California police kill again

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jul 28 2011 08:26
California police kill again

Police in Fullerton, California, beat and tasered a mentally homeless man, in full view of about 50 people, and with people filming.

Police then lied, saying that trying to subdue him two of them suffered broken bones, which was untrue.

Article, along with disturbing photos and video here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019225/Police-beat-taser-gentle-mentally-ill-homeless-man-Kelly-Thomas-37-death.html#ixzz1TKUs6w88

Hieronymous's picture
Hieronymous
Jul 28 2011 09:13
Samotnaf wrote:
...Do you get any feeling at all that these things could suddenly spring into something big? I know that's pure speculation, but from conversations you've heard or been in...? or what?

This was asked on the thread about cops murdering people in San Francisco. My reply was that parts of California seem like a powder keg ready to blow. Today I was taking a bus through the Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco and saw a brawl at the entrance to Golden Gate Park where Haight ends at Stanyan. Seemed like some of the dozen or so lumpen kids were having a go at each other, but it wasn't play. They were really punching the shit out of each other.

At the same time there was the riot on Hollywood Boulevard.

I came across this clip filmed a couple days ago in downtown San Francisco (the action happens about 45 seconds into the video):

As the economy continues to implode, I see more and more violence in what sadly seems like a war of all-against-all. But it's the cops that seem most aggressive -- even bloodthirsty.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jul 28 2011 10:00

Cops are dangerous, it's not just protesters they put in hospital, they do this just for the fun of it.

Samotnaf
Jul 28 2011 12:10
Quote:
Cops are dangerous, it's not just protesters they put in hospital, they do this just for the fun of it.

No no - they're just workers in uniform.

Hieronymous - the implosion (beating the shit out of each other - or doing it in nasy malicious internet-written ways, for instance) has been with us for some time, and, sure, it's getting worse...but this next year - with things hotting up globally, and with the reasons for mass action intensifying - I don't think it's just wishful-thinking that makes me feel the explosion coming will be outwards, against our common enemies (though at the same time, the bitterness will also be towards those dragging their feet or avoiding this class conscious expression of repressed rage, plus the usual feeling that the slightest bruising of an ever-narrowing ego is worth killing for, or worth responding with the craziest expressions of deceitful vituperation... ). btw, posted that reference to the hollywood boulevard riot here. Probably not worth a separate news item, but it was nice to read it this morning, so I put it up.

CRUD's picture
CRUD
Jul 28 2011 21:33
Hieronymous wrote:
Samotnaf wrote:
...Do you get any feeling at all that these things could suddenly spring into something big? I know that's pure speculation, but from conversations you've heard or been in...? or what?

This was asked on the thread about cops murdering people in San Francisco. My reply was that parts of California seem like a powder keg ready to blow. Today I was taking a bus through the Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco and saw a brawl at the entrance to Golden Gate Park where Haight ends at Stanyan. Seemed like some of the dozen or so lumpen kids were having a go at each other, but it wasn't play. They were really punching the shit out of each other.

At the same time there was the riot on Hollywood Boulevard.

I came across this clip filmed a couple days ago in downtown San Francisco (the action happens about 45 seconds into the video):

As the economy continues to implode, I see more and more violence in what sadly seems like a war of all-against-all. But it's the cops that seem most aggressive -- even bloodthirsty.

How long have you lived in SF? The GG park entrance by Stanyan has been a hang out for "gutter punks" and small time drug dealers for decades and if anything it's calmed down a lot over the years. In the 80's the SF Dogs and ScumFux (gutter punk gangs) would have brawls all the time all around the city. The tenderloin has always been a tad chaotic and the Mission district pre gentrification was a murder zone much like the Filmore district was.

The clubs have always had violent incidences (drunk people) ....COPS are indeed bloodthirsty. I'm not sure if economic crisis will cause violence...I once thought it would cause more property crimes, theft and such but someone showed me statistics showing that during recessions crime actually goes down. I'll try to dig those up online when I have the time.

