MINUTES - 25th April 2004

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
WeTheYouth
Apr 25 2004 19:08
MINUTES - 25th April 2004

Mayday: Going to London, funds must be raised to help those who cant. We could go to the dsei action, it starts at half eight.

Squat: We gotta check it out + have a stall at ladyfest

Leamington Peace Festival: Have a stall there

Jeffrey luers: Find Yanky Consulate

Adbusting: Check out prime billboards.

[edit]

Stall Tour: Next one Leamington 7th May.

--

Members present - J,Dissident,M,WTY and rebel lion.

[edited by Kidda, hope you dont mind mate, but i think GT was refering to the last point so better to be safe and sorry, ive gone all china on ya ass and censored ya hehe, i'll move it to the internal list]

rebel_lion
Apr 25 2004 19:35

Bloody hell that appeared quick. At least today wasn't a complete waste of time... post-action* meetings seem to be a better idea than separate sunday ones, judging by the last few "meetings"...

*well i say action, but there clearly wasn't any action due to the trots being wankers and thinking the way to fight fascism is by having some woman buthchering songs like "Redemption Song" and "Strange Fruit" while they stand around in a square selling papers... what's the betting there never were any "coaches to the venue" and they just made that up to get people to come? roll eyes

Spartacus's picture
Spartacus
Apr 26 2004 11:24

where were you lot? i came to the square at 5:30, and none of yous were about. anyway, for mayday, i'm going to try going down on friday night cos then i can go see dead prez, wty, can you send me details about that cheap bus?

i'll contact ladyfest this week sometime, it'll be awesome. for jeff free luers, here's the website, day of action is june 12th: http://www.freefreenow.org/

should the info relating to brighthouse really be put on a public forum?

WeTheYouth
Apr 26 2004 11:27

No mate keep it on the internal list.

Okay we can get from Brum to london for £3 and £1 extra return, but we to keep it cheap we need to but off the net, so if we put all the money together someone with a debit card could get them?

Plus Rebel Lion dont like shit buses or travelling far so we coudl have to go on natioanl express.

But, we could always do some other action for mayday.

Da_Original_Dis...
Apr 27 2004 09:55

Yo

The Desi action is actually on the friday at 8 30 in the morning not mayday.

I carnt go to that cause i wont be able to pick up my pay packet.

Buy the way this is my second day of work 'sick', 3 day week!!!! i thought ide share that with uz cause im estatic about it. shame i dont get sick pay.

Si smile

Spartacus's picture
Spartacus
Apr 27 2004 11:35

wty, where are you getting these tickets from? i had a look on national express and there aren't any cheapo ones at decent times, i'm think of getting the train down on friday.

rebel_lion
Apr 27 2004 12:59

i dont mind the buses thing *that* much... it's just that travelling in, well, anything with an engine really tends to make me feel ill, but if i dont eat on the bus and bring a sick bag just in case i should be alright...

just didn't want it to look like i had some weird ideological objection to travelling on buses or something smile

and i don't want anyone else to have to pay more because of me... i might not be able to make it anyway cos there are other things that might come up, so get the £3 bus...

i spoke to the bloke who organises Leamington Peace Festival, there is already an AK Press stall there but he should be able to sort it out for us to have a stall there... would it be alright to share it with the Leamington Spark if we manage to get the Spark "active" again by then?

what's this about dead prez? they playing london on friday?

WeTheYouth
Apr 27 2004 15:40

megabus.com mate.

Spartacus's picture
Spartacus
Apr 28 2004 14:20
Quote:
what's this about dead prez? they playing london on friday?

yep. ticketweb.co.uk. looks like a peachy night.

WeTheYouth
Apr 29 2004 12:41

So whats the fuck is happening then? London? Staying here?

rebel_lion
Apr 30 2004 14:21

Sorry guys, i'm almost certainly not going to make it to anywhere tomorrow, not feeling up to it for various reasons, mostly university stress related... i know that's a shitty cop-out but it's just not very feasible for me to get down really and there is a shitload of both personal/educational and local activis stuff that i need to sort out. sad

Hope those of you who can get down have a good time tho...