DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

EDL crash anarchist meeting

109 posts / 0 new
Last post
Noparasan
Offline
Joined: 28-06-10
Jul 3 2010 20:15
EDL crash anarchist meeting

http://s1.zetaBROKENboards .com/EDL_The_Forum/topic/3541077/1/#new

Just in case anyone doubted what a threat they are to the left.

Quote:
Just back from challenging the 'Anti-fascist Action Coalition' http://yorks-afed.org/ meeting (already discussed on these forums)

I would like to put a brief account (full account will be posted latter) of the EDLs actions of the days events across before the reds/anarchists do so but with their usual lies.

Myself and 4 others including Snowy (agreed to me mentioning his name) went to the location of the meeting, pressed the buzzer on the door and let the caretaker of the building know we were there for the anti-EDL meeting (there was a hand written note on the door saying the meeting was there) we were let into the building and went upstairs to the meeting.

We were expecting a group of black-bloc hardcore militant street fighting anarchists but was met with the usual UAF type mongs apart from one individual (more about him in the full report)

Snowy started off by trying to blagg the cretins by saying we were anti-fascists from Wakefield, but it didn't take long for them to realises who we were due to our superior hygeine.

Snowy then tried to educate the wasters about the errors of their ways but it soon became a reality that the brave class warriors were not up for a discussion as a big lad (we believe he was from Norway) decided to stand up and try to walk out. Snowy and myself talked him round by saying we were there for a democratic debate and not for violence, but he seemed to think we were there for violence as he was shaking like a leaf.

It ended up with the reds/anarchists realising that we within the EDL will challenge them wherever they challenge us, anywhere, anytime and any place.

Sorry the report is so short but I will go more into what was said during the spat latter as I have to go out very soon, just wanted to get the our side of the story across before the reds/anarchist come out with "EDL rapist, jew, cat and hampster killers threaten little bo peep with candy floss and machine guns" type sh1te.

admin: link broken

thegonzokid's picture
thegonzokid
Offline
Joined: 23-07-09
Jul 3 2010 20:28

Clearly better defence for such meetings needs to be a top priority.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 3 2010 20:31

shit. Obviously they are watching these boards.

Noparasan
Offline
Joined: 28-06-10
Jul 3 2010 20:32
thegonzokid wrote:
Clearly better defence for such meetings needs to be a top priority.

Indeed. I was planning to go to it, but couldn't afford the fucking train, wish I had gone. We can't have them turning up and thinking they can do what they please, its bang out of order and undermines our capacity to debate issues and get involved in unified action.

Noparasan
Offline
Joined: 28-06-10
Jul 3 2010 20:34
Tommy Ascaso wrote:
Was this the meeting that someone invited you to on another thread? Were you there?

Yes, it is that one.

No, I couldn't attend, as I live in Newcastle, but I'm going to meet them for Bradford.

This meeting was posted on the EDL board as soon as it came up on revleft, literally a friend of mine posted it on revleft and within a day it was on the EDL board. I monitor the EDL board all the time and I don't think they know about this site but the definitely are on revleft all the fucking time.

Noparasan
Offline
Joined: 28-06-10
Jul 3 2010 20:35
Tommy Ascaso wrote:
thegonzokid wrote:
Clearly better defence for such meetings needs to be a top priority.

Not making them public seems to be enough.

Then how are we going to gather numbers? We need to be more secure but at the same time surely it will be detrimental to our cause if we isolate ourselves completely?

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 3 2010 20:38
Tommy Ascaso wrote:
thegonzokid wrote:
Clearly better defence for such meetings needs to be a top priority.

Not making them public seems to be enough.

But that in turn means we can't talk to/recruit members of the public.

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 3 2010 20:43

Does noone think this demonstrates a fundamental issue with "anti-fascist" organising in this present moment and time which claims to be "no platform"?

Noparasan
Offline
Joined: 28-06-10
Jul 3 2010 20:45
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
Does noone think this demonstrates a fundamental issue with "anti-fascist" organising in this present moment and time which claims to be "no platform"?

what exactly do you mean?

If you mean do we need to rethink tactics then I think its a definite yes!

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 3 2010 21:08

More strategy than tactics. EDL probably have a bigger shock troop corps than the militant antifascists, who are also subject to hostility and even open betrayal by their liberal "brothers and sisters".

Moreover, there's a real risk of EDL managing to disassociate themselves from the far right. I accept that their MO is undoubtedly of the far right, but their choice of another far right faction as their enemy (at least ostensibly), as well as their open dismissal of the historical far right somewhat muddies the waters.

Of course, this is without even mentioning the fundamental problem with these street setpieces, which are every bit as spectacular and stage-managed as summit meeting protests. So called "antifascists" need to move beyond merely paying lipservice to confronting "the causes of fascism" (which is ultimately about as profound as a Tory who claims to act against "the causes of crime") and instead try to instigate positive neighbourhood-based initiatives capable of self-defense.

