K'rudd's crazy cash giveaway

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
circle A-K's picture
circle A-K
Mar 12 2009 05:48
K'rudd's crazy cash giveaway

So what are people going to be using their K'rudd's crazy cash giveaway money for? Stimulation i assume? I still haven't got my cheque (or wire transfer) yet, but i guess i can't complain (debateable) about FREE money? Either way, i'm wondering what people are gonna be doing with that 900ish bucks being thrown at ya?

May i suggest stimulating the anarchist economy? I think i'll be stimulating the folks at Jura and Black Rose with some book purchases and donations in the coming months, which i'm sure they'll appreciate (particularly Jura which has quite a hefty debt).

posi
Mar 12 2009 10:16

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=82635

Spassmaschine
Mar 12 2009 10:32
weeler wrote:
What is this about? Spam? I want free money.

The Australian Government is giving us all $950, unless we earn over $80,000 a year or unless we happen to be one of the 2000 a day being made unemployed.

circle A-K's picture
circle A-K
Mar 12 2009 10:54
weeler wrote:
What is this about? Spam? I want free money.

Spam? No. If you lived in australia you'd know what i'm talking about, this thread was aimed at people from oceania.

Quote:
unless we happen to be one of the 2000 a day being made unemployed.

Indeed, it's pretty ridiculous.

Spassmaschine
Mar 12 2009 12:17

It is an attempt to "stimulate the economy" by getting us orientals to spend more.

Spassmaschine
Mar 12 2009 13:26

arson?

Edgar's picture
Edgar
Mar 12 2009 22:39
circle A-K wrote:
May i suggest stimulating the anarchist economy? I think i'll be stimulating the folks at Jura and Black Rose with some book purchases and donations in the coming months, which i'm sure they'll appreciate (particularly Jura which has quite a hefty debt).

Sound very wise to me.

Rats's picture
Rats
Mar 15 2009 07:30
Quote:
Could they not just put that money into things like hospitals and transport or something? Rather than give it to a population who will spend it on; beer, arson, cork-hats, boomarangs and steve irwin memorabilia.

I must debate sir! We downunder proletarians are desperately in need of beer and steve irwin memorabilia, moreso than we are of free healthcare or public transport.

It is the central goal of the class struggle here for the proletariat to take control of the means of production, to ensure a redistribution of beer and steve irwin memorabilia from the few to all!

Now now, they're putting cash into education and telecommunications and transport. But i think alot of money is going to private schools, and transport comes in the form of more roads. But the handouts are a hit or miss. They don't know whether people will spend spend spend, or save cos they think the times'll get tougher.