imminent rebellion #9 out now!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Torrance
May 13 2008 06:11
imminent rebellion #9 out now!

imminent rebellion #9 is fresh off the printer! (In fact we're still high off the ink) Weighing in at a staggering 108 pages, imminent rebellion is making a come back after 3 years of hibernation as an irregular anarchist journal from deep in the South Pacific.

Included in this issue are personal commentaries from some of those arrested as part of the October 15 'terrorist' raids, an overview of the police's Operation 8, a consideration of police treatment of activists over the last few years, critiques of NGOism, activism and identity politics, and more.

Read online or buy direct from our website: http://www.rebelpress.org.nz

Rebel Press
info@rebelpress.org.nz
PO Box 9263, Te Aro, Wellington, New Zealand

Tacks's picture
Tacks
May 13 2008 09:38
Quote:
Voices Against the Wind:A history of ethical vegetarianism and animal rights in Aotearoa

Vagina Dentata: A Radical Erotica Anthology

wowser.

[i'm not even fucking about here, i didn't selectively post those - they are the only articles online on the site linked to]

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
May 13 2008 10:10

I tried to download the pdf and got this

Quote:
Not Found
The requested URL /assets/imminentrebllion9.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
May 13 2008 10:18

Some nice graphic design in there, dunno if your artist could be persuadable to do something for the back of Black Flag?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
May 13 2008 10:27

protip: yes

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
May 13 2008 10:36

Any links? I’m looking for something for the back page of the bookfair edition.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
May 13 2008 10:39

ppl who did abolish restaurants and the other prole.info stuff mate. Guy knows who they are.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
May 13 2008 11:14

Blackflagman: get ed from last hours to do it, contact details on the last hours site. A very very graphic designer good designer, and an anarchist, helpfully.

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
May 15 2008 04:16

Just had a read of this (although I had read a few of the articles already, and wrote one of them myself), I'm fairly impressed.

The design/layout is beautiful, and the articles were, in general, well written and interesting.

Nice work Rebel Press crew.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
May 21 2008 10:10
Quote:
Voices Against the Wind:A history of ethical vegetarianism and animal rights in Aotearoa

Vagina Dentata: A Radical Erotica Anthology

which one was better?

Anarchia's picture
Anarchia
May 24 2008 06:05

They aren't articles in Imminent Rebellion - they're other publications Rebel Press will be putting out later....

The articles in Imminent Rebellion are:

* My 15th October
* Ballad of an Ungrateful Immigrant
* The Tongan Riots
* Know your Rights, These are your Rights
* Operation 8 — How the Police Watched Us
* Fuck Me Like The Whore I Am
* From the Streets, to the Cells, and Back Again
* A Critique of NGOism
* Lake Waikaremoana — Back in Tuhoe Hands
* For Revolutionary Struggle, Not Activism (by me)
* Why is it so Hard to Support Survivors?
* Towards an Anarcho-Design Practice
* Behind German Borders
* Dangerous Foundations: An argument against the 'Identity' in Identity Politics

Kakariki
May 27 2008 13:14

yeah I really enjoyed reading it. It's got tons of content. So much so that I haven't even got to the end yet. And yeah, it's real pretty. I'm super impressed with the design. I don't mind waiting ages for an issue if it's this good.
xox