international day of action in solidarity with general transport workers association (asf iwa) on september 15

136 posts / 0 new
Last post
syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Sep 20 2012 15:02

Princess mob:

Quote:
Nor does the fact that it's a campaign about something important - ie the drivers getting their wage cut reversed - mean that it can't be questioned/everyone should just support it without asking questions about how it works internally. By that logic, none of us could ever question pretty much anything ever.

I hear what you're saying.

How much is private? How much is public? How will it harm the campaign? How will it enhance the campaign? Does it give the bosses a tool against the workers? Does it give the right-wingers a tool against radicals within the workers ranks or union/association/network?

I guess it's just a fine line of how to constructively engage in that.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Offline
Joined: 14-03-06
Sep 20 2012 15:10

I don't think people are saying 'you can't criticise', they're saying 'I'm not calling you a liar but a little birdy tells me you're a liar' isn't a criticism, it's contentless innuendo and gossip. If people have evidence the IWA and others have been mislead, they should present it. If not, they should stop shit-stirring (or registering new accounts to attack the ASF/GTWA for that matter).

akai
Offline
Joined: 29-09-06
Sep 20 2012 19:23

Having worked on a number of campaigns and organizing efforts, I would have to say that, yes, sometimes giving too many details on a public forum can be negative. Second, there are lots of levels organizations go through, and nobody expects anything unrealistic of the comrades in Australia. I personally would show the same solidarity for these workers if they were 5 people or 500... the issue is the same and the ones that are fighting need to be supported. I hope that such shows of support give courage to any workers who were hesitant and that our comrades know they are not alone.

As to questioning things, all fine and good, but here I just get the impression that the grump is approaching it from an angle due to his own requirements, which may not correspond to anybody else's.

I'm pretty happy that the comrades in Australia are trying to organize things and I know that means a lot of challenges for them, that some things will go well, others maybe not, because that is the fucking reality of starting this kind of work. Anybody who's actually gone through this process knows it.

With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Offline
Joined: 14-07-08
Sep 20 2012 21:11

Hi All.
Firstly I hope you are not saying Joseph that the hotdog account was me - because that would be bullshit.
Secondly how can you give evidence for something that is not happening?
The entire time I have been very clear that my evidence is second hand and that I am willing to be proven wrong.
The only evidence of anything happening are a few photos of comrades handing out leaflets in Sydney and Brisbane (edit: and the report from Wollongong). I am sure that probably an event happened in Melbourne
The report claims that pickets and meetings would happen in four Australian cities. I asked if they did. I have not received an answer to this question.
What possibly could I have to gain from this? The only reason I did this was that among comrades in Brisbane this campaign is treated as a joke - as a delusion. Undoubtedly the ASF comrades are working very hard and have been engaging in the process with FWA, but the idea that there is some driver's union is treated with incredulity. Then suddenly all around the world people started spending time and money on it and I thought I should say something.
cheers
Dave

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Offline
Joined: 14-03-06
Sep 21 2012 06:46
grumpy cat wrote:
Firstly I hope you are not saying Joseph that the hotdog account was me - because that would be bullshit.

I've no idea who it was. I've no reason to think it was you.

grumpy cat wrote:
The entire time I have been very clear that my evidence is second hand and that I am willing to be proven wrong.

Right, that's the point. Repeating gossip and then 'magnanimously' giving people the chance to disprove it is textbook bad faith argument. If it' not intentional, that's how it comes across, and is why people reacted the way they did.

With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Offline
Joined: 14-07-08
Sep 21 2012 10:40

Joseph Kay wrote

Quote:
Right, that's the point. Repeating gossip and then 'magnanimously' giving people the chance to disprove it is textbook bad faith argument. If it' not intentional, that's how it comes across, and is why people reacted the way they did.

