Class War disbands (again)

82 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 4 2011 08:21
Class War disbands (again)
Quote:
CLASS WAR OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE DISBANDING OF THE CLASS WAR FEDERATION

Class War Admin May 03, 2011; 11:37am

The Class War Federation is no more.

Given our inability to continue to function at an organisational level and the huge amount of debt that the organisation finds it self in we have no choice but to formally dissolve the group.

Given that we only have 5 paid up members it is the decision of the five of us to end our association and in doing so end the project known as Class War.

http://classwar-uk-forum.blogspot.com/#nabble-td2893729

any thoughts?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 4 2011 10:33

I don't know. I remember that a group of people left the AF in Cambridgeshire to start a class war group, some bloke on here started a Halifax group and some guy somewhere else on here was boasting about how class war was the biggest group around…

Yorkie Bar
Offline
Joined: 29-03-09
May 4 2011 11:01

The Halifax group no longer exists (if it ever did). Fen Tiger Class War (formerly Cambridgeshire AF) is pretty much dead from what I hear. The only CW guy I know is a guy from Cambridge who's now at Leeds Uni, who seemed to be an active member.

End of an era, eh?

mons
Offline
Joined: 6-01-10
May 4 2011 11:06

Is it definite? The 'class war admin' posted something openly anti-semitic and dickish here: http://classwar-uk-forum.blogspot.com/#nabble-td2893729 surely that isn't real? Someone paid for a t-shirt and asked whether they'd get it and got this reply from the 'admin':

Quote:
go and fuck yourself you tight jewish fuck wit. No one is getting money back as there is nothing left to give back. Class War owes money all over the place you stupid cunt so the last thing on our minds is giving some dickhead a few quid back for a rip off t-shirt.
Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 11:13
Tommy Ascaso wrote:
Were they just in London? If they were they'll probably just all join ALARM.

thats what i was thinking.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 4 2011 11:14
mons wrote:
Is it definite? The 'class war admin' posted something openly anti-semitic and dickish here: http://classwar-uk-forum.blogspot.com/#nabble-td2893729 surely that isn't real? Someone paid for a t-shirt and asked whether they'd get it and got this reply from the 'admin':
Quote:
go and fuck yourself you tight jewish fuck wit. No one is getting money back as there is nothing left to give back. Class War owes money all over the place you stupid cunt so the last thing on our minds is giving some dickhead a few quid back for a rip off t-shirt.

it wouldn't surprise me if it was real!

If it's not true you would think one of them would publicly deny it pretty quick.

Yorkie Bar
Offline
Joined: 29-03-09
May 4 2011 11:16

My sources assure me that it's true.

Yorkie Bar
Offline
Joined: 29-03-09
May 4 2011 11:17
Quote:
go and fuck yourself you tight jewish fuck wit. No one is getting money back as there is nothing left to give back. Class War owes money all over the place you stupid cunt so the last thing on our minds is giving some dickhead a few quid back for a rip off t-shirt.

Yeah, I saw that. Because acting like a prick is working claarse, yeah?

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 11:21

have to say i've never really gone with the whole skull imagery, always looked a bit too SS for me. also the whole 'we swear becos we're proletarians' is a bit lame

PS the jewish thing seems to have been deleted

Yorkie Bar
Offline
Joined: 29-03-09
May 4 2011 11:23
Quote:
PS the jewish thing seems to have been deleted

Huh. Interesting timing.

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 24 2011 17:59


Spot the difference.

EDIT: THIS POST WAS A JOKE, that came out of my dislike of anarchist groups using skulls, and attempting to illustrate why. unfortunately some people took it as a serious 'fascist slur', due to my separate posts over Class War's burning of a muslim effigy, and the anti-semitic comment (which has now been proved to have been made by a provocateur)

mons
Offline
Joined: 6-01-10
May 4 2011 11:46

I don't think it has been deleted. You can't link directly to it for some reason (or when I try it ends up linking to something else anyway) but go to the forum and click on the thread 'class war stickers'; it's the last post on that thread.

MT
Offline
Joined: 29-03-07
May 4 2011 11:49

were these people active in any conflicts in the past? i imagine it had to take a lot of nerves to present yourself this way and seriously think you find a bond of trust and mutual aid with anyone...

posi
Offline
Joined: 24-09-05
May 4 2011 11:59
Yorkie Bar wrote:
Quote:
go and fuck yourself you tight jewish fuck wit. No one is getting money back as there is nothing left to give back. Class War owes money all over the place you stupid cunt so the last thing on our minds is giving some dickhead a few quid back for a rip off t-shirt.

Yeah, I saw that. Because acting like a prick is working claarse, yeah?

That is fucking horrific. I hope ALARM won't let anyone saying that sort of shit in. Surely not?

Unless, perhaps, the two know each other and are in fact good friends such that it's obviously a joke? In that case, it's not horrific, just fucking stupid. You don't say that kind of shit on an open forum where the context isn't clear. And the exchange doesn't look good humoured.

Samotnaf
Offline
Joined: 9-06-09
May 4 2011 12:04

About their previous self-dissolution, see "Death of a paper tiger".

