Black Rose, Newtown

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
flaganarchy
May 13 2009 06:00
Black Rose, Newtown

Anyone want to hang out there tommorrow afternoon with me?

Rats's picture
Rats
May 13 2009 14:58

Sure

flaganarchy
May 13 2009 23:15

I am at USYD at the moment, I might be there a bit later in the afternoon.... after 1 maybe, not too sure. I checked out the place last week and I'm pretty sure I'll volunteer my thursdays or weekend there, its pretty awesome.

princess mob
May 14 2009 00:14

Are you really in Sydney Gabs?

Rats's picture
Rats
May 17 2009 14:10

No, but i did want to be smile

I hope i didn't leave anyone hanging. Oh dear. Would you like me to come to Sydney? I think i'm working all week, but count this as a call-out for people to come hang out in adelaide. Not for any reason or to do anything, just hang, watch degrassi, eat soup, play bike polo. It's really a fairly average place. On a scale of 1 to fairly average its definitely fairly average.

Say, do mutiny new issues get uploaded first, or mailed-out first?
Cos if it's mailed out first i'll keep the postal option because it's nicer, but if it gets uploaded first i'll just download it.

x

princess mob
May 21 2009 00:47

Gabs - the new Mutiny is up on the web now. Plus the paper copy should have been sent off yesterday. We've had a few hiccups with the mailout over the last little while but it should be sent the week after printing from now on.

flaganarchy - i really recommend volunteering at Black Rose. The collective are lovely, plus you get to meet interesting people who come into the shop. (Sometimes that's 'interesting' in the sense of 'well, um, isn't that an interesting conspiracy theory you've got there...', but also happier types of interesting as well.) If you're free on a Thursday evening the best thing to do would be to drop into a meeting & see how things work.

flaganarchy
Jun 5 2009 12:33

Hey princess mob, I actually came to a meeting last night. I am definitely going to volunteer at the space. It's really good how the meetings are on Thursday, its the only night I can get off unfortunately necessary waged slavery.... The collective do come off as awesome bunch smile