One of the things that defines "activism" is its constant oppositional stance - against this news story, against that burning issue. Anti-bad stuff, maaan! You need to be proactive.

Noparasan
Offline
Joined: 28-06-10
Jul 3 2010 21:23
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
More strategy than tactics. EDL probably have a bigger shock troop corps than the militant antifascists, who are also subject to hostility and even open betrayal by their liberal "brothers and sisters".

Moreover, there's a real risk of EDL managing to disassociate themselves from the far right. I accept that their MO is undoubtedly of the far right, but their choice of another far right faction as their enemy (at least ostensibly), as well as their open dismissal of the historical far right somewhat muddies the waters.

Of course, this is without even mentioning the fundamental problem with these street setpieces, which are every bit as spectacular and stage-managed as summit meeting protests. So called "antifascists" need to move beyond merely paying lipservice to confronting "the causes of fascism" (which is ultimately about as profound as a Tory who claims to act against "the causes of crime") and instead try to instigate positive neighbourhood-based initiatives capable of self-defense.

One of the things that defines "activism" is its constant oppositional stance - against this news story, against that burning issue. Anti-bad stuff, maaan! You need to be proactive.

I agree- have you heard the Whitechapel anarchist group youtube videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPRfEHxDRwA

very interesting I think.

We need to combine community action and informing the people in the EDL who arent racist but are simply fearful (the ones who are scared of losing jobs and blame it on Islam) etc. while also making sure we can militantly defend ourselves from the fascists in the EDL, because to me theres a real risk that the EDL sweeps just a teeny bit further right and starts oppressing the left and by then we may not be able to fight back. For example a year ago we could have had as many anti-fascist meetings as we wanted untouched, now we have to cope with thugs turning up. they're forcing us underground.

Iron_Fist
Offline
Joined: 17-06-10
Jul 3 2010 21:29

this has become something of a passtime for certain EDL members. they show up mob handed at meetings and throw thier weight around to intimidate those attending. they claim theyre there for democratic debate blah blah blah but thats the last thing on thier minds. they are racist football casuals and bullies, standing up to them in an aggressive manner is counter productive and only plays them at thier own game, one wich theyve had more practice then you at. then, having won thier stupid little victory, they scurry home to write lopsided reports and wave thier dicks around for thier mates to applaud.

its all rather pathetic really. for a group that claims to have formed in resistance to extremist islamic teaching, they spend an awful lot of time worrying about UAF and other Antifa organisations. why dont they go to mosques and try to break prayer meetings up? because theyd get thier stupid heads handed to them, thats why.

the tactics we have adopted in scotland have been successful and none of our meetings have been disrupted in this way. those tactics are simple enough. our meetings are opn and public and anybody is welcome. the SDL dont show up because theyre a bunch of cowards and know we massively outnumber them. the anarchist and antifa groups in england MUST co-operate and and gather numbers to meetings and demos. this is the only way to defeat them.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 4 2010 12:23

shit just clicked on the link again which nopasaran gave-

http://s1.zetaBROKENboards .com/EDL_The_Forum/topic/3541077/1/#new

and they admit to keeping an eye on libcom posts. So beware the EDL check this site often and may use it to plan attacks on anti fash meetings. So perhaps don't give info of antifash meetings on here.

btw to the edl'ers and arthur watching, your little england politics and tactics are only causing problems in british society and turning working class people against each other. You are doing the states job for them of divide and rule. Well done and continue your tactics of bullying the left and the anarchists with your football hooligan tactics, we may be weak(you can get more footsoldiers/fighters) but our arguments are water tight(anarchist/libertarian communist). The war that should be fought is a class war not a fucking race/religious war. Keep working for the rich and capitalists. Traitors.

admin: link broken

radicalgraffiti
Offline
Joined: 4-11-07
Jul 4 2010 13:32

the links to the edl forum should be broken

i notice most of them still don't have the slights clue about the different anti fascist organisation, to them any one who opposes them is uaf and do so becasue they love islam roll eyes wall

well i guess we shouldn't really expect better from a bunch of idiots who think islams remotely a threat in the uk, and the best way to change things is to have a big piss up with all there racist mates

Farce's picture
Farce
Offline
Joined: 21-04-09
Jul 4 2010 13:40

As radical graffiti says, don't post direct links to hostile sites, that's just fucking stupid.

