Herefordshire Anarchists?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
anarchomedia's picture
anarchomedia
Dec 10 2012 23:56
Herefordshire Anarchists?

Hello,
I am seeking fellow anarchists in Herefordshire with a view to starting a mutual aid society here. Anyone interested?
Thanks and bye for now.

Wiggleston's picture
Wiggleston
Dec 11 2012 13:40

That's a shame, I'm from the Shropshire/Herefordshire border and would have loved to help, but have moved to London now. If I'm not mistaken the Anarchist Federation used to have a local for Hereford, although I have no idea if it is still active. Anyway, good luck!

jonthom's picture
jonthom
Dec 11 2012 14:00

Have you checked out the Hereford Heckler? Anarcho newsletter from Hereford, could be worth getting in touch.

anarchomedia's picture
anarchomedia
Dec 11 2012 15:02

Wiggleston - I'll look into joining the AF thanks.
Jonthom - Hereford Heckler - good suggestion I've just sent an email to them, see what happens.

Wiggleston's picture
Wiggleston
Dec 11 2012 21:58

Ah, actually go with Jonthom, a quick google check shows that the guys from Hereford AF dissolved that group and started the Hereford Heckler. Keep us up to date as to what you end up doing!

anarchomedia's picture
anarchomedia
Dec 13 2012 15:47

No reply to my email from the Heckler. No reply to my request to join the AF. sad I think I am going to have to resort to putting an ad in the paper or something.

Wiggleston's picture
Wiggleston
Dec 13 2012 16:44
anarchomedia wrote:
No reply to my email from the Heckler. No reply to my request to join the AF. sad I think I am going to have to resort to putting an ad in the paper or something.

Yep, seems to be an inherent problem in the anarchist scene. In my attempts in the past I've frequently failed to receive responses from both ALARM and SolFed

anarchomedia's picture
anarchomedia
Dec 13 2012 19:07

Ok since my main aim is to try out anarcho-communism in practice maybe I don't necessarily need to find fellow anarchists but just anyone willing to try out mutual aid / communalism. I mean fellow anarchists would be ideal because there is so much I wouldn't have to explain and they are already more or less sold on the idea even before I put forward my pitch but if there aren't any I can find near me then I'll have to make do with others. Any advice then on how to find the right people, sell them on the project and generally organise things? beardiest

thegonzokid's picture
thegonzokid
Dec 13 2012 21:39
Wiggleston wrote:
anarchomedia wrote:

Yep, seems to be an inherent problem in the anarchist scene. In my attempts in the past I've frequently failed to receive responses from both ALARM and SolFed

I currently deal with membership enquiries sent to SolFed's national email address. When did you contact us? I normally try and make sure all enquiries are responded to within 24 hours.

anarchomedia's picture
anarchomedia
Dec 13 2012 23:16

Cool I've had a reply from AF, They are passing me on to some local AFers for further processing hopefully there are some nearby. Sometimes I really regret moving to Herefordshire for although it is beautifully rural it is also such a backwater with so very little going on.

Wiggleston's picture
Wiggleston
Dec 17 2012 14:49

Cool, good luck with that and let us know how you get on, I'd be really interested in anything that gets going back home.
I know how you feel, I lived in Clun for 10 years, no train station for 8miles. Great for walking, not so great for organising tongue. Politically, I felt very isolated...

Iron Primate's picture
Iron Primate
Jan 5 2013 01:30

I'm in Worcestershire. Close enough? The NHS seem to think so -- for as long as they might still be around! I'll send you a PM and we'll chat.