New Brighton SolFed blog

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Dec 8 2009 12:40
New Brighton SolFed blog

local class struggle news, know your rights and more...

www.brightonsolfed.org.uk

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 8 2009 13:03

looks good. How about an ad for libcom? wink

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 8 2009 13:06

actually, on a more general point I don't think it's worth us putting much effort into creating documents around rights at work and that sort of thing.

Basically, it takes a lot of effort and changes are too frequent for us as a small group to be able to keep up with. On top of that, lots of official organisations do that very well already, inform us of our rights under capitalism Worksmart.org.uk for example is very good at this.

I think we should point people in the direction of better and more up-to-date resources such as this, but then stress the point that even to get our rights we need to organise together, etc. And furthermore that the "rights" that we have are minimal and that we should organise together generally to defend ourselves, get improvements, etc.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Dec 8 2009 13:28
Steven. wrote:
actually, on a more general point I don't think it's worth us putting much effort into creating documents around rights at work and that sort of thing.

that's a fair point. it's basically an online version of the Catalyst feature/Stuff Your Boss, but of course print versions don't have the problem of being constantly updated (as much anyway). a greater stress on organising rather than rights certainly wouldn't hurt, it is kinda what we're all about.

Johnny's picture
Johnny
Dec 13 2010 14:25

Solpadeine at Sussex University

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Z2oc9E21c&feature=related

Any pics from the scene that proceded this, anyone?

laugh out loud

Yorkie Bar
Aug 19 2010 06:49

Inspired spamming.

Nate's picture
Nate
Dec 13 2010 09:29

Damn that took a minute for me to realize was spam [admin edit: spam deleted]

no1
Dec 13 2010 10:16

As Yorkie Bar said, anticipating the future, inspired spamming.

It seems like someone found a way to make money out of the Postmodernism Generator (http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/) by adapting it to forum language.