Point taken about the tone, I thought it was better than saying 'this is bullshit' but well lesson learnt.
I don't see how what I am saying is 'gossip'. I am pretty sure I am the only one participating in this discussion who actually lives in Brisbane. I have spoken to comrades involved in the first picket, read the ASF reports sent to the BSN list, read the ASF online reports and emailed a ASF Brisbane comrade with my questions. The Melbourne ASF comrades have, I assume, spoken to ASF Brisbane comrades. People internationally have read a few statements at best. And apparently I am the one dealing in gossip!
Apart from all this just check out the photos of the campaign and make you own mind up.
cheers
Dave

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Offline
Joined: 14-03-06
Sep 21 2012 11:01

Ok, so the dramatic revelation is the GTWA is small? No shit. Almost every anarcho-syndicalist workplace branch outside Spain and Italy is like <5 people, and typically have a thought-through minority unionist strategy. Constitutionally, it looks like 3 people can form an ASF affiliate (which is the same as SF, incidentally, though none of our workplace groups have gone for public/local status). I don't think any of us in Brighton thought otherwise when we agreed to do solidarity activity, and I don't think we've been lead to believe otherwise.

I mean, going public often attracts more members, and a 19% pay cut is a pretty big kick up the arse to get involved, so I can believe they're picking up more members, though that will likely fluctuate wildly with disputes (e.g. the DIWU fluctuated between 30 and 2 at meetings). I don't even know if the GTWA is pursuing a majority-union strategy, and I certainly haven't seen them claiming to have more members than the mainstream union or anything like that. If you're trying to say 'haha! you're not the CNT circa July '36!', then yeah, no shit. Nor's the CNT.

With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Offline
Joined: 14-07-08
Sep 21 2012 11:17

No Joseph, my doubts have been about the level of self-activity of drivers in this campaign. That is why I have been asking if the solidarity meetings actually happened. I think there is big difference between organizing a meeting where drivers actually meet and talk about what is going on and people who don't work at a work place standing outside handing out leaflets - especially if the reaction of actual workers is ambivalent or hostile.
I think it would have been pretty easy to prove me wrong.
cheers
Dave

With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Offline
Joined: 14-07-08
Sep 21 2012 11:24

These are the two sets of questions I asked:

Quote:
I am not sure that is true is it? (In reference to the GTWA being formed by drivers) The ASF formed the GTWA and then tried to recruit workers to it. I don't know how successful that has been.
.

and

Quote:
what is the actual level of participation and self-activity of Domino's workers in this campaign and has the pay cut been instituted in a uniform way or on a franchise by franchise basis?

These seem pretty simple to answer.

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Sep 21 2012 12:36

grumpy cat

Quote:
I am not sure that is true is it? (In reference to the GTWA being formed by drivers) The ASF formed the GTWA and then tried to recruit workers to it. I don't know how successful that has been.

It has always been my understanding that there have been some ASF members who drove for Dominos. Would it be new and unique for anarcho-syndicalists to initiate workers organization where they work? Duh, this is what anarcho-syndicalists are supposed to do!

On some of the other more recent comment by JK, I would agree with the sentiment.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Offline
Joined: 14-03-06
Sep 21 2012 13:15
grumpy cat wrote:
I am not sure that is true is it? (In reference to the GTWA being formed by drivers) The ASF formed the GTWA and then tried to recruit workers to it. I don't know how successful that has been.

This isn't a question. Well, there's a rhetorical question, followed by a direct accusation that the ASF are lying. You've presented no evidence for this. Let's break down how the 'begging the question' fallacy works. You're assuming what is to be proved, i.e. that "the ASF" and "the workers" are completely separate groups with no overlap (and implicitly, 'the ASF' are meddling outsiders interfering with 'the workers' self-activity).

The somewhat glaring problem with this is that - remarkably - it's perfectly possible to be a member of an anarcho-syndicalist organisation and deliver pizzas for a living. The ASF's statutes require 3 members to form an affilliate group. So presumably at least 3 of them formed the GTWA, which may well have subsequently attracted more members/participation by fighting the pay cut.

Fwiw, this rhetorical pose is form of the well-known counter-organising trick called 'third-partying the union'.

grumpy cat wrote:
what is the actual level of participation and self-activity of Domino's workers in this campaign and has the pay cut been instituted in a uniform way or on a franchise by franchise basis?

