Should name changes be allowed

No and neither should Alan_is_fucking_dead
23% (5 votes)
no
14% (3 votes)
yes
23% (5 votes)
I have no opinion but want to vote for the sake of it, its not as if I even have to vote to see the results, I am a fuckwit.
41% (9 votes)
Total votes: 22

Posted By

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 22:11

Tags

Share

Attached files

Comments

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 22:11

I believe that usernames should not change and that rkn was temporarily insane when he allowed Alan_is_fucking_Dead to change his name.

I propose that name changes should be banned, unless the poster wants the name anarchostalinist no.2

If the results of this vote are fixed by the libcom collective.

(Its possible, rkn was called a Stalinist here )

Then I propose a campaign of civil disobedience.

Quote Alan_is_fucking_Dead's posts, delete the obligatory reference to his girlfriend and then change the name to either Alan_is_fucking_Dead or TNKFKASIFD (The Knobhead Formerly Known As Alan_is_fucking_Dead)

Steven.
Apr 12 2006 22:12

You love alan, don't you?

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 22:16

I don't like these name changes.

Plus ever since I stopped saying I'd give him a wedgie (it always makes me laugh to type or say that) he's been quite aggressive towards me.

So I am especially annoyed when he is given special treatment that could potentially lead to the end of libcom as we know it.

ps. Jack, stop rkn's madness, they let people change names on TTG, that should be enough for you.

Ramona
Apr 12 2006 22:19

Why has this upset you so much? It was only one poster! grin

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 22:22
zobag wrote:
Why has this upset you so much? It was only one poster! grin

Its a slippery slope.

It's not because I hate Alan.

Not that I like him or nothing, I'm not gay get off me you bummers.

Thora
Apr 12 2006 22:26
Jef Costello wrote:
zobag wrote:
Why has this upset you so much? It was only one poster! grin

Its a slippery slope.

It's not because I hate Alan.

Not that I like him or nothing, I'm not gay get off me you bummers.

It can be a slippery slope - it was very confusing on TTG for a while.

Also, Jef, stop being mean to Alan. I like Alan.

Ramona
Apr 12 2006 22:27

No, she hates you.

Thora
Apr 12 2006 22:30
zobag wrote:
No, she hates you.

I used to hate him, but then I met him in real life and actually liked him. Even though he was mean to me neutral

Steven.
Apr 12 2006 22:31
Thora wrote:
zobag wrote:
No, she hates you.

I used to hate him, but then I met him in real life and actually liked him. Even though he was mean to me neutral

I thought that was what you liked? wink

Thora
Apr 12 2006 22:35
revol68 wrote:
Thora wrote:
zobag wrote:
No, she hates you.

I used to hate him, but then I met him in real life and actually liked him. Even though he was mean to me neutral

i was not mean to you. eek

i was nice, i didn't even set fire to your squat.

Even if you had set fire to it, we'd have been ok cos we had all those fire extinguishers wink

Steven.
Apr 12 2006 22:36
Thora wrote:
revol68 wrote:

i was not mean to you. eek

i was nice, i didn't even set fire to your squat.

Even if you had set fire to it, we'd have been ok cos we had all those fire extinguishers :wink:

Beat me to the joke sad

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 22:37

Stop derailing my thread you bastards!

Thora, ffs if I hated Alan_is_fucking_Dead I wouldn't have reassured him that I wasn't going to give him a wedgie. Although it might be a form of direct action to protest against this name change wink

Thora wrote:
Also, Jef, stop being mean to Alan. I like Alan.

I am never mean to Alan_is_fucking_Dead. He is the vanguard for a fascist revolution on libcom, with his Prince apeing antics he is so petit bourgeois

ps his penis is smaller and narrower than his argument

even his girlfriend agrees (she has to be mentioned in every post concerning Alan_is_fucking_Dead)

Thora
Apr 12 2006 22:37
John. wrote:
Thora wrote:
revol68 wrote:

i was not mean to you. eek

i was nice, i didn't even set fire to your squat.

Even if you had set fire to it, we'd have been ok cos we had all those fire extinguishers :wink:

Beat me to the joke :(

The old ones are the best eh?

Ramona
Apr 12 2006 22:43
revol68 wrote:
fuck off Zobag, i can't be arsed having this argument with myself grin

But what if I'm raw's alter ego and not yours?

Edit - damn!

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 22:47
Thora wrote:
The old ones are the best eh?

Who are you really?

You've signed out of MSN and now I'm alone.

Alan_is_fucking_Dead I'm sorry you have a girlfriend she's real and everything.

rkn I'm not trying it on with your property

Jack I haven't cocked anyone before you had a chance to.

Karma wise I'm ok, Thora must just be an evil woman. They all are. They want your motherfuckin' cheese.

Caiman del Barrio
Apr 12 2006 22:59

All this attention is gonna go to my head...

Thora
Apr 12 2006 23:00
Jef Costello wrote:
Thora wrote:
The old ones are the best eh?

Who are you really?

You've signed out of MSN and now I'm alone.

