Just met up with an anarchist group in my area who actions

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mareika
Feb 24 2009 21:43
Just met up with an anarchist group in my area who actions

Yep! Had a great talk with some leaders and activist who have been involved for approx 30 years half an hour ago.

I enjoyed their vast knowledge of movement around the globe and what they had to say. I also watched Roger Moore's documentary last night on General Moters and the laying off of workers in Flint.

Anyhow, I was on the net looking up the group who have a large protest happening 28th Feb 2009 and I came across some bickering from other groups.

Should I care about the bickering? Do I need to be careful when getting involved in groups and judge the leaders or care more about the group of people and what they stand for?

Mareika
Feb 24 2009 22:15

Oh, think I better give a link.

http://indymedia.org.nz/newswire/display/72896/index.php

Please do not think of me as wanting to cause trouble but rather be safe. I am sure issues will always make any major movement have a few political problems within it.

fatbongo
Feb 24 2009 22:16

It's michael moore. Roger is someone very different.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Feb 24 2009 22:20
Mareika wrote:

Please do not think of me as wanting to cause trouble but rather be safe. I am sure issues will always make any major movement have a few political problems within it.

Aren't you in Germany? Because that's a New Zealand post about power struggles within unions.
You will need to be more specific if you want actual advice. In general anarchism is supposed to be about non-hierarchical organising. In theory this means that peole should not have personal disagreements and bickering but in practice itt happens. Generally the fewer arguments with other groups a group has the better it is.

Mareika
Feb 24 2009 22:42
fatbongo wrote:
It's michael moore. Roger is someone very different.

I am a goof! Thanks for putting me right.

Mareika
Feb 24 2009 23:22
jef costello wrote:
Mareika wrote:

Aren't you in Germany? Because that's a New Zealand post about power struggles within unions.
You will need to be more specific if you want actual advice. In general anarchism is supposed to be about non-hierarchical organising. In theory this means that peole should not have personal disagreements and bickering but in practice itt happens. Generally the fewer arguments with other groups a group has the better it is.

I am in New Zealand; Auckland to be exact. I also run a trust for single parents because it took off from just a social group.

I don't know if you can get people together without personal disagreements. Even having 2 parents in a home can bring about personal disagreements. lol

But if you are saying it is normal for this type of thing, I will promote it.

But if I should be careful between groups, I would rather start asking a whole lot more questions although I am not sure what I meant to ask.

For us the main thing we want is to stop the new welfare policy where an unemployed person must visit 3 employers a day for a job else lose their welfare.

I can't see how this can happen when workers are human beings with emotions and parents. They have so much they have to do just to keep their homes and their children OK.

Edit: The majority of our clients work or have been recently laid off or are looking to be laid off. . The media gives single parents a bad rap because some parents are BAD.

Mareika
Feb 24 2009 23:24

How's this for (good source) gossip that is not mainstream.

The Maori are asking to run the prisons because they are the majority of prisoners. We are certainly preparing for the worst although we will get the tail end of the recession.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Feb 25 2009 01:41
Mareika wrote:
How's this for (good source) gossip that is not mainstream.

The Maori are asking to run the prisons because they are the majority of prisoners. We are certainly preparing for the worst although we will get the tail end of the recession.

Who are 'We'?
Mareike, you need to be a bit clearer about what you want from the discussion, it's hard to reply otherwise.

Mareika
Feb 25 2009 07:12

How stupid am I?

I am new to this, I feel like it is more a mad thing now. I sort of thought this was all about workers.

Soooooo, what is a collective under Marxism?

I guess in doubt leave it out applies. Maybe we should not join any side but do our own thing. Yet we are going to be hated by both sides.

I guess to be a true libertarian means to be alone.

juozokas's picture
juozokas
Feb 25 2009 10:38

win ^

Mareika
Feb 25 2009 11:54
juozokas wrote:
win ^

I just came back to check this. I think you are right.
It may be a win/win situation for me to be a libertarian right now.

Mareika
Feb 27 2009 09:48

Oh, thank you dear site. I may not know much of what you are about but women are contacting me from NZ and my area. Thank-you so much for existing.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Feb 28 2009 15:40

To be honest i would rather watch a Roger moore film than Michael Moore, probably Octopussy, one of my favourite Bond films, with the immortal line
'that'll keep you in curry for a few weeks' wink

Rats's picture
Rats
Mar 2 2009 06:05

True that. Roger moore> michael moore any day.
What a sly and rough character.