Following on from the fallacy of presenting "the Domino's workers" as a completely separate group of people to "the ASF", this actually isn't a very easy question to answer (the first clause anyway), as anyone who's been involved in workplace conflicts will know. What I mean is 'self-activity' isn't something measured on a standard scale. Participation in disputes ebbs and flows all over the place. People get enthusiastic and involved and burn out and become demoralised (sometimes numerous times at various points in a struggle).

It's probably not wise to publicly reveal membership figures for various shops mid-campaign, or indeed ever (unless you're very strong), as it's a good way to get yourselves all fired. And membership doesn't necessarily signify self-activity (as I'm sure you agree) as you can have active non-members and less active paper members. If only a small number of drivers are actively organising, fair fucking play to them for standing up for themselves. Presumably ASF/GTWA are trying to get as many of their co-workers involved as possible, because if they don't they'll lose, as I'm sure they're aware.

Yes, there's a difference between standing outside shops you have no presence in (don't I know it, SolFed are the leaders of standing outside shops!), and self-activity within those shops. But if there's organising within one or more shop, getting your comrades to leaflet and outreach can be a way to make more contacts and spread that activity. Of course, it might fail. But then we'll know that soon enough.

ites's picture
ites
Offline
Joined: 10-02-11
Sep 21 2012 14:04

I'm interested to hear about the self-activity of Domino's workers because I'm interested in the self-activity of workers generally. This is not to try to create a false dichotomy between Domino's drivers and the GTWA or to try to 'third-party' the ASF, but rather to discover more as to the nature of and potentially be enlightened about what is most significant about this campaign, which is to say the workers on the job. If the purpose of revolutionary unionism and anarcho-syndicalism isn't to facilitate and expedite the ability of workers (at Dominos or otherwise) to engage in self-activity with a view to reclaiming control over the course of their own destiny as workers and otherwise to challenge the autocratic heirarchies at the core of capitalist relations of production, then it beats the hell out of me as to what it in fact is.

Given that that's the case I'm not sure I see the problem with Grumpy Cat's initial question. With all the international solidarity being shown this week and the justice of their cause generally the GTWA Domino's drivers must be feeling inspired and emboldened to push their campaign further (much less to say any others that might have been inspired to organise and act as a result of coming into contact with the campaign). I know I would be.

What's so unreasonable then about wanting to know what's been happening on the job and if Domino's workers have been able to build any gains on top of the day of international solidarity? Since the ASF has initiated the Domino's campaign the burden of proof is on them as far as I can tell to demonstrate that they do have some kind of workplace presence; if they could demonstrate further that the solidarity campaign is helping any Dominos workers that are members of the GTWA or that Dominos workers more generally are receptive to the campaign and are getting organised as a result then that would no doubt aid their own cause but there's no reason of necessity of course why they should choose to do so.

Otherwise for my part I find that alarm bells start going off whenever anyone starts getting prickly and defensive the moment anyone starts asking questions, as if by suggesting that wanting to know more or wanting something clarified or not being 100% behind the campaign somehow means that you want to destroy it or that you bear ill will towards the GTWA or the ASF. The powers that control and bore us spend enough time spouting that 'with or us or against us' crap without it having to infect the revolutionary union and anarcho-syndicalist movement as well.

I'd like to say for my part that I think the BSN comrades are top notch.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Offline
Joined: 14-03-06
Sep 21 2012 14:46

Right, ok, but if you want a sensible discussion, not leading on accusations of lies and rhetorical fallacies is more likely to lead to constructive discussions. That's my main point here tbh (though more aimed at grumpy cat than yourself). Fwiw, there's a pretty detailed account (up to July) on the ASF site here.

It mainly sounds like a small group of ASF members at Domino's are trying to outflank the recognised union's 'sell out' by building momentum around a set of demands and the GTWA. It sounds like they plan to win people to the GTWA, and then force Domino's to negotiate directly with the drivers rather than the ongoing negotiations between SDA officials and management. Now, presumably without some actual or credible threat of shop-floor disruption, Domino's won't shift. International support can strengthen but not substitute for that. And presumably ASF/GTWA are well aware of this, and are doing what they can to build for workplace direct action (at least, I've never met an anarcho-syndicalist who didn't bang on about workplace direct action at every opportunity!).

