Firing in Poland

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
zsp's picture
zsp
Jan 3 2008 13:15
Firing in Poland

On the 31st December the authorities of Auchan hipermarket in Zielona Gora (western Poland) fired on disciplinary grounds Piotr Krzyzaniak, an activist of Workers' Initiative Trade Union.

The management of the company wants to fire him because of not true allegations as if he had stolen 5,000 zlotys (around 1,500 euro) on the 18th and the 20th of December. Few days before, on the 15th December dozen of activists of the WI from Poznan, Zielona Gora and Kostrzyn made a rally in front of the Zielona Gora Auchan hipermarket demanding the end of exploitation and breaking workers' rights in the company. The list of accusations against Auchan is long, among others the exploitation of the underaged. The WI also demands a 300 zlotys monthly pay rise in Auchan.

Piotr Krzyzaniak is already the 9th activist of the Workers' Initiative fired for his unionist activity.

akai
Jan 3 2008 13:42

Hey put the address for nasty faxes:
Auchan Polska
Zielona Góra
Director Natasza Bloch
fax: 0 68 329 86 10

syndicalist
Jan 3 2008 14:07

WSA will send fax tonight.

Quote:
Piotr Krzyzaniak is already the 9th activist of the Workers' Initiative fired for his unionist activity.

Is he the 9th WI member in the Auchan hypermarket in Zielona Gora to be fired? If so, seems like there's a good concentration of WI members in that company.

mk
Jan 3 2008 18:36

Laura you went crazy. It's bolshevik who is fired from group that hates you.

akai
Jan 3 2008 19:28

Me personally, hope not. I know it's a teenage shithead Dzerzhinsky fan. WI have lots of statist morons in it. If you don't like totalitarian communism, they'll call you a sectarian fascist or agent or something.

That aside, I think people in ZSP wanted to support this case because it was directly related to a picket done at Auchan to get better working conditions for everybody. So we support that issue, if not that individual.

If you have a different opinion, you should be writing to other people at ZSP.

I'm not comfortable with making support for Leninist entrists, but there's a way to concentrate rather on the company, their bad labour practices and repression of union activity. The issue isn't really about that guy.

To answer question about 9th person, it's the 9th person in general.

I don't know if there are any other people in that supermarket in WI although maybe there are, maybe there are supporters.

BTW, Auchan boasts about "employee participation" because over 80% of workers in Poland have stocks. smile So I suggested that as a concrete action, somebody get some proxies from other workers and go to the GSM and complain about working conditions in Poland.

PS to MK - You can still kick this guy's ass if you want. Better to harrass him on his Leninist forum.

syndicalist
Jan 4 2008 02:13

Yikes, now you all say this stuff: Well solidarity with a fired worker never-the-less.

BY FACSIMILE ONLY
fax: 0 68 329 86 10
January 3, 2008
Auchan Polska
Zielona Góra

Director Natasza Bloch

Dear Ms. Bloch:

The Workers Solidarity Alliance (WSA) sends you our protest against the 31 December 2007 firing of Piotr Krzyzaniak.

We stand in protest against management's allegations against Mr. Krzyzaniak and his firing.

WSA stands in solidarity with Mr. Krzyzaniak. We further stand in support of the Workers' Initiative Trade Union demands that you end underage labor practices and a 300 zlotys monthly pay rise in Auchan.

Very truly yours,
Mike Harris
Corresponding Secretary

akai
Jan 4 2008 02:46

The guy was taken into the police today and his house searched.

Well this is a problem about how to deal with this since in WI are such Bolsheviks and even people who run for parliament on Self-Defense list with (former?) neo-nazis. For them this is irrelevant and members of WI start harrassing us if we "out" those people. But I have no obligation to agree with the politics of their members.

I sent a letter, but not in support of this person personally, but rather against anti-union practices of Auchan. There was union busting (OPZZ union) there about 3 years agp, I so said that as soon as anybody starts fighting to workers' rights, he's fired.

ZSP decided to try to support appeals against repression sent out by WI as a standard thing. Many of the anarchists in WI called on us to do it and it was agreed at ZSP Congress. So it was sent automatically to our pages in Poland and here. Later somebody brought to our attention that it was this crazy some of us know from the internet.

I don't know what people here feel about it, but I could add a note if I know about this, if it makes a difference to people. I'm personally very unconfortable about the situation. Sorry if that one hurt.

mk
Jan 4 2008 14:38

That's truth, supermarket is repressing because of union and protest. Last night police went to bolshevik's house and made searching, took him to police.

Bolsheviks make a demonstration I read on the web page. Better make the action for miners.