Birmingham Anarchists Unite!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
SageNate
Jul 18 2011 19:44
Birmingham Anarchists Unite!

Hey, Posting here from birmingham, UK. A friend of mine has recently decided to (re)start a birmingham anarchist federation, and so far we're getting involved with local projects, such as the whitmarley birmingham social centre (www.birminghamsocialcentre.wordpress.com/) we're attending the meetings of other left wing parties such as SWP and Resistance,looking to meet as many like minded individuals as possible, and help out wherever we can. We've got a facebook group so we can all get to know each other, so please, if you're in/around the area and want to get involved don't hesitate to come and introduce yourself.

SageNate
Jul 18 2011 19:45

silly me, forgot link to the facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/121478507943962?ap=1

Conanon's picture
Conanon
Jul 18 2011 19:48

Hopefully, when we've bolstered some more numbers. We'll start showing up around Birmingham.

radicalgraffiti
Jul 18 2011 19:55

Hi have you been in contact with the anarchist federation at all?

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jul 18 2011 20:20

There was a thread on this here, where some folks asked some pretty direct questions the original poster didn't respond to:

http://libcom.org/forums/organise/birmingham-anarchist-federation-15072011

I do want to ask, tho, why do you think you're likely to find similarly inclined people in the Left/Trot groups (aside from newly radicalized members who gravitate towards them as the loudest voice around)? And, if involvement with other groups is part of your strategy, how have you related to the sizable IWW presence in Brum? Likewise (and I don't mean this as a criticism as there could be lots of good reason for this), why have you chosen not to link up with either of the nat'l feds?

SageNate
Jul 18 2011 20:47

I do apologise, i didn't realise that there was already a thread about birmingham anarchists alive, guess i need to learn to use the search function. As for linking up with the IWW presence, and the nat'l federations, i'd love to see the BAF head this way. My only guess as to why it already hasn't would be that it's just (3 days ago) been started, and full research on what was/is already around in terms of leftist presence hasn't been carried out. Myself, i only found out that con and another anarchist were trying to unite birmingham activists a few days ago, i guess theres still a lot to be sorted.

SageNate
Jul 18 2011 20:50

just to clear things up that may not have been said in the other thread, we're not part of the AF/Afed at this moment in time, though they're fine folk and doing a great job so far. Apologies if the name caused any confusion.