I might be presuming wrong, but it's not easy to talk about this stuff without giving management a heads-up. i.e. if they're focusing on recruitment, they need to keep the numbers to themselves until they reach a critical mass for both safety, and to prevent management/SDA countermeasures. if they're focussing on mass meetings to organise on the job action, they might need to keep them on the downlow so the 'ringleaders' don't get fired. Personally, I don't think it's smart to talk specifics/details until after the fact, when it's good practice to write things up so you can learn from them, figure out mistakes, missed opportunities etc, as well as adding it to the general pool of experience for others to pick up, criticise, adapt etc. For example, the SF 'workmates' pamphlet came out years later, after attempts to fire the author had already been fought off. That's not about being defensive, it's about not getting fired and not giving management an insight into your tactics.

That might be frustrating to observers, but ASF don't answer to internet interlocutors, they answer to their members and workmates. so i think talking about burdens of proof misses the point: they don't have to prove anything. from my point of view, they're friends of the IWA and I support them on trust. If they turn out to be liars or fantasists, then that trust will be gone. But I've no reason to believe this is anything other than a small group of workers being stitched up by their union (nothing unusual there), and subsequently organising themselves independently while trying to get as many workmates as possible involved. They might fail of course, and then we can all pore over the reasons for that too. But hopefully not, eh.

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Sep 21 2012 14:56

Ben, I guess it all seems like axe grinding and one-ups-persnship that makes this all that much more distasteful.

Questions like how's it going? What's been workers or GTWA actions? Management reactions, etc are all cool.

Personally, while I had serious disagreements with the London Cleaners and the whole issue of R&B flags, I also felt it was not an issue to fight over during a campaign. I think to raise some of the questions that Grumpy raised during a campaign just weren't appropriate during a campaign.

If, in the end, it's a few workers and we had some success with the campaign helps to build the GTWA into something larger and more meaningful, ok, cool. If it's all a phantom, we'll all find out in short order and be tremendously disappointed. Lots of of us put our own organizational and personal reps on the line to build this campaign, so, obviously, we only hope that all is cool or reasonably so.

From afar, but having a small sense of the poor Australian dynamics going back to the 1990s, they, respectfully, stink. But when solidarity is called by comrades (be they IWA, IWW, Independents) over an issue, we come to their aid. And we are hopeful that we are not being used as pawns.
Sometimes on the ground conditions and relations are difficult. We always hope and expect that
proper information is shared and things are done in good faith.

In the end, what is real and what is not will always come to the fore. I just think there's a time, a place and a method in which to have some of these delicate discussions.

StueySubvert
Offline
Joined: 19-07-12
Sep 21 2012 17:55

Hi Dave,

Firstly, personal contact with an ASF comrade is no way of getting information regarding the ASF - much less a way of getting information regarding the GTWA; I am yet to see an email from you (I just checked..) to the ASF-Brisbane email address (nor any other means) - as for the GTWA, well, I cannot speak on their behalf as I am not involved in any other way than in solidarity (funnily enough, the same as all other sections of ASF).

I'm current Secretary of ASF-Brisbane, and was a member when the campaign began. A driver (by the way, they are remaining anon on fear of reprisal from management - they're casual, they don't even need to be sacked to be affected; their hours are simply reduced - "we don't have much work for you atm, sorry") joined ASF-Brisbane, and asked for solidarity. This is when we initiated the pickets (also, i'm not sure which picket you're referring to when you say 'the first' - the first picket was in front of dominos HQ in Albion... in which case there was only myself and one other ASF-B comrade.).