Alan_is_fucking_Dead I'm sorry you have a girlfriend she's real and everything.

rkn I'm not trying it on with your property

Jack I haven't cocked anyone before you had a chance to.

Karma wise I'm ok, Thora must just be an evil woman. They all are. They want your motherfuckin' cheese.

Don't hate me Jef! My msn is really crappy (cos it's a mac version I reckon, fucking macs angry ) and it won't let me sign back in. I didn't mean to leave you, I was about to start gossiping about librarians.

jef costello
Apr 12 2006 23:47
Thora wrote:
Jef Costello wrote:
Thora wrote:
The old ones are the best eh?

Who are you really?

You've signed out of MSN and now I'm alone.

Alan_is_fucking_Dead I'm sorry you have a girlfriend she's real and everything.

rkn I'm not trying it on with your property

Jack I haven't cocked anyone before you had a chance to.

Karma wise I'm ok, Thora must just be an evil woman. They all are. They want your motherfuckin' cheese.

Don't hate me Jef! My msn is really crappy (cos it's a mac version I reckon, fucking macs angry ) and it won't let me sign back in. I didn't mean to leave you, I was about to start gossiping about librarians.

Don't worry Thira, I think you're 8)

When Alan_is_fucking_Dead takes his real name back I won't even hate him.

I'm like Jesus I love and forgive everyone, I also like fish and chips, its an obvious connection you racists!

PissedOnceMore
Apr 13 2006 05:40

Generally, no - I've got the one I want now. But here has to be exceptions to the rule.

ie; you live in a developing country where the army openly make threats. (Do it my way - or else). You register at libcom with the user name you normally use. Big mistake number 1. You register at other sites whose origins are from the above country. You register using the name you normally use. Big mistake number 2...

PissedOnceMore
Apr 13 2006 05:58
Jef Costello wrote:
If the results of this vote are fixed by the libcom collective.

(Its possible, rkn was called a Stalinist here )

I do believe rkn is the Genuine Article. All I'm saying is that the inside information that he has access to shouldn't be utilised in the personal arguments, comments or whatever that he puts in the Forum. Of course, in a duly authorised capacity, AFILAW.

Steven.
Apr 13 2006 08:02
PissedOnceMore wrote:
Jef Costello wrote:
If the results of this vote are fixed by the libcom collective.

(Its possible, rkn was called a Stalinist here )

I do believe rkn is the Genuine Article. All I'm saying is that the inside information that he has access to shouldn't be utilised in the personal arguments, comments or whatever that he puts in the Forum. Of course, in a duly authorised capacity, AFILAW.

No worries POM, it's fine to change your name, we could've done it for you. After the whole "gangster" incident we're just a bit cautious about people posting odd things under alternate usernames.

Joseph Kay
Apr 13 2006 08:23
John. wrote:
After the whole "gangster" incident we're just a bit cautious about people posting odd things under alternate usernames.

i see. so thats why there's "a lack of anti-id card enthusiasm on libcom" wink

the button objects to my anglophone rendering of 'Joseph', maybe if he's bothered enough we can put it to the vote and let the tyranny of the majority (and some admin superpower) take care of it.

jef costello
Apr 13 2006 11:56

I think the results of the poll speak for themselves admins.

ps I'm not crazy.

red n black star

Caiman del Barrio
Apr 13 2006 13:49

Jef you are being pretty obsessive, it's slightly unnerving. John changed his name not so long ago, so it's not like I'm setting a precedent.

Who was Pissed Once More originally??

jef costello
Apr 13 2006 13:59
Alan_is_fucking_Dead wrote:
Jef you are being pretty obsessive, it's slightly unnerving. John changed his name not so long ago, so it's not like I'm setting a precedent.

John. has been John. for as long as I've been here.

I was trying to occupy the forums.

I am shocked that a well supported self-organised grass roots campaign has failed to achieve results. I will continue my protests, but perhaps with less of the crazy.

You let me down, man. Now I don't believe in nothing no more. I'm going to law school.

Thora
Apr 13 2006 14:12
Jef Costello wrote:
Alan_is_fucking_Dead wrote:
Jef you are being pretty obsessive, it's slightly unnerving. John changed his name not so long ago, so it's not like I'm setting a precedent.

John. has been John. for as long as I've been here.

I was trying to occupy the forums.

John.'s old username was really embarassing grin

Steven.
Apr 13 2006 14:21
Thora wrote:
John.'s old username was really embarassing grin

fuck i'd totally forgotten hat. cough. hmm maybe i should edit this out so no one knows twisted

in fairness i was only like 18 when i chose it, and a trot. embarrassed

Jacques Roux
Apr 13 2006 14:22

That was even more embaressing than my old username.

Joseph Kay
Apr 13 2006 14:25
John. wrote:
Thora wrote:
John.'s old username was really embarassing grin

fuck i'd totally forgotten hat. cough. hmm maybe i should edit this out so no one knows twisted

in fairness i was only like 18 when i chose it, and a trot. embarrassed

intriguing ...

Joseph Kay
Apr 13 2006 14:26
rkn wrote:
That was even more embaressing than my old username.

and the intrigue thickens...

you guys are just toying with us newbies roll eyes