Surrey / Hants Afed group

Submitted by axiom on March 2, 2011

As there are several threads on Libcom relating to the Surrey and Hampshire areas I thought that I'd make it apparent that there is a Surrey / Hants Afed group. I've posted a link on the those other threads so that people can contact us.

The idea was to cover the area around Woking, Farnham, Guildford, Aldershot and Farnborough — the Surrey & Hants border. However we now have a few members in Surrey but who are near to London.

surreyhants 'at' afed.org.uk

Dan.

DZA

13 years 1 month ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by DZA on March 28, 2011

Cheers, I am moving to Basingstoke in July and think I would like to get involved when I'm over there. I don't think it's too far.

axiom

13 years 1 month ago

Submitted by axiom on March 28, 2011

Excellent DZA.

If you contact us by email after you've moved we will certainly arrange to meet you.

Solidarity,
Dan.

Ellar

12 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Ellar on August 3, 2011

Nice one! I just got back from the pub were I was chatting to some of the new surrey and hants group members. Hope to meet you soon DZA.

rat

12 years 9 months ago

Submitted by rat on August 4, 2011

Hi DZA,

I'm in Reading (and Surrey-Hants AF) which is a short train journey to Basingstoke so we could meet for a chat sometime in the near future.

DZA

12 years 9 months ago

Submitted by DZA on August 6, 2011

I haven't contributed anything to the stuggle yet and feel I'm terrible at getting my point across in debates and also just in general conversation a lot of the time, but I hope to get better at this by meeting other people with similar views as me and hopefully get a better idea of what I can do to help.

rat

12 years 9 months ago

Submitted by rat on August 6, 2011

Hi DZA,

As a little ol' lady once said to me 'To live is to choose sides'.

Well actually she had the phrase on a badge stuck onto her coat.
She’d pulled my jacket sleeve and asked for a copy of Organise! the AF’s magazine.

I had to think about that statement on her badge for sometime.
I'd already been in various organisations at that point but for me the idea on her badge was a very clear and succinct way of pointing out that the world is divided into two classes. And it doesn’t matter where you come from, your background, your family, your confidence, your race, your sexuality...you have to decide to choose sides.
For me, that decision may come from bitter experience or a sensitivity to the awful, brutal social conditions that anyone with any imagination can see all around us.

Getting involved is what counts rather than loads of confidence and articulation.

On a lighter note, I’ve had a look at you website and I like to come over to one of your gigs sometime. Maybe S&H AF could make it a night out?

Cheers,

Dan.

DZA

12 years 9 months ago

Submitted by DZA on August 6, 2011

I'm supporting the French band Beng Beng Cocktail at Poison Bar, Basingstoke if any of you wanna come to that. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103782809719903

DZA

12 years 7 months ago

Submitted by DZA on October 11, 2011

Are there many of you out there? I'm still up for meeting up at some point. I still haven't learn to drive so it's a case of being able to get to wherever it is but yeah, I wouldn't mind meeting.

rat

12 years 7 months ago

Submitted by rat on October 11, 2011

DZA,

I'll be moving to Basingstoke for a few months at the beginning of November. So we can arrange to meet for a chat around then. Can you PM your email to me?

zavatap

12 years 6 months ago

Submitted by zavatap on October 24, 2011

Been part of S/H AF since Summer - it's getting pretty sizeable now! I'll be sure to let you know when and where the next meeting is.

DZA

12 years 6 months ago

Submitted by DZA on November 10, 2011

Is there a website or something? How do I stay updated with what's going on?

ElRaval

12 years 6 months ago

Submitted by ElRaval on November 10, 2011

Hi DZA

There isn't a website for the S&H group but you can check out the AF national website. Resistance has just come out so worth having a look

http://www.afed.org.uk/res/resist136.pdf

We have a contact in Basingstoke - have you been in touch with them?

I'm down in Southampton myself

rat

12 years 5 months ago

Submitted by rat on November 13, 2011

Hi DZA,

Let's meet in a couple of weeks.