It remained an ASF-B campaign in solidarity with all drivers, as per our comrades request, until two more drivers joined. They then decided to form the GTWA. The campaign then moved from ASF-B to GTWA.
I am not a member of the GTWA; so I do not know how many members they have. I do know they have 3+ which is enough to have affiliation.
In regards to your second question; well, kinda redundant, yeah?
The GTWA *is* the drivers.
I think what you're perhaps wanting to know is the level of participation at pickets, which is a completely different thing.
It hasn't been amazing; in regards to their presence at the pickets. Obviously one cannot remain anon and present in front of the shop picketing - most likely on a night they're supposed to be making and delivering. Drivers, seemingly, aren't *that* radical yet.
The fliers used in Melbourne and Brisbane at pickets was a statement from the drivers themselves, so yes, they have indeed organised in that further regard. They tried to make that clear, too, by titling it "To all fellow Dominos Drivers". Not sure how you missed that...

Also - on a side note - this is not unknown to at least two BSN comrades; who I've had discussions with in regards to the campaigns. It seems surprising that you'd be misinformed; I hold both in high regard.

Cheers,
Stu

With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Offline
Joined: 14-07-08
Sep 21 2012 21:10

Thanks Stu, that is very clear. I had emailed Dave you can get the emails off him.
I do think what you have told me now is divergent from how the campaign has been presented and I stand by that my questions are legitimate.
I am going to take it from what you have said that the solidarity meetings didn't happen. Is that correct?
There are other divergences too. If you are at the block party this afternoon then lets talk about them
cheers
Dave

With Sober Senses's picture
With Sober Senses
Offline
Joined: 14-07-08
Sep 22 2012 15:37

edit - removed see below

axxs's picture
axxs
Offline
Joined: 16-03-06
Sep 22 2012 04:25
grumpy cat wrote:
Also Stu, since Joseph mentioned
Quote:
I've never met an anarcho-syndicalist who didn't bang on about workplace direct action at every opportunity

that raises another point. The GTWA strategy at the moment is arbitration through Fair Work Australia in an attempt to get another F24 isn't it?

Dave, this is to the point you are posting stuff that is heading straight into where we explicitly asked of you not too. Can we try avoiding this right at the moment? Unfortunately what you are arguing about is core to the struggle, and as explained to you has not been released because 'they are watching us' and we do not want them to have a heads up on what is happening.

This is not arbitration, this is rejection of a requirement made by other parties to have their wages held to a 2001 agreement. Look up what an F24 is. It's a process not an arbitration. There is no getting some third party to settle a dispute. It is a process required to show that the drivers are not accepting an expired agreement made by other parties they are being held too. It is this agreement that is holding back reinstatement of their wages. remove the agreement, wages are going to be restored. How is that arbitration? The agreement is expired, it only stands in place because it has not been terminated by a party involved. The process is to enter an F24 to terminate it. What should the drivers do mate? Leave it to the reformist union that sold them out??

We cannot go into it further here, you emailed me personally after posting on these sites and I answered as best I could. I pointed out not only numbers, but what state groups are in, I even told you what steps are being taken by the drivers in GTWA and asked you not to post about it to the web. I showed you contact between the drivers and FWA, something that was argued that we the ASF members were doing. This showed definitively to you the thrust of the fight is happening by the drivers themselves, not by us. Yes we have been vocal in getting solidarity actions going, but that is as solidarity. We are not directing the struggle itself. We were directly asked about organising these types of actions by drivers after the wonderful support of groups like ASF Melbourne over months.

Our actions have been in solidarity with our members, the GTWA was started so that the drivers explicitly had control of the campaign and that the ASF Brisbane members that were not drivers, rather than being involved in the decision making acted only in solidarity and support. Some of those drivers are not very active, others are. They are all still workers. We initiated these solidarity actions to help show the drivers from all walks of life forming the GTWA the IWA is the real deal and internationally organised, and to help them with a goal they need to move ahead, as told to you in the email. it appears your problem is that we have been effective in getting that support in calling on our comrades. Our federation has stood as a solid block in support of it's members and has done it extremely well. Brisbane ASF has only been involved in organising solidarity actions, whilst the drivers have been organising their struggle.

If ASF Brisbane has not been effective in our show of solidarity, fair enough (albeit interesting that no other 'solidarity/workers' group even showed in Brisbane, I wonder why??), but this is not a reflection on what the drivers are doing in the GTWA. We may not have had a large protest in Brisbane but by golly we have put in 'on the ground' hard yards in getting around 60 odd cities, 16 countries on 4 continents mobilised, so we are not a total failure. It is also extremely hard for us right at the moment with a huge amount going on behind the scenes that should be released shortly. We totally understand there is a lack of communication atm as stuff is just about to break.

