Yorkshire Anarchist Group

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yorkshire Anarc...
Nov 8 2009 19:34
Yorkshire Anarchist Group

The new Yorkshire Anarchist Group is in the process of being formed. This from our blog...

Quote:
The Yorkshire Anarchist Group (YAG) was created partly to bring together divergent groups and individuals who are scattered throughout Yorkshire’s ridings in the hope that we can work more efficiently by presenting a united front, but also to provide an umbrella for people and groups in the smaller towns that make up a significant proportion of our region’s demographic profile. All too often important struggles and campaigns go unsupported because attention is focused on a few key cities. This is not intended as a criticism of the people who are doing some amazing things in those cities, but we could have a few more ’successes’ under our belts if we sometimes lend a hand to our less fortunate neighbours – a kind of ‘mutual aid’ for activists.

YAG is not seen as an alternative to the strategies and initiatives that currently exist in Yorkshire, rather it is an attempt to bring together diverse (and dispersed…) talents and resources to strengthen and expand upon what already exists. To this end we intend to hold meetings across the region and in the new year we will be producing a Yorkshire-wide newsletter. If you would like to get involved then please contact us via...

yorkshire.anarchist [at] gmail.com

Offers of help will be warmly appreciated smile

Dave Ignorant's picture
Dave Ignorant
Feb 27 2010 21:18

Hello YAG! Are you still on with this?

I've joined this forum today, to see what's happening in (No)God's own county.

I live in the Leeds/Wakey area and was very active in working class struggles in this region a few years back. I was a member of AF in the early 2000s and active in CW stuff.

I'm getting really pissed off with the regular pre-General Election bollocks.

D I

Farce's picture
Farce
Feb 27 2010 21:38

I could be wrong, but I think all the people involved in YAG in Leeds are all in either CW or AF. There's a lot of stuff going on in Leeds (Wakefield a bit less so). SolFed are also somewhat active in West Yorkshire, I think there's now increasing co-operation between them and the AF.