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 12:20

i stand corrected, it is still there. i'm really surprised at it, even for Class War it is out of order

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 4 2011 16:28
Harrison Myers wrote:
i stand corrected, it is still there. i'm really surprised at it, even for Class War it is out of order

I don't know, it's certainly not any worse than this

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 4 2011 16:57

On a related note, I just happened to stumble across the old thread where Class War were raving against the smoking ban, saying amongst other things that it was a middle class conspiracy against the working class, that non-smoker bar workers should get other jobs, and best of all asking "where is the proof that smoking harms your baby?"
http://libcom.org/polls/should-wetherspoons-become-americanised

someone made reference to this thread recently, and we thought it had been deleted or lost but I guess not

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 17:30

and this thread:
http://libcom.org/forums/thought/class-war-bonfire-party

where someone makes the point;

Serge Forward wrote:
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but are Class War really this fucking stupid??? I mean to say, it really undermines any notion of working class unity while making anarchists look total shite. The far right or even the state itself couldn't have made a better job of it.

so basically, they have a had a bit of a history of racism. don't know if its derived from their courting of the white british werking class or what.

what do people think of the prospect that they have been infiltrated by the state or fascists?
or are they just really stupid to the point of racism?

personally, one of the first things I learnt about anarchism is that it is extremely anti-racist.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 4 2011 17:43
Harrison Myers wrote:
and this thread:
http://libcom.org/forums/thought/class-war-bonfire-party

where someone makes the point;

Serge Forward wrote:
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but are Class War really this fucking stupid??? I mean to say, it really undermines any notion of working class unity while making anarchists look total shite. The far right or even the state itself couldn't have made a better job of it.

so basically, they have a had a bit of a history of racism. don't know if its derived from their courting of the white british werking class or what.

what do people think of the prospect that they have been infiltrated by the state or fascists?
or are they just really stupid to the point of racism?

personally, one of the first things I learnt about anarchism is that it is extremely anti-racist.

definitely ideologically they will be be completely antiracist. I think this is more stupidity. The effigy of Muhammad they burned in the above thread was racist, however, although again I think it was mostly just being stupid.

Some Class War members went too far in reacting against the SWP cosying up to Islamist's by being quite anti-Muslim, to the point of doing things like burning the effigy and supporting the French state's ban on the headscarf

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 18:53

so was i being presumptuous in identifying a pattern? (ie that incident, and the 'tight jewish fuck wad' comment)

EDIT: just realised this post looks confrontational. its actually meant to be a genuine question

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
May 4 2011 18:22
Steven. wrote:
Some Class War members went too far in reacting against the SWP cosying up to Islamist's by being quite anti-Muslim, to the point of doing things like burning the effigy and supporting the French state's ban on the headscarf

Jesus, I'd forgotten about both of those. sad

Was wondering what would happen to CW once this ALARM stuff got going.

888's picture
888
Offline
Joined: 30-09-03
May 4 2011 18:51
Steven. wrote:
Harrison Myers wrote:
i stand corrected, it is still there. i'm really surprised at it, even for Class War it is out of order

I don't know, it's certainly not any worse than this

What's wrong with that?

KriegPhilosophy's picture
KriegPhilosophy
Offline
Joined: 10-10-10
May 4 2011 18:57

So wait, Muslims are exempt from piss taking, whilst Christians are cannon fodder? Is it because most Christians are old or middle class fuck wits (or at least the Christians I have come across) or is it the fact that Muslims will kick the fuck out of us.

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 18:59
888 wrote:
What's wrong with that?

if by their logic, all people in suits are capitalists, they'd be condoning the shit-filled condom bashing of all the jewish anarchists who inhabited the east end of london in the early 20th century. oh wait, they'd probably do that anyway because they are tight jewish fuck wads like

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
May 4 2011 19:01
KriegPhilosophy wrote:
So wait, Muslims are exempt from piss taking, whilst Christians are cannon fodder? Is it because most Christians are old or middle class fuck wits (or at least the Christians I have come across) or is it the fact that Muslims will kick the fuck out of us.

got nothing to do with that. the effigy they burned was big-lipped and big-nosed, which to me looks like a crude racial slur.

KriegPhilosophy's picture
KriegPhilosophy
Offline
Joined: 10-10-10
May 4 2011 19:07

Fuck really? that's fucked up, pic?

888's picture
888
Offline
Joined: 30-09-03
May 4 2011 19:14
Harrison Myers wrote:
888 wrote:
What's wrong with that?

if by their logic, all people in suits are capitalists, they'd be condoning the shit-filled condom bashing of all the jewish anarchists who inhabited the east end of london in the early 20th century. oh wait, they'd probably do that anyway because they are tight jewish fuck wads like

Well we don't know what they knew about the guy in the suit, maybe he deserved it. There's no implication in the picture that anyone in a suit is a capitalist.

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Offline
Joined: 28-01-11
May 4 2011 19:25

I don't think that comparison to Christianity is totally fair KriegPhilosophy, I mean, when was the last time you burnt an effigy of Jesus and supported a state ban on public displays of Christianity?

In any case it depends where you are in the world. You know people have been killed in the name of God in the U.S because they work in abortion clinics right? I know what, lets burn a cross, that will stop all atrocities in the name of religion. 'Oh wait, you just burnt an effigy/sacred text, that awoke me right out of my religio-ideological stupor'....

It's stupid populist shit that causes more problems than it solves....

welshboy's picture
welshboy
Offline
Joined: 11-05-06
May 4 2011 19:39
Harrison Myers wrote:
888 wrote:
What's wrong with that?

if by their logic, all people in suits are capitalists, they'd be condoning the shit-filled condom bashing of all the jewish anarchists who inhabited the east end of london in the early 20th century. oh wait, they'd probably do that anyway because they are tight jewish fuck wads like

That image is from the mid 80's and was part of Class War's anti yuppie stuff. So not just 'people in suits'.

KriegPhilosophy wrote:
Fuck really? that's fucked up, pic?

This is the effigy placed into the design of stickers that CW used to publish so you can see how dodgy it was.
admin: spoof sticker removed

Refused's picture
Refused
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
May 4 2011 19:44

It has to be pointed out for absolute clarity, that picture is a spoof. Class War did not actually design nor print a sticker with text reading "MUSLIMS? BASTARDS!" on it.

The relevant part is the effigy pasted into the design. That, unfortunately, was real.