StopRacismandFascism
Offline
Joined: 4-07-10
Jul 4 2010 13:47

As one of the anti-fascist who attended the meeting yesterday, although not one of the organisers, I thought I might post some observations.
The EDL gatecrashing of the meeting did not stop the meeting. They didn't close it down, we didn't walk out. We had a 20 minute interruption and they went away. After they left we continued to plan building a democratic working class campaign in the town against them.
In the arguments we had with them they were quite put on the back foot. Led by Dudley Mosque occupier Snowy Nesbitt who claimed he was opposed to racism but admitted that many they organise are violent racists but they are 'dealing with them'. Admitted that 'Tommy Robinson' was ex-BNP but was a reformed man. Laughable stuff.
Couldn't deny that the EDL was doing nothing to defend jobs or fight cuts. It was clear to all anti-fascists and I would guess a number of other EDLers that the EDL have nothing other than hysterical street racism to build from.
We perhaps should have stopped them getting in the first place but we certainly shouldn't start operating covertly. Over the next couple of months we need to link together thousands to oppose them on the streets. The open inclusive working class campaign that Leeds AFED have kicked off should be supported by all. And the next meeting will be bigger and big enough to discourage the EDL coming near much as the situation is reported by the Scottish comrades.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 4 2010 14:25
xurbanpiratedreamerx wrote:
Theres a fucking elephant in the room here guys and its got a rather obvious fucking typo in it. J'accuse.

Who? I think I know who your talking about but I don't wanna make accusations.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Jul 4 2010 14:29
Quote:
It ended up with the reds/anarchists realising that we within the EDL will challenge them wherever they challenge us, anywhere, anytime and any place.

I think this is the key point. Firstly as it's base is in the football casual scene (or at least those that want there to be one) they're quite happy to get involved in street brawls and as they're openly claiming not to be racist they are going to benefit from some casual support, especially as they're painting the others as the aggressors. I'm not sure how much politics comes into this in the sense of the old NF types but using 'reds' suggest that this has ideological elements.

Anti-fascism in the 80s from what I have heard worked, but I just don't know enough about it, certainly not enough to take it as read that a street strategy will defeat the EDL. Although it's hard to think about letting the EDL go unopposed it's also difficult to fight them on the streets where anything other than a total battering is only likely to bring in more recruits. This kind of gang culture is unlikely to work for anarchists, and if it does bring recruits I'm not sure if they would be good ones. To be honest letting them sit outside mosques until they get bored could work.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 4 2010 14:34

I am keen to read the soon to be released AFA book and see if they mention the EDL in the conclusion?

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 4 2010 14:49
Arthur wrote:
Come on guys, stay united, many of us EDL are on these enemy sites, we have to, got to keep up with what they are up to and how they think.

Arthur.

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Jul 4 2010 14:49

They also reckon Antifa's smarter than UAF? groucho

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 4 2010 14:50
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
Arthur wrote:
Come on guys, stay united, many of us EDL are on these enemy sites, we have to, got to keep up with what they are up to and how they think.

Arthur.

Surely the ban hammer will come down on Arthur after that little slip up?

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 4 2010 14:51
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
They also reckon Antifa's smarter than UAF? groucho

I think its cause antifa don't call them nazis and they are respected for that or something along those lines.

Neptune
Offline
Joined: 4-07-10
Jul 4 2010 15:23
radicalgraffiti wrote:

well i guess we shouldn't really expect better from a bunch of idiots who think islams remotely a threat in the uk

So according to you Radical Islam is not remotely a threat?

Have you saw "Undercover Mosque"? It exposed the hate that is being preached in some Mosques. One of the 7/7 bombers,Mohammad Sidique Khan, was radicalised in the UK by the radical Muslim cleric Abdullah el-Faisal. Abdullah el-Faisal was an Imam at Brixton Mosque.

Radical Islam is a hugh problem in Britain http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6824884.ece

The goverment needs to do more, starting with investigating all Mosques in the UK as well as halting all construction of any new Mosques until all existing ones have been investigated. As I already said, "Undercover Mosque" exposed what is being preached in Mosques, the hate being preached in these Mosques could inspire Muslims to plan terrorist attacks in the UK. Heres an example http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1845218.stm.

Hopefully I won't be banned from this forum as I just want to debate, I'm a EDL supporter as you have probably guessed. I'd just like to add that I'm not against ordinary Muslims.

gypsy
Offline
Joined: 20-09-09
Jul 4 2010 15:36

Arthur can testify that he was not banned from this site even though he has came out as an edl'er. We know radical islam is a threat and we are against it. But we also realise it is not the biggest threat to british workers and people around the world. Things which affect all working class people in britain regardless of faith or colour such as job cuts, strikes etc(many more people die in work related accidents in the uk than by jihadi killers) are being ignored by the EDL. Infact you call anyone who goes on strike commies or reds or unwashed. When they are just trying to protect their jobs and conditions! and believe it or not are not actually involved in an NWO commie conspiracy! We are getting exploited everyday by capitalism and I have not heard of one critique of this unjust system coming from your members.

