JSA NEW DEAL

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
miky88
May 7 2009 11:58
JSA NEW DEAL

Hi ive been on jsa for just over six months and have to do the mandatory newdeal scheme ive done this scheme once before and am not really too excited about doing it again is there anyway to avoid this scheme?

Skips
May 7 2009 12:58

Come off new deal, then back on again. Plead with your advisor...its shit aint it.

trenchone
May 8 2009 08:33

Government is saying that it will "guarantee" everyone under 25 a job or "training". It's probable that this "training" will just be an extension of the new deal. So it won't be long before we're not asking what individuals can do but what thousands of the unemployed can do, They can't expect to throw dozens/scores of people on to schemes with nothing to do and then be surprised at what could happen. Mind you, at the moment, for most of us, the new deal is a miserable experience, and you all end up just moaning about it, aware of the threats to JSA etc

Farce's picture
Farce
May 8 2009 11:40

Serious question: does anyone think those "Job Subsidies" of up to £2,310 you can get on New Deal are a good thing to mention when going for a job? I mean, I can see why it'd be an good thing to offer, but I can't think of a way of phrasing it where it doesn't sound like I'm saying "o hai, I'm officially so fucking useless that the government will bribe you 2 grand to take me off their hands." Is it better to mention them or keep quiet?

MAXTNUTS
May 8 2009 11:41

Everything must have an end and to progress or advance in any way you must know where you are going. Sometimes though, we can become so immersed in searching for the path that leads us to our destination, that we forget that the hardest part of the journey is finding where to begin.
better to be busy than do nowt.

Farce's picture
Farce
May 13 2009 13:19
sickdog24 wrote:
Come off new deal, then back on again. Plead with your advisor...its shit aint it.

How easy is it to do this? Do you just say you don't want to claim JSA anymore, or what? How long do you have to be off JSA for before it counts as a new claim? How easy is it to come back onto JSA once you've left? Advice on this would be massively massively appreciated, the sooner the better really.

radicalgraffiti
May 13 2009 21:32

i think its 13 weeks, but i could be wrong, its been a long time since i asked. Its not at all hard to get back on to jsa if you are off it for a while.

Skips
May 13 2009 23:05
Farce wrote:
sickdog24 wrote:

How easy is it to do this? Do you just say you don't want to claim JSA anymore, or what? How long do you have to be off JSA for before it counts as a new claim? How easy is it to come back onto JSA once you've left? Advice on this would be massively massively appreciated, the sooner the better really.

6 weeks I heard although I could be wrong comrade.