The A Word

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
888's picture
Feb 4 2006 01:07
The A Word

The A Word is a Seattle based anarchist magazine published by some friends... who I'm working on some projects with, but whose politics I do no agree entirely with. Maybe that's because I'm a eurocentric class reductionist or something. what do you think of it? Pull no punches.[/url]

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Feb 4 2006 01:12

http://theaword.revolt.org/goodbye_arafat.htm

That article seems to have no point, be a bit confused and the last couple of para's are pretty awfull!

Lazlo_Woodbine
Feb 4 2006 01:51

is it like an anarchist version of The L Word? I'm only clicking on that link if you can primise me that it features hot libertarian-on-libertarian action.

Jacques Roux's picture
Jacques Roux
Feb 4 2006 11:37
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:
is it like an anarchist version of The L Word? I'm only clicking on that link if you can primise me that it features hot libertarian-on-libertarian action.

Sadly its not sad

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Feb 4 2006 14:07

Ha ha the intro doesn't fill me with confidence...

Quote:
Our politics are anti-statist, anti-capitalist, anti-racist, and anti-sexist/heterosexist.

Still will take a proper look at work on Mon...

pingtiao's picture
pingtiao
Feb 4 2006 15:36

http://theaword.revolt.org/butchlee.htm

Bleh...

Some of the articles seem K though- the editing is a bt lax though, the shitty things should be jettisoned forthwith.[/url]

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Feb 4 2006 15:48

That 'review' is great though!

Quote:
The CrimethInc people who put this together really designed a clever “book”, that’s a contrast to the usual thick books loaded with information that we’re supposed to learn from. Here there’s almost nothing to learn, which is so liberating.

I mean c'mon what's not to like?

Caiman del Barrio
Feb 4 2006 17:03
Lazlo_Woodbine wrote:

Can we have a wittiest post of the day award?? If so, this gets my nomination. 8)

cmdrdeathguts
Feb 4 2006 20:45
Saii wrote:
Quote:
The CrimethInc people who put this together really designed a clever “book”, that’s a contrast to the usual thick books loaded with information that we’re supposed to learn from. Here there’s almost nothing to learn, which is so liberating.

i have to say, having been floating around on anarcho/commie sites and snide message boards for a very long time, that is the most effective and concise put-down i have seen delivered to crimethinc, ever. i'm not actually going to read another article on that site, in case they disappoint me.

Mike Harman
Feb 4 2006 22:35
Saii wrote:
Quote:

nothing's not to like!

Quote:

Hey, we should entertain the really revolutionary far-out daring novel idea of...shoplifting? Hel-lo! Earth to CrimethInc! Wake up! Any of you ever worked for a living at a store? Oh, I forgot, working is giving in to the corporations. Well, then, let me tell you the news that in real life millions and millions of Americans of every class, age, race and genders are shoplifting like mad weasels. It’s the fucking national sport. My roomate once had a richass white grandmother stuff a baby carriage with a baby in it full of shit and race full speed out the store shouting, “If you try and stop us and my baby granddaughter is injured we’ll sue you!” Hostage shoplifting.

888's picture
Feb 5 2006 00:47

Some articles are definitely good (hadn't read the crimethinc one) but it's a pretty varied mix - but I suppose it's good to have a range of opposing views in a magazine, it that's what you're aiming for. The articles on primitivism annoy me. The Dworkin reprint is worth reading regardless of whether you agree with it. I disagree with publishing an interview with Hamas as if they were anything but fascist cunts. The A word are too maoist influenced.

Also in the latest issue (not available online) there's this ridiculous article in which this candian guy visits Europe and goes on about how he feels uncomfortable being surrounded by germans on a plane, but the presence of middle easterners on board makes him more relaxed, and he can't help thinking about how Lufthansa sounds like "Luftwaffe". What a cock. Later he gives some dirty looks to some dutch skinheads.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Feb 5 2006 03:04
888 wrote:
Later he gives some dirty looks to some dutch skinheads.

Who are probably just gay.

Lazlo_Woodbine
Feb 5 2006 03:18

lol, US activists are so mad, they make the UK lot look good 8)