from businesses masquerading as churches," "halt the removal of historic Southern symbols, statues, and artifacts from public display," "ban trigger-locks," "lower the legal age of consent," "require unattractive people to wear more clothing," "relax immigration laws, except those pertaining to Northern Europeans," "raise speed limits on residential streets," "allow for the formation of a Southern economic trading block" and "lift restrictions on public breast-feeding." Cumby also called for adding an extra thirty seconds to the mandatory "moment of silence" in Virginia public schools.

Lynchburg voters soundly rejected the bizarre assemblage of views in the SLC platform and gave Cumby less than one percent of the vote. Cumby delivered a bitter concession speech (again by videocassette) in which he vowed "Lynchburg and the nation hasn't seen the last of the Southern Liberal Confederation. Northern tyranny will fall, and the South will rise again. More importantly, all Americans will eventually realize that drug abuse is a medical, and not a criminal problem." Following his unsuccessful bid for city council, Cumby retreated to his mountain abode where he continues to live, coordinating the efforts of the Southern Liberal Confederation through his high-speed satellite Internet connection.

(There is no affiliation between this web site and the SLC)

James MacBryde's picture
James MacBryde
Jan 10 2016 15:37

German Safety Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G95n427P9-w

Sharkfinn
Jan 10 2016 19:37

The Oregon standoff

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2016/1/8/oregon-standoff-what-if-t...

Fleur
Jan 10 2016 20:01

Apparently they neglected to bring anything with them for their siege - food, survival gear, clothing, smokes, stationary, french vanilla creamer.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/from-tampons-to-french-vanilla-creamer-armed-oregon-militants-update-their-occupation-wish-list/

petey
Jan 10 2016 21:40
Fleur wrote:
Apparently they neglected to bring anything with them for their siege - food, survival gear, clothing, smokes, stationary, french vanilla creamer.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/from-tampons-to-french-vanilla-creamer-armed-oregon-militants-update-their-occupation-wish-list/

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Jan 13 2016 17:14

http://www.workers.org/articles/2016/01/12/wwp-sends-message-of-solidari...

Guardia Rossa's picture
Guardia Rossa
Jan 14 2016 11:29

"Marxist theory of Nationalism"

"links to Stalin book"