XI Congress ASF-IWA

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lugius's picture
Lugius
Sep 3 2014 23:20
XI Congress ASF-IWA

The ASF will be holding its 11th Congress in Perth, WA over the weekend of 25-26 October.

syndicalist
Sep 4 2014 01:45

Metro NY Workers Solidarity Alliance members sends the ASF early solidarity greetings. Good luck for a constructive Congress!

Solidarity across the waves!

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Dec 22 2014 03:08

Here is a brief report;

The 11th Congress of the ASF was held on 25 October 2014 in Perth, Western Australia.

Five delegates were in attendance; 3 from Perth, 1 from Brisbane and 1 from Melbourne.

*Greetings were read out from IWA , NY WSA and Grupo Cultural Etudios Sociales de Melbourne.

*ASF Perth were admitted as an active affiliate.

*Proposed changes to Aims, Principles and Statutes agreed to.

*Proposed changes to dues structure agreed to.

*Agreed to transfer responsibility of ASF Secretariat from ASF Melbourne to ASF Brisbane.

*Agreed to initiate 'Problems at Work' campaign.

*GTWA declared defunct as an affiliate to be replaced by General Transport Workers Initiative.

The new amended ASF Statutes can be found here:

http://asf-iwa.org.au/aims/

The initiatives are modelled on similar organisational structure of CNT Toulouse.

The 'Problems at Work' campaign is inspired by a similar campaign by Priama Akcia.

akai
Dec 22 2014 08:10

I find it rather positive that people get inspiration from ideas from their sister sections around the globe. I think the Problems at Work campaign has potential, one only has to follow up correctly. I already was talking to the comrades about how it is going and maybe after some months we can talk to you off-list in some group discussion about the same. It's good to get feedback about how these ideas work out in different scenarios.

Good luck!

syndicalist
Dec 22 2014 16:02

ASF ----Good luck with efforts to build up and out

MT
Dec 23 2014 08:51

Sad to hear about GTWA but great that you reflected the situation and adjusted to it. Good luck with PaW and if you would like to hear any experiences from the last 9 months of PaW in Slovakia or anything else, just get in touch!