ABC London

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jan 2 2008 07:19
ABC London

Is there one? Or failing that is anyone working on prisoner support in the London area?

ban
Jan 2 2008 15:39

There is one that set very recently. They're based in South East London. I've lost the link to the website, but I've emailed my mate to send it to me again. And I'll pass it on if no one elses adds it before hand.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 2 2008 17:01

There is a new one, about 2 months old. Its mainly london students afaik (ban?). They have been doing stalls outside ULU a bit; 3 mates of mine are in it and they are all students.

They have a myspace, google for it.

They apparently will try and tackle the issue other ABCs have (like supporting AR people and random nutters)

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jan 3 2008 01:59

http://www.myspace.com/londonabc

cheers

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 3 2008 02:16
Tacks wrote:
There is a new one, about 2 months old. Its mainly london students afaik (ban?). They have been doing stalls outside ULU a bit; 3 mates of mine are in it and they are all students.

They have a myspace, google for it.

They apparently will try and tackle the issue other ABCs have (like supporting AR people and random nutters)

...and from their myspace, they have phaeled.

Hard.

Jason Cortez
Jan 3 2008 16:07

"phaeled." what???

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 3 2008 16:45

In the path of separating ABC work from supporting random animal enthusiasts, they have met only phaelyerr.

In the quest for Anarchist Black Cross to mean, well, Anarchist Black Cross, phallen at the phyrst hurdle, they have.

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jan 3 2008 17:04

animal enthusiasts- well I never confused

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 3 2008 17:11

ALF

martinh
Jan 3 2008 20:47

I had a look at their myspace and could find no alf-type prisoners, just a note redirecting people to where they would be found (which seems emintently sensible).

While I know that some of the prisoners they list won't be to everyone's taste, I fail to see how what they are doing is problematic. All the prisoners listed are fairly long term cases, some of whom have been inside for ages and are in very difficult circumstances,

Regards,

Martin

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 4 2008 00:58

this link?

http://www.myspace.com/shac7

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Jan 4 2008 01:46

Tacks their listed as a friend on a myspace page, nothing more.

Jason Cortez
Jan 6 2008 19:59

Look it's obvious that they have failed Tacks purity test, so they should be denounced. wall

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 6 2008 20:44

The top friends has ELF people in it too. Not that it really matters if you're not involved.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 7 2008 03:27
Jason Cortez wrote:
Look it's obvious that they have failed Tacks purity test, so they should be denounced. wall

ha ha ha! That i should win an accolade of political piety on here of all places is truly an achievement.

Yet again is hall say - i know these people and was even asked if i wanted to get involved. I don't get my jollies 'denouncing' people anonymously online. Well i do, but this isn't that.

There are also longstanding issues with the ABC model or network or whatever you want to call it (what can we call it?), and these issues have been discussed in depth repeatedly, and discussed here as well. Anyone starting an ABC group would be well aware of them. In my opinion this is just another loose copy of the other ABC groups, and so it has failed to meet the challenges.

Anyway, i think ELF prisoners should be supported (but not presented as correct or heroes) so how's that for purity?

playinghob's picture
playinghob
Jan 31 2008 22:07

Tried emailing london ABC but got no response. Have tried 3 times over last couple of weeks. Do they still do the stall on Mallet St, anyone got any ideas?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 31 2008 22:34

nope.

The ones i know don't even answer their phones.

whats up?

playinghob's picture
playinghob
Feb 1 2008 18:35

Nowt really Tacks... Just interested in making contact. Am in touch with ABC'ers from Leeds and have links with ABC since Black Flag days and happen to be in London at the mo. Cheers mate......