'Tales from the Trenches' - Stories from Games Industry Workers

1 post / 0 new
Auto's picture
Auto
May 18 2012 09:02
'Tales from the Trenches' - Stories from Games Industry Workers

(I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, if not: Mods feel free to move it)

You've probably not heard of a webcomic called 'The Trenches'. It's written/drawn by webcomic creators Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik (Penny Arcade) and Scott Kurtz (PVP). It's a webcomic about working as a Tester in the games industry ('The Trenches' being a longstanding nickname for those working in QA).

I think the webcomic is fairly amusing, but the things that really interest me are the 'Tales from the Trenches' posts that accompany each strip. These are user-submitted stories from people who work in the industry - mostly testers but with some other jobs thrown in too.

These little stories provide a really interesting glimpse into the world of testing and really highlight some of the shit that goes on in the games industry. I also think it's an interesting way of disseminating information about an industry where most abuses are veiled in secrecy and NDA's.

Feel free to take a look. The site updates with a new strip/story every Tuesday and Thursday.