Anyone that has queries on what the ASF-B are doing why not just email brisbane@asf-iwa.org.au. If you wish to know about what the GTWA is doing, email info@gtwa.org.au. All criticism etc is great, just please be aware this struggle is going on atm and the solidarity actions were just that, solidarity.

cheers.

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Offline
Joined: 19-04-10
Sep 22 2012 23:03

Disclaimer: I am a 'sectarian', a title I adopt freely without so much as a frisson of shame.

Princess Mob wrote:

Nor does the fact that it's a campaign about something important - ie the drivers getting their wage cut reversed - mean that it can't be questioned/everyone should just support it without asking questions about how it works internally. By that logic, none of us could ever question pretty much anything ever.

No-one is being asked to not ask question ever - just until the campaign is over and resolved one way or another. How hard is that? It is not necessary for you or anyone else to know everything right now. Least of all, I-have-zero-industrial-combat-experience Marxist academics.

I'm more than happy for comrades with a genuine interest to have any question they care to ask answered when appropriate.

@Joseph Kay - still recovering from the shock of realising that someone from the British Isles knows what they're talking about smile

@syndicalist - absolutely right with regard to principle above personality; allow me to illustrate with an anecdote:

When I worked at South Melbourne Tram Depot many years ago, there were two sparts working there as well. One of them I particularly hated and despised, she was spart concentrate. She had a knack for alienating everyone and the management in the form of the Traffic Personnel Office seized an opportunity to make an example of her in attempt to sack her on trumped up charges. The only support she got was from myself and another member of PTWA-ASF. We harrassed the union delegate to call a stop-work meeting to support her and march to Bourke St. if necessary. So hated was she that this didn't get up but it did prompt the Secretary of the ATMOEA (the Tramways union) to intervene thus saving her job. This resulted in status quo ante.

When you are standing on a picket-line you are not required to like the person next to you, you may even hate their guts, you are required to be solid. The place for questions is in the assembly, once the decision is made, no further questions until action complete.

This clearly understood in the ASF unlike what passes for an anarchist scene in Australia where most 'groups' are no more than friendship circles.

Trust is far more important.

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Offline
Joined: 19-04-10
Sep 22 2012 23:26

More on 'sectarianism' and solidarity;

I never miss an opportunity to have a go at the Australian IWW in general terms - have a look elsewhere on this forum. e.g. one big union - which one? I've yet to hear any critique of the ASF by anyone in the IWW with any substance and they would have a right to have a go.

There where actions planned for September 15 in five major cities in Australia; Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. In the case of Adelaide and Perth, these actions were to be organised by the IWW groups there as the ASF has only one member in Adelaide. I understand that the Adelaide action was cancelled at the last minute and I haven't heard what happened in Perth. I understand that not a single member of the IWW fronted in Brisbane and I know that that was the case in Melbourne. Not one.

A notable exception was the Sydney IWW which had most of their members turn up as well as people from Jura Books. It is my understanding that the Sydney IWW has been exemplary in their conduct and respectful towards the GTWA. For this the Sydney IWW should be commended.

I still stand by my criticism of the IWW in general terms.

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Offline
Joined: 19-04-10
Sep 22 2012 23:39

More on Asking Questions;

Grumpy 'these days I call myself a communist' Cat, overwhelmed by a sense of entitlement demands answers from the ASF, yet refuses to answer any put to himself. The application of a double-standard.

Do you have any hard evidence that the ASF has mislead anyone?

Given the circumstances, what would you have the ASF do?

Answers to these questions do not require the resolution of any industrial campaign.

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
Sep 23 2012 03:17

Lugius ..... in spite of whatever issues exist in Australia, let me report that without the quick reply and action of some members of the IWW Foodworkers Union, the north americam action would've been incomplete and not as succesful.

