New Union Federation Formed in Poland

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
zsp's picture
zsp
Jan 15 2008 16:44
New Union Federation Formed in Poland

On 21 Dec. was registered KFP, new national workers' federation based on the anarchist principles. Registration of KFP was made by activist of ZSP, whos activists helped write radical statute. KFP unions work on the principles of direct democracy and this is clearly in the statutes. No other unions in Poland have these principles like no function of union chairperson or leader and only delegates and representatives given temporary function to carry out decisions of union members. KFP also introduces completely new ideas to the union movement. KFP can join the people without permament work contract, is open for foreigners and even the prisoners. These people are excluded from the most unions. KFP includes some goals which normal unions don't include, like fight against discrimination of all kinds, making the workplace to use for handicapped people, for people with children and promoting the workers decision-making in work place.

First union group is in international corporation and is growing. After this group and founders make all necessary infrastructure for union (like stupid formalities) the new groups will join for federation. We send the contacts later.

ftony
Jan 17 2008 10:21
Quote:
necessary infrastructure for union (like stupid formalities)

neutral

incidentally, do you guys have any contact with Inicjatiwa Pracowniczsa?

Jason Cortez
Jan 18 2008 14:46

Yeah but it doesn't seem very friendly from where I'm sitting. wink AFAIK the majority of WI members are in CK LA, who ZSP are highly critical of for there links with political parties. For instance see http://libcom.org/forums/thought/usi-article-about-iwa-05012008?page=1#new

akai
Jan 20 2008 09:57

Sorry guys, but you flunk your knowledge of anarchist movement in this country.

The majority of WI members are not in any political group at all. Anarchists, bolsheviks or whatever are the minority of the membership but the majority of the leadership.

From what I know, maybe 3 members of WI are in CKLA. Historically @ members of WI tended to come either from the Anarchist Federation or non-aligned anarchists.

In ZSP there are members of WI but obviously members of WI in ZSP are not active in KFP.

Jason Cortez
Jan 20 2008 18:04

Well you can't expect me to know any more about Poland than i do about that other catholic backwater over the Irish Sea wink embarrassed

akai
Jan 20 2008 18:34

I don't have any assumptions about what people know and what they don't know, I just hope people try to keep themselves reasonably informed about the movement in so-called other countries.

For me that "other Catholic backwater" might as well classify as local since one of the first job of KFP in one company is to coordinate between workers there and here and elsewhere since they all interact in the workplace and in fact share work. That's the reality of capitalism and our movement has to think internationally.

Also, don't be so pessimistic about how "things look". Just because there is some criticism floating around between groups, which represent serious differences in outlook, doesn't mean that some important things can't be done together. In Warsaw we're organizing a joint solidarity action with CKLA next week. Sometimes solidarity against the bosses is bigger than other considerations.