Dan.

rat

12 years 5 months ago

Submitted by rat on December 7, 2011

Just downloaded your We Are All Obscene album.

rat

12 years 5 months ago

Submitted by rat on December 7, 2011

The Anarchist Federation appreciate the link on your site as no doubt the Solidarity Federation do as well as Libcom.

rat

12 years ago

Submitted by rat on April 29, 2012

St.Imier and the Anarchist International.
Talk and discussion:
Royal Holloway University, Geography Building.
Thursday, 3 May.
19:00

http://www.facebook.com/events/214028495376275/

rat

10 years 11 months ago

Submitted by rat on June 9, 2013

Surrey & Hants Afed
a Network Group of the Anarchist Federation.
Based around the Surrey & Hampshire border area

@SurreyHantsAfed

rat

9 years 4 months ago

Submitted by rat on January 10, 2015

Surrey & Hants AF members met with other AF comrades from London and the south east today at a productive and enjoyable regional meeting. Hopefully we'll be able to connect with other anarchist communists in the area soon.

Comrade Phil

9 years 2 months ago

Submitted by Comrade Phil on March 4, 2015

Iv been trying to join the Surrey and Hants AF but me and the member meeting me have been having problems meeting, as my parents won`t allow me to go on my own, so iv had to cancel when a friend has been busy.

Thoughts?

rat

9 years 2 months ago

Submitted by rat on March 5, 2015

Hi Comrade Phil,
I've sent you a message. See the tab "messages" at the top of the Libcom page.

Comrade Phil

9 years 1 month ago

Submitted by Comrade Phil on March 20, 2015

I have recently sent you a email about whether you are busy in Easter.

rat

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by rat on May 27, 2016

Just to say that there is a Surrey & Hants AF Facebook page now. Hopefully people interested in revolutionary anarchist action in the area will be able to contact SHAF via the Facebook page.

Surrey & Hants AF Facebook

rat

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by rat on May 28, 2016

We are trying to get some connections in the Surrey / Hampshire border area, even though we are smack bang in the middle of Toryville, we also know that there is no real social peace anywhere. We just hope to make enough contacts in the area so that we can turn-up at a few demos and show an anarchist presence and hopefully mob up with other fucked-off workers for future actions.

win88

7 years 8 months ago

Submitted by win88 on September 7, 2016

it may travel very far

rat

7 years 5 months ago

Submitted by rat on December 10, 2016

Just to say that Surrey & Hants AF distributed Resistance outside Guildford station on Thursday. We had a a fair amount of people who stopped and chatted and asked about the paper and the AF.

rat

6 years 12 months ago

Submitted by rat on May 13, 2017

I'm blatantly posting the same message on two related threads to say that Surrey and Hampshire AF (SHAF) comrades have been getting involved in the anti-fracking protest site at Leith Hill and we'll be be up there in the near future too. Will be producing a text outlining an anarcho-communist perspective on anti-fracking and environmentalist protest camps.

rat

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by rat on September 13, 2017

Here's some info from the Surrey & Hants blog about the upcoming comms blockade of one of the companies involved in fracking:

On Wednesday 27th of September and Thursday 28th of September there will be all day communications blockades of PJ Brown Construction. They are one of the companies involved in the fracking operations at Leith Hill.

We appeal to international anti-fracking activists to spread the word about this communications blockade.

We encourage people to express their disapproval of PJ Brown’s involvement in the fracking operations at Leith Hill so that the company will change their mind.

On Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th of September, phone, email and fax the company to voice your concerns. Dialling (141) before the PJ Brown’s number will hide your own landline number.

Main Office: +44 (0) 1293 544856

Fax: +44 (0) 1293 571164

Email: [email protected]

https://www.pjbrown.co.uk/

https://surreyandhampshireanarchistfederation.wordpress.com/2017/08/27/communications-blockade-27th-28th-sept/

Serge Forward

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Serge Forward on September 13, 2017

You should put that last post in announcements.

rat

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by rat on June 1, 2018

Just a reminder that the Surrey ACG and Surrey / Hants Afed group meet-up together fairly regularly.
Check the websites for contact details.