You say you are not against ordinary muslims but your rhetoric and actions suggest otherwise. Why are you not also against, christianity and judaism and other religions? I know alot of you guys love getting pissed and heading off to instigate fights with asians and smash a few of them in. Sure there most be a buzz taking part in mob violence but is it really gonna smash radical islam? I think not! Infact you are helping those extremist cunts recruit many more moderate muslims with your tactics.

Farce's picture
Farce
Offline
Joined: 21-04-09
Jul 4 2010 15:43
Neptune wrote:
radicalgraffiti wrote:

well i guess we shouldn't really expect better from a bunch of idiots who think islams remotely a threat in the uk

So according to you Radical Islam is not remotely a threat?

Have you saw "Undercover Mosque"? It exposed the hate that is being preached in some Mosques.

I've not seen it, but I'm sure there are lots of Muslims who talk all kinds of mental shite. But I'm sure you must be aware that people talking big doesn't mean they're actually going to do anything - if all the people who talk about the EDL on the internet actually did what they talk about, we'd be seeing massive battles on a regular basis, which clearly isn't actually case. The last census found that Muslims make up 2.7% of the population. Even if every single one of them was a fundamentalist nutjob, which they won't all be, 2.7% of the population aren't going to be able to take over shit.

Back on topic, I think this incident demonstrates one of the two ways the EDL could become a serious problem. Obviously, them turning up to anti-fascist meetings is a bad thing in itself, but as long as they restrict themselves to that then they're only a problem for people with the time/energy/inclination to do anti-fascism, but if, in the coming period of class conflict, they incorporate, or are persuaded to incorporate "greedy trade unionists" sabotaging the national interest into their narrative then the results could be fucking disastrous. (The other way being the obvious full-scale race riot).

Neptune
Offline
Joined: 4-07-10
Jul 4 2010 16:13
allybaba wrote:
You say you are not against ordinary muslims but your rhetoric and actions suggest otherwise. Why are you not also against, christianity and judaism and other religions? I know alot of you guys love getting pissed and heading off to instigate fights with asians and smash a few of them in. Sure there most be a buzz taking part in mob violence but is it really gonna smash radical islam? I think not! Infact you are helping those extremist cunts recruit many more moderate muslims with your tactics.

If an organization is described by the media as racist then its obviously going to attract racists. The aims of the EDL are not against ordinary Muslims, the aims of the EDL are to get the goverment to wake up and realise how much of a threat radical Islam is to the UK. We recently managed to force the venue of a Islamic hate conference to pull the plug, forcing the hate conference to move venue. The aims of the EDL are against radical Islam, not ordinary Muslims. We don't want racists but like I said before, if an organization is described as racist then obviously racists will be attracted to it.

You say some of us love getting into fights with Asians, well here is an Asian EDL supporter at our demo at Dudley. She was welcomed by the EDL.

Neptune
Offline
Joined: 4-07-10
Jul 4 2010 16:32
Farce wrote:
I've not seen it, but I'm sure there are lots of Muslims who talk all kinds of mental shite. But I'm sure you must be aware that people talking big doesn't mean they're actually going to do anything

What if these Muslims had succeeded
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6824884.ece
So many people would have died.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
Jul 4 2010 17:23
Neptune wrote:
Farce wrote:
I've not seen it, but I'm sure there are lots of Muslims who talk all kinds of mental shite. But I'm sure you must be aware that people talking big doesn't mean they're actually going to do anything

What if these Muslims had succeeded
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6824884.ece
So many people would have died.

IF they had succeeded.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/17/flying_toilet_terror_labs/
Which was very unlikely.

I can see why the EDL needs an enemy and I can see why anarchists might end up being that enemy but I don't feel the need to get drawn into streetfighting with a group that considers that an end in itself.

Neptune
Offline
Joined: 4-07-10
Jul 4 2010 18:05
jef costello wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Farce wrote:
I've not seen it, but I'm sure there are lots of Muslims who talk all kinds of mental shite. But I'm sure you must be aware that people talking big doesn't mean they're actually going to do anything

What if these Muslims had succeeded
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6824884.ece
So many people would have died.

IF they had succeeded.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/17/flying_toilet_terror_labs/
Which was very unlikely.

The point I was making was there are lots of Muslims in the UK that want to commit terrorist acts, the chances are there will be another terrorist attack or attempted attack in the UK. Lives are at stake and as I've said before lots of Muslims are being radicalised in Britain, one of the 7/7 bombers was radicalized in England. The 7/7 bomber I'm referring to was Mohammad Sidique Khan who was radicalized by Abdullah el-Faisal. Abdullah el-Faisal was a imam at Brixton Mosque.

I advise you to watch "Undercover Mosque"

flaneur's picture
flaneur
Offline
Joined: 25-02-09
Jul 4 2010 17:59
Neptune wrote:
She was welcomed by the EDL.

The token Asian at an EDL event. This proves you are not racists.