Martin O Neill
Offline
Joined: 14-03-08
Sep 23 2012 03:09

Grumpy Cat - you appear to be trying to make public, information that would be useful to Domino's management and/or looking for an excuse to use a left communist type argument that it's not real worker self-activity if some pro-revolutionaries are involved even if they are workers in the same situation.

ites's picture
ites
Offline
Joined: 10-02-11
Sep 23 2012 03:19
Lugius wrote:
I never miss an opportunity to have a go at the Australian IWW.

You can say that again.

ites's picture
ites
Offline
Joined: 10-02-11
Sep 23 2012 03:58
Lugius wrote:
I understand that not a single member of the IWW fronted in Brisbane and I know that that was the case in Melbourne. Not one.

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Offline
Joined: 19-04-10
Sep 23 2012 05:09

Point taken, syndicalist. There will be acknowledgements posted on GTWA website soon.

bastarx
Offline
Joined: 9-03-06
Sep 23 2012 07:13

"Shut up and do what we tell you", I can see you've mastered the fundamentals of anarchism Lugius.

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Offline
Joined: 19-04-10
Sep 23 2012 13:55

Here is a list of locations around the world where actions in support of the GTWA campaign took place. If anything is missing or inaccurate, let us know

AUSTRALASIA (5)

Auckland, NZ: Auckland Anarchists, Auckland Action Against Poverty

Brisbane, Queensland: ASF

Melbourne, Victoria: ASF

Perth, WA: IWW

Sydney, NSW: ASF IWW

Wellington, NZ: AWSM

EUROPE (31)

Amsterdam, The Netherlands: ASB, Anarchist Group Amsterdam

Besonne, France: CNTF

Bratislava, Slovakia: Priama Akcija

Brighton, England: SolFed

Bristol, England: SolFed

Bonn, Germany: FAU

Caen, France: CNTF

Clermont, France: CNTF

Cologne, Germany: FAU

Elche, Spain: CNT

Enghien-les-Bains, France: CNTF

Gijon, Spain: CNT

Leeds, England: IWW

Lagenfeld, Germany: FAU

Manchester UK: SolFed, AF

Mataro, Spain: CNT

Moscow, Russia: KRAS

Nanterre, France: CNTF

Oslo, Norway: NSF

Paris, France: SUD

Pau, France: CNTF

Premia de Mar, Spain: CNT

Sabadell, Spain: CNT

Salamanca, Spain: CNT

Sartrouville, France: CNTF

Sheffield, England: IWW

Southampton, England: SolFed

South London, England: SolFed

Toulouse, France: CNTF

Vigo, Spain: CNT

Warsaw, Poland: ZSP

NORTH AMERICA (7)

Berkeley, California: IWW, WSA

Lansing, Michigan: Lansing Workers Centre

Long Beach, California: IWW, WSA

Missoula, Montana: WSA, Zootown Solidarity Network

Nanaimo, British Columbia: IWW

Providence, Rhode Island: IWW, WSA

Tampa, Florida: IWW

SOUTH AMERICA (3)

Porto Alegre, Brazil: COB

Rosario, Argentina: FORA

Sao Paolo, Brazil: COB

StueySubvert
Offline
Joined: 19-07-12
Sep 23 2012 23:05

Do you have anything usefull to add to the discussion? Or are you happy to make passive-aggressive memes in reaction to a comment that points out your lack of solidarity 'on the ground'?

ites's picture
ites
Offline
Joined: 10-02-11
Sep 24 2012 03:49
StueySubvert wrote:
Do you have anything usefull to add to the discussion? Or are you happy to make passive-aggressive memes in reaction to a comment that points out your lack of solidarity 'on the ground'?

One person's passive aggression us another's pisstake. We contributed 3000 copies of an article about the Dominos campaign by a former member of the ASF (of which there are not a few) in the form of an article in the last issue of Direct Action. Obviously we weren't looking for thanks, but the only acknowledgement we received for our support was a series of attacks on the IWW in general and myself in particular. To take a shit on someone who's trying to help you and then complain that you don't get as much support and solidarity from them as you would otherwise prefer after the fact seems to my mind a fraction disingenuous.