DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

"The Village Where the Neo-Nazis Rule"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Toms's picture
Toms
Jan 3 2011 22:49
"The Village Where the Neo-Nazis Rule"

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but since I didn't find it anywhere here it is

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,737471,00.html

Jamel a small village in Germany under control by Sven Krüger. The kids do the nazi salute to visitors, nobody cleans swastika graffiti's, opposition has been kicked out of town and at special events hundreds of neo-nazis flock there.

Boris Badenov
Jan 4 2011 13:39

The more shocking (although not really surprising) thing is how benign all of this seems to be to the local and national authorities. The FAU has to fight for legal recognition as a union, but a neo-nazi rule of terror is apparently only a minor, and ultimately acceptable, thing. The government shows its true colours yet again.

devoration1's picture
devoration1
Jan 6 2011 07:27

I've heard of the 'national liberated zones' before. The American nazis and racist right-wing crackpots continually try to establish communities- from tiny enclaves like the one in the article above, to filling a city (the 'world church of the creator' tried to get all of their members and sympathizers to move to a town in Illinois like 10 years ago) to trying to establish their own country within the US (the 'northwest imperative' where they all move to Oregon, Washington, etc).

It's very sad for the non-lunatic residents not only in the town but the immediate area. That couple mentioned in the article ought to just pack it in and move away. That's no way to spend your retirement; they should be trying to live outside of that poisonous atmosphere rather than attempting to make a moral point to a bunch of monsters.

radicalgraffiti
Jan 6 2011 14:34

i wouldn't call something with 10 houses a village, its a hamlet, calling it a village makes it sound much bigger than it is.

vanilla.ice.baby
Jan 6 2011 19:44
radicalgraffiti wrote:
i wouldn't call something with 10 houses a village, its a hamlet, calling it a village makes it sound much bigger than it is.

This, it's a non story.