Hieronymous's picture
Hieronymous
Jul 29 2011 05:34

Since voters passed the "sit/lie" Measure L last November, it's illegal to sit or lie on the sidewalk in San Francisco. This has allowed the pigs to push all those "gutter punks" to the entrance to Golden Gate Park at Stanyan. No more panhandling in front of the pizza places, liquor stores, or shops along Haight Street.

The brawl I saw yesterday seemed more racial, when before I saw fights there that seemed to be more about turf.

As for the security guard attacking the guy outside the Warfield, that whole stretch of Market Street between 5th and 7th Streets has been slated for redevelopment over the last several years (remember the Fangxaminer?). Hence the recently planted palm trees on 6th St. -- and the Warfield is just across the street from "shady 6th" which is slowly getting gentrified with all the new hipster bars. And it's a block down from the Civic Center BART Station where Charles Hill was murdered by BART pigs on July 3rd.

Despite statistics, property crimes are way up in San Francisco and throughout California. Everyday I hear of someone tackling someone for trying to steal the tip jar from some cafe all over the city. And the level of interracial violence is an everyday occurrence on public transit -- from what I've seen it's mostly black-on-Asian, but I've seen a couple all-against-all mini-race-riots in places like the Tenderloin. In the 25 years I've been here I've never seen it this bad.

CRUD's picture
CRUD
Jul 29 2011 22:43
Hieronymous wrote:
Since voters passed the "sit/lie" Measure L last November, it's illegal to sit or lie on the sidewalk in San Francisco. This has allowed the pigs to push all those "gutter punks" to the entrance to Golden Gate Park at Stanyan. No more panhandling in front of the pizza places, liquor stores, or shops along Haight Street.

The brawl I saw yesterday seemed more racial, when before I saw fights there that seemed to be more about turf.

As for the security guard attacking the guy outside the Warfield, that whole stretch of Market Street between 5th and 7th Streets has been slated for redevelopment over the last several years (remember the Fangxaminer?). Hence the recently planted palm trees on 6th St. -- and the Warfield is just across the street from "shady 6th" which is slowly getting gentrified with all the new hipster bars. And it's a block down from the Civic Center BART Station where Charles Hill was murdered by BART pigs on July 3rd.

Despite statistics, property crimes are way up in San Francisco and throughout California. Everyday I hear of someone tackling someone for trying to steal the tip jar from some cafe all over the city. And the level of interracial violence is an everyday occurrence on public transit -- from what I've seen it's mostly black-on-Asian, but I've seen a couple all-against-all mini-race-riots in places like the Tenderloin. In the 25 years I've been here I've never seen it this bad.

Race riots in the Tenderloin....that would be madness. I lived at 990 Geary for 2 years and never saw a race riot- more so white upper class people being assaulted by crack heads. San Fransisco has always been a rough city but somehow has the reputation of a haven for hippies and such.

All the new laws....Gavin Newsom was a bastard...in 2003 I voted for Matt Gonzalez so you can't blame me smile

Hieronymous's picture
Hieronymous
Jul 29 2011 23:08

It was Halloween night 2010 after the bars let out and at the corner of O'Farrell and Larkin dozens of black and white kids were beating each other bloody (I only saw it so closely because the 38 inbound bus stopped because the intersection was blocked). Not the first time I saw a melee like that.

I don't vote.

CRUD's picture
CRUD
Jul 30 2011 08:59
Hieronymous wrote:
It was Halloween night 2010 after the bars let out and at the corner of O'Farrell and Larkin dozens of black and white kids were beating each other bloody (I only saw it so closely because the 38 inbound bus stopped because the intersection was blocked). Not the first time I saw a melee like that.

I don't vote.

Ya I stopped voting but local elections can make some sort of menial impact. I have no illusions we have an actual democracy here...vote shmote.