anarchist loves a believer in capitalism?

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 22 2009 16:36
anarchist loves a believer in capitalism?

Is it possible? or would the anarchist end up killing him.her or vice versa on ideological grounds? I only love you MMC =)

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
Apr 22 2009 16:52
sickdog24 wrote:
Is it possible? or would the anarchist end up killing him.her or vice versa on ideological grounds?

Is this a hypothetical question or are you looking for relationship advice?

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 22 2009 17:01
notch8 wrote:
sickdog24 wrote:
Is it possible? or would the anarchist end up killing him.her or vice versa on ideological grounds?

Is this a hypothetical question or are you looking for relationship advice?

Abit of both. Maybe this aint the place to ask such thingies.

Jenni's picture
Jenni
Offline
Joined: 7-08-07
Apr 22 2009 17:09

of course it's possible. most people don't go round ardently 'believing' in capitalism anyway they just get on with having lives and jobs and friends and fall in love like everyone else, including most anarchists.

good luck,

J-17 problem pages

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 22 2009 17:10

lol j 17 more like S mid 20. wink

Jenni's picture
Jenni
Offline
Joined: 7-08-07
Apr 22 2009 17:22

Relationships are proper fucked.

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 22 2009 17:29
Jenni wrote:
Relationships are proper fucked.

That why your into cats?

Caiman del Barrio
Offline
Joined: 28-09-04
Apr 22 2009 17:59

How can one "believe" in capitalism?

knightrose
Offline
Joined: 8-11-03
Apr 22 2009 18:41
Quote:

Relationships with other anarchists are proper fucked.

We've managed for the past nearly 30 years actually, Mrs Knightrose and I.

knightrose
Offline
Joined: 8-11-03
Apr 22 2009 18:58
Quote:

Yea, but imagine she was a platformist, and any talk of politics involved bloodletting. wink

As it happens ...

petey
Offline
Joined: 13-10-05
Apr 22 2009 21:01
Quote:
or would the anarchist end up killing him.her or vice versa on ideological grounds?

i'm married to management. neither of us is dead yet, but then, i'm not a proper anarchist.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Apr 22 2009 21:12

who the fuck goes out with people based on their politics?

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 22 2009 21:27

me

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Apr 22 2009 21:37

You are silly
Aside from the obvious like not being a nazi or a completely mental christian it probably shouldn't be that big of a deal
I mean, yeah, if you happen to have same politics it's one more thing you've common ground on, but you can find common ground in lots of things; interests, music, books whatever.
There's no reason you coudln't love someone with the shittest politics in the world.

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
Apr 22 2009 21:50

Knock 3 or 4 of these into yourself and politics wont matter anyway.
In fact, nothing at all will matter.

Tojiah's picture
Tojiah
Offline
Joined: 2-10-06
Apr 22 2009 22:01

Take it from me: better they have shitty politics than be shitty people.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Apr 22 2009 22:05
notch8 wrote:
Knock 3 or 4 of these into yourself and politics wont matter anyway.
In fact, nothing at all will matter.

Family problems?
Health worries?
Money issues?

NOTHING matters when you're on THE SAUCE
www.getyourselfonthesauce.gov.uk

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
Apr 22 2009 22:15

Imminent War!
Economic Crisis!
Knife Crime!
Terrorism!

Forget it ALL with
THE DRINK

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
Apr 22 2009 22:14

72% of UK marriages run into difficulty at some time. What will you do if yours is one of them?

Relationship Counselling - £60 an hour
White Lightning - £10 for 7 litres

TURN TO THE POP

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 23 2009 08:12
notch8 wrote:
72% of UK marriages run into difficulty at some time. What will you do if yours is one of them?

Relationship Counselling - £60 an hour
White Lightning - £10 for 7 litres

TURN TO THE POP

I think you work for Diageo. =)

Farce's picture
Farce
Offline
Joined: 21-04-09
Apr 23 2009 12:09

Basically we should all just seduce non-anarchists and then refuse to actually shag them until they become anarchos. Then repeat until we have workers' councils. Simple, innit.

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Apr 23 2009 12:42
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
How can one "believe" in capitalism?

how can one not believe in it either - it exists

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 23 2009 13:36
weeler wrote:
More importantly, when you meet someone who isn't an anarchist and like a month in you have to kind of explain what all your friends are muttering about in the pub and that you are 'anarchists' - its so embarrassing.

You gonna keep that side of you quiet when Murdoch comes calling ? laugh out loud

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Apr 23 2009 15:26
oisleep wrote:
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
How can one "believe" in capitalism?

how can one not believe in it either - it exists

Eh because a belief is a subjective way of knowing by definition.
As you say capitalism DOES exist, so you accept that, belief isn't important, as capitalism exists whether or not you believe in it.

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Apr 23 2009 19:11

no shit sherlock

my hand exists, and i know it - so how can i not believe that it does - given my knowledge about the matter of its existence

(no dreary descartes stuff in reply please)

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 23 2009 19:20

lol

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Apr 23 2009 19:40
oisleep wrote:
no shit sherlock

my hand exists, and i know it - so how can i not believe that it does - given my knowledge about the matter of its existence

(no dreary descartes stuff in reply please)

well Alan's point was that 'belief' in capitalism is completely missing the point, people 'support' it certainly, or are against it but generally whether they 'believe' it exists or not is a rather daft emphasis to take.

Have you ever heard anyone say they 'believe' their hands exists? No you just accept it exists because it is there, attached to you, and you can see it, and it's objectively verifiable.
Seriously, don't be a thick as fuck cretin.

Was that 'dreary Descartes' enough for you? wink

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 23 2009 19:44
Choccy wrote:
oisleep wrote:
no shit sherlock

my hand exists, and i know it - so how can i not believe that it does - given my knowledge about the matter of its existence

(no dreary descartes stuff in reply please)

well Alan's point was that 'belief' in capitalism is completely missing the point, people 'support' it certainly, or are against it but generally whether they 'believe' it exists or not is a rather daft emphasis to take.

Have you ever heard anyone say they 'believe' their hands exists? No you just accept it exists because it is there, attached to you, and you can see it, and it's objectively verifiable.
Seriously, don't be a thick as fuck cretin.

Was that 'dreary Descartes' enough for you? wink

Now, now. We are on the same side. circle A

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
Apr 23 2009 19:57

As Oisleep? You know he hates us, right? wink

Skips
Offline
Joined: 10-03-09
Apr 23 2009 19:58

he does? wink

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Offline
Joined: 20-04-05
Apr 23 2009 20:02
Choccy wrote:
oisleep wrote:
no shit sherlock

my hand exists, and i know it - so how can i not believe that it does - given my knowledge about the matter of its existence

(no dreary descartes stuff in reply please)

well Alan's point was that 'belief' in capitalism is completely missing the point, people 'support' it certainly, or are against it but generally whether they 'believe' it exists or not is a rather daft emphasis to take.

Have you ever heard anyone say they 'believe' their hands exists? No you just accept it exists because it is there, attached to you, and you can see it, and it's objectively verifiable.
Seriously, don't be a thick as fuck cretin.

Was that 'dreary Descartes' enough for you? wink

erm you're pretty much making the point i made - i.e. how can someone not believe in something which is objectively verifiable - whether they go around saying they believe/don't believe in their hand/capitalism is besides the point

anyroads, clearly the OP's choice of word was obviously not the one they should have used